1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by chelsea - over 100 years of history, May 30, 2013.

1. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I would prefer Batters playing for Bilic.
    Bilic is a class act. Has got best out of many players and even gave fair chance to Haha.

Batters can only get better, especially with Spammers having no strikers except Caroll.

2. DferPolarBear

DferPolarBear Well-Known Member

My belief is that Bamford at 23 won't be making any stellar improvements. He seems to have gained some strength but I do not think he'll be a true Premiership striker. I do not think we've denied a young player a chance with this one. I feel Chelsea have watched him closely, given him some great loans and come to the same conclusion as me. He may yet prove everyone wrong, but at his age he had to be contending to replace Michy or Remy(on loan too) to have had a future at Chelsea. I didn't see that, nor did Chelsea.

3. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Oscar, Mikel, Bamford (loanee I know) all sold this Jan and no movement in. Surprising or just the reality that it's hard to improve your squad in Jan?

Just a little worried we are 1 or 2 injuries away from some trouble. Not sure we can rely on the fringe players who aren't getting hardly any game time. Could we burn out?

4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I expect at least one midfield signing before the end of January.

5. chelsea - over 100 years of history

It's all very quiet though. I'm sure enquiries are being made but very hard to improve on what we've got; even more so mid season.

6. DferPolarBear

DferPolarBear Well-Known Member

I saw in The Sun we're in talks with Middlesbrough to sign this Bamford guy.

7. The Ginger Marks

Not too surprised but as you say buying in January isn't great but I think our squad is deep enough to see this campaign out.

8. The Ginger Marks

Spanish media revealed the release clause of Atletico Madrid striker Antoine Griezmann: theColchoneros won’t let him go for less than £ 95m ( € 110m).

Griezmann has been targeted both by Chelsea and Manchester United: the Blues will face a problem in their attack if Diego Costa will leave in the summer, while the Red Devils have been keen on the ex Real Sociedad forward for a while and already approached him in the past months to try to bring at Old Trafford next season.

There's no way Griezman can do a Costa job at Chelsea and at £95 mil he's 35-40 mil overpriced.

9. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Agree with this. He's way overpriced.

10. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I also agree.
    Would rather pay Everton £65m to get Lukaku back if we are going to do that.

11. The Ginger Marks

Not a bad call but he's only worth £40m

12. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Again, I agree, but there is no chance Everton are going to let him go for that.
    All players seem to go for £10-20m more than they are worth these days.
    (Or £50m more in the case of Pogba).

13. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

you had to rub Pogba in? <laugh>

agreed, getting replacements is impossible in Jan.

Rakitic was available first week of Jan. Not sure why none moved for him.
    Will improve our squad immensely.
    Now Busquets injury might lock Rakitic down.

14. The Ginger Marks

15. The Ginger Marks

Chelsea are lining up an audacious move to land Middlesbrough midfielder Adama Traore to Stamford Bridge in January, according to reports in England.

The London Evening Standard claimed that Antonio Conte made an enquiry over the availability of the 20-year-old, despite Boro’s manager Aitor Karanka recently told journalists the Spaniard won’t leave his current side this season.

The former Barcelona youngster played 15 Premier League games so far.

16. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Interesting one that kid Adama Traore. Thought he was French, didn't know he was Spanish.

Has huge potential and hard working. He will impress in better attacking team like us than Boro, certainly.

Won't mind if it is a sensible bid. We are light weight in the wingers now - Hazard, Willian & Pedro only available for 2 starting spots.

17. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Went to google him, and there are like 7 footballers in European leagues all called Adama Traore!!
    Theres one at Basel, one at Monaco, one at Boro, one in the French 3rd division at Calais.
    Its nuts!

18. The Ginger Marks

Let's hope we don't do a Jose and buy the wrong one. <laugh>

19. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I had the same with Mousa Demebele as well, theres like 12 of them in European leagues.

If you want your son to grow up to be a rich footballer, call him Moussa Dembele

#guaranteedsuccess

20. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Ray Wilkins who trained Traore at Villa didn't think we should sign him and thinks we have better youth players already.

Griezmann at 95 million or whatever is crazy money but United/Jose will spend it no question. We wont. But Griezzman is better than Pogba so it's going to be a sum in that area for a cash deal.

Perhaps if we did a Costa plus cash deal then that may give us the chance of a semi-sensible deal and a deal to keep all parties happy.

Definitely not interested in Lukaku at all; especially for anything much above what we sold him for.