1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Top Of The Table Chairboys v Cobblers October 3rd

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

It's two game in a week at Adams Park for the top of the table Chairboys, who welcome the Cobblers to Adams Park for what is likely to be a fiesty affair, with all the the theatrics you expect from a team managed by a certain Chris Wilder, all I can say is I hope the man in black is up to it or the game may well turn into a farce and is unlikely to end with 22 players on the pitch.
    The well documented small Chairboys squad will be tested again, with the ever improving Michael Harriman a big doubt, having been replaced on Tuesday with a groin strain, so Danny Rowe is likely to start and we are all hoping Sam Wood and Captain Paul Hayes will be back to play some part.
    Some of you may be aware I missed Tuesdays game as my wife had got Squeeze tickets for our anniversary and the warm up act was Dr John Cooper Clark I don't know what he is a doctor of but I would guess it was Tourette's.
    Is John Cooper Clark really a poet, or just some Manc who thinks he knows it
    The motor home I need to drive, I still don't know if it's dead or alive
    I hope it's covered under the guarantee, because I'm not paying a fecking fee
    As I'm the bloke, who thinks it's no joke, I'm the burke, who's having to work
    I am hoping I can leave, if I get some reprieve, and off to AP if I'm able, 5pm still top of the table.
    COYB<ok>

2. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

Your a poet and you know it.
    COYB

3. Guywanderer

1-0 onion

4. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Great start,first goal for O'Nein. <party>

5. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

What a start.

6. Guywanderer

7. Guywanderer

1-2 what's Thompson doing at right back

8. Guywanderer

Ffs 1-3

9. mowgli1960

Looks like our injury problems are catching up with us. Bean's booking means he'll miss tuesday which is no bad thing as he'll be able to play next saturday.

10. Guywanderer

2-3 Rowe

11. mowgli1960

Bollocks! <steam>

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Exactly

13. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

We really dont handle being top fo the table well at all!! It seems that whenever we get to the top in whatever season we seem to bottle it

14. Guywanderer

We started well enough and took the lead inside 2 mins and could have had a couple more but the Cobblers had more posession and it payed off with a well taken free kick and all in all a even first half but the writing was on the wall, as Thomo was being forced into playing deeper and deeper as we were out-numbered in midfield. During the interval our subs conspicuous by their absence as not one of them were out warming up, I think they were having a half time nap with the rest of the team as they were all asleep for the start of the second half and we were quickly 3-1 down with some very poor defending Pierre was having a game to forget why oh why it took another ten minutes before we made changes I don't know but when we did match them up in midfield we then dominated posession and in the end were a little unlucky not to have come away with a point. On the plus side of the game was O'Nien first goal Sammy Wood come back from injury and Marcus Bean's 5th yellow of the season which will mean he misses the JPT game on Tuesday.

15. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I insist you change the title of this thread immediately:steam:

Tell you what, I'd rather not be top at this stage because it is beginning to look like manager of the month, a complete poisoned challace. Must be catching at the moment because Pompey could not score against Yeovil, you lot couldn't beat a load of coblers and although we did get the result we didn't half make it hard for ourselves despite dominating the game throughout and in the end only just got it. To be totally honest I thought Pompey would climb away from everyone else this season. They still seem to be under performing for some weird reason. They have the support, they have the budget and they should have the players. Not sure their support will be very forgiving this time if they don't make it. It must be a first in supporters being glad of the JPT. We have a couple of suspensions to get rid of and Tuesday will do nicely thank you.

Don't know if you've done Crawley yet this season but they are a truely awful side. Whinge, dive about, fall down and stay there clutching some part of their anatomy and generally waste as much time as possible. Even without that lovely Mr Evans in charge they haven't seemed to change.

16. Guywanderer

17. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

I went to the Crawley game at their place awful game of football