1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tony Hibbert

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Justovertheline, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

So as he wasnt offered a new deal he decides to cry to the press for his last pay day....

Quite frankly he wasnt worth the last contract he had IMO...

Overall great servant over the years but hardly played the last 4 seasons and is pissed off as he's been binned even though he is still using club facilities to get over yet another latest injury class that Tony...

2. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Cry arsing to the press about not getting a new contract after playing how many games during his last one?

**** off Putin

Justovertheline likes this.
  3. Libby

Libby 9-0

From what I read he wasn't crying about not getting a new contract but more the fact he found out via the club website and never heard from any senior management?

If that is the case then it's a pretty poor way to treat a long standing servant no?

Happy to be corrected if that isn't the case though.

4. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

He was 35, had played 6 league games in 3 seasons, what was he expecting like?

He should have never been given an extension by Martinez, and what was stopping him or his agent asking the question come May?

Ok the club should have maybe called him in to tell him, but we were managerless at the time and it was a given anyway.

The club has made a very average player a multi millionaire and for him to come out and slate the place is twatish. He's also still training there btw.

5. Libby

Libby 9-0

Fair enough, I wasn't really questioning the fact he wasn't given one, was suprised he got his last extension.

Didn't he know he was still training there either... can't be that pissed off.

6. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

what was he expecting like?

........perhaps respect.......?

7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Boo Hoo

£30k a week for the last 3 years whilst playing 7 league games.....he deserved bags loads of respect for that.

The docile **** knew he wasn't getting a new deal, quite why he's felt the need to stick the boot in is beyond me.

Schrodinger's Cat likes this.
  8. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

9. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Would it have happened like this with Bill in charge, or do you think he may just have been called into the office on the last day of last season and told his contract would not be renewed this summer "thanks for all your efforts"

10. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Bill's still the Chairman, his role is unaltered in that respect.

He should have been told formally, but seriously, as if he didn't know given his contribution for years ffs.
    It's also his agents job to ask the question before his current deal expired....

He's just been a tit.

11. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't think that you're being fair Tobes, especially as it appears to have happened to Osman, too.
    I read a story last month about a Grimsby player in a similar situation and he was told to his face by the manager.
    Two academy products that played nearly 800 games for your club should be given that much, at least.

Should Hibbert have gone to the press? Probably not.
    He must have had an idea what was happening and he should respect the fans enough to avoid this sort of crap.
    I can understand why he'd want to vent though, to be fair.

I thought Everton were better than this, honestly. It's quite unprofessional and disrespectful.
    Maintaining a good relationship with ex-players should be pretty easy, especially those who spent so long at the club.
    I guess it's just the way that football's going, unfortunately.

Saints_Alive likes this.
  12. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

They soon forget football fans, don't they?....15 years service at one club and over 250 appearances, he should be getting a testimonial.

13. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hibbert had one in 2012 and Osman had one in 2014.
    Seems to be a very rare thing nowdays, especially in the Premier League.

Saints_Alive likes this.
  14. Schrodinger's Cat

Schrodinger's Cat Well-Known Member

Remarkably, I find I'm in complete agreement with Tobes on this one :emoticon-0100-smile...could possibly have been handled better by the club but I don't really see what Hibbert has to complain about other than having a **** agent who should have got this info formally for his client months ago. I can't actually believe that he thought he was due a new contract for the contribution he made (or didn't)over the last few season!
    Crying to the press is just a pretty tragic attempt at sympathy from an over the hill multi millionaire footballer, and the only reason he couldn't have known that he was going to be looking for a new job lower down the leagues is if his agent has been blowing smoke up his ass telling him there was an extension on the way which is hardly the clubs fault.

Justovertheline and Peter Saxton like this.
  15. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Is right mate.

16. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

New owner,no manager at the time it's not ideal....As yet Pienaar or Osman haven't mouthed off the club in the press either