1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tonights Games

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Erm, you're welcome? It wasn't negative, it was realistic. Or would you have preferred something like this?

We will beat Leicester because:

a) Nigel Pearson is a rubbish manager who never should have left the greatest club in the world.

b) Leicester are pants because they aren't Hull City.

c) We are the best team in the country, bar none.

d) We have the most in form striker in the division! Way better than any of Leiecster's players.

e) HUUUULLL CITY, HULLLL CITY FC WE'RE BY FAR THE GREATEST TEAM THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN.

f) We got to an FA Cup final last season, way more than stupid Leicester did, how are they going to beat us?

g) We're above them in the table, they couldn't possibly beat us.

h) FORWARD! BRING THE BALL FORWARD! FORWARD! KICK IT FORWARD! PASS IT FORWARD! NO, DON'T KEEP POSSESSION, FORWARD!

Prediction: City 8-0 Leicester.

Next season we get into Europe and challenge for the title, easy. Allam is our saviour.

ChinaTiger likes this.
  2. StrovolosTiger

StrovolosTiger Well-Known Member

Well, personally, I prefer the second one!!! <party>

3. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

I don't give a toss about Pearson's connection with City any more. There's more to this game than a petty rivalry with our old boss. I just want City to win. I'm sick of everyone else doing us favours.

Leicester aren't a bad side. I'm really not too confident.

Hull City Die Hard likes this.
  4. Lewis92

Lewis92 Well-Known Member

This ^

5. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

I think Leicester will be tougher than some think, they seem to equal other teams but have lost games they have dominated at home how ever there must be a reason for that. When they came to the KC I got talking to a couple of Leicester fans in the pub before the game and they were going on about how well they were playing but luck had deserted them, has they said it I thought to myself watch it change against us (typical it did), the last 30 mins we over run them they had 1 shot and scored

6. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

... you can rest assured that this won't happen ... Nuge will be very lucky to start for us and the chances of him getting two goals in one game in the Prem are more remote than Mr Hat ever finding anything positive in a Leicester performance <laugh>

We played pretty well at Man City tbf ... but our achilles heel this season came back to bite us - conceding at a point in a game where we were (arguably) on top - we were frustrating them but gave the ball away needlessly whilst in an attacking position in the added time (one minute) of the first half which, of course, they countered to score from ... that's what happens when you are down at the bottom.

We gad 3 pretty good penalty shouts - the first and third were almost certainly pens (the latter we were awarded a free-kick - the ref unfortunately had not picked up on the fact that the challenge was inside the area and therefore awarded it outside) - the second one, that Mr Hat labelled a dive, was marginal - Hart comes out and dives at Kramaric's feet he gets something on the ball but his hand also catches Kramaric's ankle ... for me probably not a pen - but definitely not a dive -

Ironically this was the same ref we had for Spurs in the Cup - in that one he booked Kramaric for diving when he was taking it past Vorm - the TV replay (and every pundit) showed that it was a nailed on pen ... such is our luck ... don't even ask about the two pens that Liverpool were awarded against us at Anfield <laugh>...

Persecution complex? 'Big Team bias syndrom' ... currently I subscribe to both ... but we are where we are because we are simply not good enough across 90 minutes in all of the areas that we need to be ..... but we are not completely without hope.

We are looking more solid and we do create chances .. we've performed incredibly well at Liverpool, Arsenal, Everon and Man City since Christmas, showing we are not 'cannon fodder' - in fact we've only been beaten by a two goal margin at most so far this season ...

We've got 7 home games left and of the 'big boys' only have Chelsea at home and Spurs away ... if we were to pick up a couple of back to back wins (not easy I'll admit) then we could just make the run-in very interesting ...

We simply HAVE to beat you (no disrespect) if we are to have any chance of escaping - not just for the 3 points at stake but to start the momentum that we deserately need - other than that game I hope you go on to survive ...

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  7. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Fosse, you've played well and lost for almost all of your games if what've read is true.

Guaranteed your lucks gotta change, and we are that side to help you with that!

Im still looking forward to the game, but knowing us I expect to leave your ground having lost, but we'll go and beat Chelsea in the next game.

That's just how we roll.

8. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Fosse - the one i labelled a dive, I actually missed the first half but I saw the slow motion replay at half time. Definitely contact as you say, although definitely not a penalty as hart got the ball. I labelled it a dive, due to Kramaric's pathetic delayed reaction feigning injury and suddenly twisting and writhing in mid air trying hopelessly to win a pen and get Hart sent off.

It was more play acting in fairness. But it was comical slowed down from the behind the goal camera.

9. StrovolosTiger

StrovolosTiger Well-Known Member

Yes, that Big Team Syndrome can be annoying, Fossie, you're going to have to work your socks off to overcome it when we visit The Crisp Bowl! :emoticon-0136-giggl

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  10. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Nigel Pearson's a grade A ****, shame on your attempts to forget that facl

11. Hank Scorpio

We wouldn't be in the position we're in without him- Brady, Chester, Koren, Fryatt. Some of his players who helped us immensley.

Not saying Bruce did nothing before you start crying.

Brucebones likes this.
  12. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Fryatt made bugger all contribution to our current standing, Brady was signed by Bruce.

You could say we wouldn't be in the position were in without any player, manager or chairman, past or present. Nigel Pearson deserves as much credit as Phil Parkinson.

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  13. Hank Scorpio

Right Fryatt did nothing at all then? So who scored a lot of our goals to get us to the cup final last year then?

Brady was resigned by Bruce because of his season on loan at City before.

Like Parkinson? Get to ****! City had a reasonable record under Pearson. Parky lost the players as soon as he walked in the dressing rooms according to Ash.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  14. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

I've never denied that he didn't do a decent job in halting our demise and laying some solid foundations, however if he'd stayed we may well have been in the position that his current club is in.

Pretty good move on our part that he desperately wanted to get back to 'the people that he cared about'.

15. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

Do you ever tell people you are going to make them eat spiderwebs?

16. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Yes. A whole load of them. Because how hard is it to poach a god damn egg?

17. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

0 - 0 so far Qpr v Spurs.

in the champtionship Ipswich strike first @ home to Brentford.

Same also with Wolves 1-0 up @ home to Watford now.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015