1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Top gear

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Commachio, May 30, 2016.

1. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

It's the new Sky kit, more and better and 4K UHD and all sorts of stuff I don't understand, but it was free and it's making me look forward to next season.

2. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

It was awful, felt completely forced to me.

Evans is by far the weakest part of it, he just doesn't fit right at all.

3. 13thtop

13thtop Active Member

That was piss poor, Evans shouting and screaming, pants season, oh no he wasn't.

Those three past tense carried the show, they bounced of each other.

More than ok with exotic cars, or crazy challenges, wouldn't watch if it was everyday cars.

For me it's a car programme but more about humour, these presenters will not deliver

4. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

I can't understand anyone who actually thought Clarkson was entertaining...He is an arrogant, ignorant, sexist, Thatcherite bigot..I would rather get strung up by my nuts using barbed wire than watch him on TV...I'm not particularly stuck on Evans either, but he is infinitely more watchable than Clarkson..

5. 13thtop

13thtop Active Member

Guess you not a fan then, Evans was garbage imo

6. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Top Gear has always been **** but somehow sells well.
    Like the Sun paper.

MrRAWhite and QWOP like this.
  7. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Wheeler dealers, and the American restoration ones plus the bloke with the tash who goes to auctions are better programmes.

TEL likes this.
  8. Blind Corner

Blind Corner Active Member

I think that Clarkson was a breath of fresh air, none of this PC **** and his books are great reading.
    As for Chris Evans, how could anyone ever get sick of punching him.

salad fingers and TEL like this.
  9. crumble bungle

crumble bungle Well-Known Member

I didn't rate it much, Evans was trying to be Clarkson and failed miserably.
    It might grow on me as this was the first one so i will give it another couple of goes, if it stays as is then it will be a turn over for me, wifey enjoyed it though.
    Agree with another poster where they should review a normal car for once in a section of the program.

10. Tel (they/them)

The magazine still does a lot of 'normal car' reviews, with all the stats and figures you'll need to make an educated decision on whether you'd wanna buy one. The program has just been strictly for entertainment for the past 10 or so years though and it was a whale of a show before it got revamped. It'll just die with that ginger idiot pretending to be Clarkson.

The new show with Clarkson, Hammond and May will be even better than Top Gear, I've no doubt about it, their budget will be twice the size and there'll be no PC bullshit dictating the show.

11. Washysafc

Washysafc Well-Known Member

Was not the greatest fan of the old show but this new one was dull. I think they should have changed the whole show not just replaced the presenters. Anybody replacing the three amigo's in their format was always going to be on a hiding to nothing

12. MrRAWhite

I take it you get your news from The Sun and The Daily Mail then? He is an ignorant, sexist, racist bigot. only matched in this by the equally twattish Kate Hopkins.

13. Tel (they/them)

Now now mate, everybody's allowed an opinion without being pigeon holed as a Sun reader.

I don't read any newspapers and I like Clarkson, it says nothing about me as person. <ok>

14. MrRAWhite

Including moi?

15. Tel (they/them)

I knew you'd say that, taken out of context to suit your little riposte <ok>

Read the whole sentence.

16. MrRAWhite

Nope...I can't stand Clarkson and argue my point. Other people do like Clarkson and argue their points..If we all thought the same it would be a boring board.. Some of my comments are designed to create an edge to the debate, but that's just the way I am..

17. Tel (they/them)

Nope what?

All you've done there is create something you think I've said and used that to replace what I actually said.

I've not tried to even suggest you shouldn't voice your opinion, all I've said is don't put somebody in a box because what they believe doesn't fall into line with what you do. People are entitled to like something that you hate without the assumption that they educate themselves using **** rags.

18. MrRAWhite

Clarkson is a right wing bigot who expresses the bigoted right wing views that are widely portrayed in media outlets such as The Sun and The Daily Mail. If you to like and support these views it is your prerogative, but I will always fight my corner against them.

19. Blind Corner

Blind Corner Active Member

No I read the Telegraph actually, and I know how to make my own mind up and I'll say it again, I have no problem with Clarkson , in fact I find him quite entertaining .
    If this doesn't come up to your standards then tough ****.

salad fingers, MrRAWhite and TEL like this.
  20. Tel (they/them)

Well, now I don't know where you're going, you've just seemingly blown your lid and started waffling about random crap now...

All I said was don't tell the guy he reads the Sun or Mail just because he likes Clarkson, I don't give a flying **** why you don't like him, but don't pigeon hole anybody who opposes your view. Easy innit.