1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tony Pulis for Derby?

Discussion in 'Derby County' started by Moelfre, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Moelfre

Moelfre Member

I could not believe the news that Nigel Clough had been sacked. I have always thought of him as a level headed chap and was born into football. Why therefore was he dismissed?

It is said that Tony Pulis is the favourite to take the job. All I can say about Mr Pulis is that he somehow ground out results during his time at Stoke which gained us promotion, were finalists in the FA Cup and played in the Europa league. If it is entertaining football you want to see, forget it. Stoke are 20% down on season ticket sales because of the years of dross that we have been watching during the Pulis reign. We played Manchester City a couple of weeks ago and all we could manage was a 25,000 crowd. 2,500 down on last season. It`s going to take Mark Hughes a long time to get the supporters back. We are all hopeful that he will do so eventually, but it`s going to take time to repair the damage Pulis did. Good luck Derby supporters. I personally think that you would have been better with Mr Clough.

2. StoneRosesRam

StoneRosesRam Member

His traditional style of football does not suit the current squad who have been drilled to pass it on the floor and play fluent football, it is a disaster waiting to happen. The board have given Clough very little in comparison to other championship sides (like our neighbours Forest and Leicester) and he has kept us stable after Billy Davies and Paul Jewell sent the wage bill to tipping point from 2006-08 and this is how he gets treated.

Getting Pulis in would be like when we got Davies in, short term it may get results but in the long term it could have a damaging effect on the club.

3. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

4. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

strange choice of manager...what can this failed manager do that clough couldn't...

5. asus

asus Member

Pulis barclays premier league manager of the year