1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Top five 17-year-olds, based on stats, playing in Europe right now

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Feb 21, 2017.

1. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

It's a familiar story when the club has fallen out with the local media and some expect them to be the ones building bridges. I can imagine someone at the top of Radio Humberside's ivory tower saying **** them the bunch of ****s.

2. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

I'd like to know how the Under 25's are doing ? How is Ryan Mason doing or any of the other long term injuries ? I'd like to hear some sort of build up to this friendly on Monday, who will be playing, a bit of debate maybe, something about the game being televised live all over one of the biggest continents in the World and what it might mean to City as a club, what's happening in the Burnley camp ? How are ticket sales going, will it be another KC sell out ? and so on......all off the top of my head whilst I'm at work.
    Not rocket science is it ?

3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

That's what Sportstalk is for, none of those things could be described as breaking news and they won't have a clue how ticket sales are going, unless the club tweets it, as no bugger at the club will tell them anything.

4. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Last night Mike White who had Graham Alexander in the studio for the entire show, did say they were trying to get Marco Silva on, will be interesting to see if that happens.

5. Tickton Tiger.

I know what sportstalk is supposed to be for. I tuned in recently when Karl Boyeston was the guest, FL referee from Hull and within seconds of his introduction it was all about his support of Hull Fc and rugby league in general. I don't recall a question about football from the presenter.
    I wouldn't describe a RL player wanting to win silverware as breaking news either but that was the lead 'story' this morning on RH.
    If they wanted too they could find out how ticket sales are going by ringing up. How often do we hear that a forthcoming match at the KC or Craven Park is expected to 'break through' the so and so barrier, days and sometimes weeks before a game ? They do that to promote the fixture and create interest in the match, as you well know.
    In my view I don't think that Hull City get a decent crack of the whip in the RH sports bulletins during the week compared to the other clubs. End of.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  6. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

It's strange you get Scunny & Grimsby fans coming on saying they don't get enough coverage and that it is mostly City, and you get Hull FC and Rovers fans saying the same. To be fair RH go for usually what current story that is prominent at that particular time, unless it ****ing Gwilym who only spouts on about rugby.

7. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Exactly, it's bollocks, every club's fans claim they get less coverage than the others and it simply isn't true (at least with regard to City).

Though as you say, it's true that there's more rugby than football when that talentless twat Lloyd is on.

8. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

That donnormeatnchips looks about 40

9. Qatartiger Cambridgetiger

Qatartiger Cambridgetiger Well-Known Member

Yes

10. Tickton Tiger.

Its not bollocks at all. On a daily basis City hardly get a mention in the mid week sports bulletins. That is the truth and not bollocks. Make a mental note and judge for yourselves.

11. Qatartiger Cambridgetiger

Qatartiger Cambridgetiger Well-Known Member

I think it was because Mark Sneyd (Hull FC)signed a new contract which made it breaking news.

12. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I have RH on in my office all day every day, when there's some City news, it makes the news bulletins, when there isn't, it doesn't.

I can't believe people get so worked up over this ****.

13. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

I did wonder who this new fellow Dick Lexic might be. I think I've got my answer. Once a month, as regular as the full moon, this silly accusation is levelled at RH. It's quite comforting really

originallambrettaman likes this.
  14. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

If you listen to Burnsy's program in a morning he more or less apologises for mentioning City as he gets dogs abuse from listeners that are fed up of hearing about football. I like you would prefer to hear more about City, but like OLM I don't think over time it is disproportionate coverage, bearing in mind that the Allams have more or less black listed them, and they get very little info from the club.

15. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Ironically, the lead story on RH sports bulletins is now the fact that we haven't received a bid for Hernandez.

16. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

So you like Tymon now you've started this thread then? I remember earlier this season you didn't want him in the team.

17. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh>:emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0165-muscl

18. Tickton Tiger.

When they could have just as easily have led with the story about Tymon.
    Also underlining my point that RH don't have to be on the phone to City every time they want something about City for the sports bulletins.

19. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

You've been on this all day fella. Sad but true.

20. Tickton Tiger.

It's not the time spent fella it's the point I made which stands.

Chazz Rheinhold likes this.