1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tom Lewis

Discussion in 'Golf' started by GasheadinChelt, Oct 16, 2011.

1. GasheadinChelt

What a performance by the young lad today and what a season he's had - led the Open Championship, was part of a victorious Walker Cup side that sent the Yanks packing and has now recorded his maiden professional tour victory in only his third event. He's had a terrific season.

2. H-D

H-D Active Member

He looks a world class golfer in the making. His performance at The Open obviously brought him into public view, but what has impressed me is his displays after it - some amateurs who have a good major seem to disappear, only to be seen languishing in and around the world's top 250 five years on. Since July he has gone on to be part of a victorious Walker Cup team, and as you say put in a sterling performance in Portugal last week to win his first event (something which took Rickie Fowler almost 3 years, and he will be up in the top 20 this time next year in my opinion.)

You can guarantee Tom Lewis isn't a one tournament wonder; I have a feeling we might see big things of him in the near future. Well done Tom, you are most certainly the envy of thousands (like me) across Britain <ok>

3. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

Tom carded a level-par 71 in his opening round of the Castello Masters today. He was +3 through the first 9 holes but got 4 birdies and another bogey to finish on even par. Considering he battled through illness, I would say that is pretty good!

And I agree with the above poster... I think he has got a lot of potential and could do very well!

4. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

The Cunnilungus Connoisseur Official POTY 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2023