1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tomlin Upsets Bournemouth Fans

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, May 18, 2016.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Bristol City: Lee Tomlin comments upset Bournemouth fans and cast doubt over his Premiership future
    a_stockhausen
    BRISTOL City target Lee Tomlin could be in hot water with AFC Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe for the second time this year.
    Disciplined for a Twitter rant in January after failing to break into the first team at Dean Court, the 27-year-old midfielder has again courted controversy with his comments on social media.

Watching Bournemouth's final Premier League game of the season at Old Trafford on TV last night, Tomlin took to Twitter to praise Manchester United's opening goal, scored by Wayne Rooney.

"What a team goal that is," tweeted Tomlin, who spent the last three month of the season on loan at Bristol City.
    What a team goal that is ⚽️ #Rooney
    — Lee Tomlin (@Leetomlin10) People always wanna make a big deal about everything well done it was a good goal deal with it
    — Lee Tomlin (@Leetomlin10)People really hated that tweet just stating what I seen on my tv apologies if caused any offence
    — Lee Tomlin (@Leetomlin10)

His comments drew criticism from Bournemouth fans and Tomlin returned to Twitter later in the evening to offer an apology. But the episode could place further strain on his relationship with Howe.

Howe is set to hold talks with Tomlin to discuss his future now that the season is finally over and City are monitoring the situation.
    Should Howe decide the former Middlesbrough man no longer has a future at Dean Court and is available for transfer, City will be among a number of clubs poised to make a move for the out-of-favour midfielder.

Tomlin annoyed Howe with his comments on Twitter back in January. Tweets appearing to be from the midfielder's account said: "A lot of speculation about my future over the past week. I don't even know what's happening myself or if I'll be allowed to leave or not.
    "For me, my dream is to play in the Premier League as long as I can but if I'm not wanted then I will leave."
    The tweets were later deleted and Tomlin was loaned to Bristol City within a few days.

City fans took the flamboyant play-maker to their hearts during a loan spell in which he scored six goals and helped the Robins pull clear of relegation trouble.
    Head coach Johnson has made no secret of his desire to recruit Tomlin on a permanent basis were the opportunity to arise, while the player himself told the Bristol Post he would rather play regularly in the Championship than remain on the side-lines in the Premier League.
    The next move is Howe's and, for now at least, Tomlin's future remains uncertain.

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-Lee-Tomlin-comments-upset/story-29288057-detail/story.html#ixzz490dDkTiS

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

The more he rattles their bars the better our chances are..

3. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

HOPEFULLY it wont rub off when or should he sign for us and he does the same should he be "rested"

4. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

That would be fantastic if we get to the stage that we could 'rest' Tomlin

5. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

REST Tomlin first name on the sheet for me.

Send him back here,no problem,we say sign Lee Tomlin.

6. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Am I missing something or are there some other tweets missing ?

From what I've read above I cant see what he's done wrong.

7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

He praised the opposition.

8. Angelicnumber16

Ah sorry, yes of course.

Social Media has a lot to answer for.... <doh>

9. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

10. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

He becoming a toon me reckons,we got no chance.

11. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Stand by for a reality check on clubs and available players

Johnson will certainly have to build a castle with cheap bricks. But then, if Leicester can win the Premiership all things are possible

12. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

If Cherries fans turn on him for that then they are very shallow.
    If someone scores a good goal then it's worthy of praise. I have admired a goal against us for example - even though disappointed to concede.

Windass's goal at Wembley was fantastic for example - despite condemning us to years of misery.

13. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

There's always some fans who can't deal with the fact that some clubs are bigger or with players moving on to higher levels.

I think the booing of players such as Baldock is a bit moronic as at the time he was moving up the divisions.

As much as I don't want Smith, Flint and Kodjia to leave, if they went to the prem and we're playing week in week out I'd be gutted to lose them but happy to see them doing well

14. Premiershiporbust IV

Premiershiporbust IV Active Member

Got to say that I agree with this. If Eddie Howe bins him out over this, he is not the football man I take him to be...

15. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

I was in The Loft when Maynard scored that awesome goal against QPR, and the reaction was interesting. Shocked, awed silence as they showed the goal again on the big screen, apart from me saying quite loudly "What a goal that was" as my mate tried to silence me for my own safety. Two yards behind me a voice rang out "Why can't we do that ?"

16. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Bournemouth released 6 players today - Tomlin was NOT one of them.

17. Angelicnumber16

Is he out of contract ? If not they'll be wanting a substantial transfer fee if he doesn't have a future there.

18. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I don't think he is (out of contract) - they only signed him last year, which was presumably at least a three year deal.

I guess we still need to wait to see if he might be a part of their plans or not, but the rumour mill would have you believe that he's moving on - probably to a bigger club than us unfortunately.

It would be interesting to see what kind of fee he'd go for - I'd imagine that Bournemouth could well be in a position of power if there are several teams after him and squeeze £5m out of someone.

19. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Not us though?

: Rooney