1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer window thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Nov 22, 2016.

1. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Like Cherry I don't want to see Nasser go. After Cherry and Luongo I don't think we have a more skilled player in the Club. He is good to have coming on late.

2. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

I thought Gladwin was the worst player on the pitch last Saturday against Blackburn. And the best was Ese, who only lasted 13 minutes....

3. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

Great news, now at last we can get some decent crosses into our BFG....

4. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

<yikes>

KentGaz likes this.
  5. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Regarding Polter, have we really just sold somebody at a profit? That doesn't happen very often. £3m is good business for a player of his ability.

Regarding El Khayati - get rid asap. Was never good enough in the first place and with the exception of the very odd good goal, has done very little here.

Regarding Gladwin - see El Khayati above except he doesn't score the odd goal.

Regarding Sandro - about bloody time too.

6. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

So far so good!

Sudbury Hoop likes this.
  7. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

I don't have any issue with those going out with the possible exception of Polter, but who are we looking to bring in? Lua Lua? That's improving the quality of the squad is it?

8. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

I think it's a shame that BFG has gone. It would be interesting to know what was the chicken and what was the egg in his case. His injuries, or 'injuries' if you prefer, started fairly early on in the season when he seemed to be replaced as first choice by Washington based on exactly what I haven't got a clue. It is not coincidence in my view that we started to slide down the table once he was limited to the role of a sub to be brought on to rescue the game or actually pose an attacking threat. Given the way JFH set up his attacks away from home he should have started Polter with Silla. After the unlikely come back against Huddersfield (where we had been played off the park for 65 minutes) it is curious to say the least that the Polter/Silla experiment was not repeated. We'd become a team that that played the ball in the air. So play to your strengths. Sadly, Jimmy never quite got it. Whether BFG's injuries were genuine or an excuse for the fact that he'd become unsettled in London is anyone's guess but the players that JFH had brought into the first team clearly did want to play for him whereas you get the distinct impression they didn't for Holloway.

Tramore Ranger and QPR Oslo like this.
  9. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

I agree about Chery and, from your previous posts, Jimmy. However I have never really seen N El K put in a performance that led me to think he was anything more than a luxury to be brought on after the game had already been won. Much has been said, mostly in disparaging terms about players who work hard and bust a gut for the team although they may not be that skilled. Chery did try but Nasser didn't. And that for someone who does have a bit of skill and flair about him is inexcusable to me. He didn't cost much but he really is not cut out for the Championship or any League in fact where opponents are not going to stand off him and applaud

10. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

As a result El Khayati has become increasingly frustrated over his lack of opportunities at Loftus Road, and is likely to head out of the Loftus Road exit door with two of his close allies, Sebastian Polter and Tjaronn Chery, already securing moves to Germany and China respectively, pending confirmation.

I wonder if there is anything to be read into that wording. 'Close allies' suggests a dressing-room clique.

11. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

It's QPR, most teams look to keep their best players & strengthen whereas we go for mass clear outs & go for bargain basement replacements:emoticon-0101-sadsm

ELLERS, Didley Squat and QPR Oslo like this.
  12. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

For me Nasser hadn't shown enough to be starting games or wasn't for whatever reason given the chances to start as Washington for instance has been given. But usually when he came on late losing or drawing, he provided both skill and some variety from our earlier attacking play, and was often a threat with the occasional goal and great ball in.

13. Hoops Eternal

Nasser unfortunately has never looked more than a league one player.

GoldhawkRoad and finglasqpr like this.
  14. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Worrying rumour about Frasier Campbell in coming on loan....oh dear

15. Hoops Eternal

No worse than Lua Lua I suspect.

16. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Because we are skint Ellers! It's those two other managers spunked our money & gullible chairman!

17. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

We can't be that broke, we still have more managers / management, than players.
    This window will show us how serious we are about moving forward in the Championship or whether we are just trying to hold on and wing it.

18. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

I don't see Nasser as being any worse than Washington who has been utterly ineffectual for us. I'd have been happier seeing a recovery of the apparent £3m odd we paid for Connor by shipping him out. Really sad to see the way it has panned out for Chery and Polter too.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  19. N22hoop

N22hoop Well-Known Member

Whatever the mysterious FFP judgement against us says, it's clear we're only spending what we can generate from transfers. Whether that's due to FFP or Tony and co. have pulled the plug, time will tell.

Didley Squat likes this.
  20. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I don't think that is correct Jeff. Only recently Dave Mc said our owners were loaded beyond belief. However, I can agree with part of what you are saying in that our owners are probably not wasting any more money on QPR.

So from what we have read Poulter £3M Chery £4M and 80K AW for Sandro. The proof will be in the pudding. If our owners won't reinvest that money then something is wrong.

NorwayRanger and BlindFaith like this.