1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer window thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Thanks Norway.
    Seems like Holloway rates him and wants him to stay??

2. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Not sure I read it quite the same way...
    Reads he cannot get rid off...injured...but also he can't use him ...injured...so he cannot release money to buy...so he has to loan

So he needs another CB

3. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

QPR could look to sign Freeman on pre-contract agreement
    By David McIntyre 12/01/2017

QPR could look to sign Luke Freeman on a pre-contract agreement if they are unable to agree a fee with Bristol City this month.

Rangers are considering their options after having a bid for the 24-year-old winger rejected.

As well as making City another offer, those options include seeking to secure the signing of Freeman for the end of the season, when his contract at Ashton Gate expires.

City, who signed Freeman from Stevenage in 2014, have offered him a new deal and have indicated that they are unwilling to sell, even though he is in the final months of his contract.

Freeman has made 105 league appearances for the Robins and has scored 10 goals, with two of them coming this season.

He started his career at Gillingham and was snapped up by Arsenal in 2008, but did not make a first-team appearance for the Gunners before leaving to join Stevenage four years later.

EscapeGoat likes this.
  4. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

You are probably right Beth. Such a pity as I thought Caulker started with great enthusiasm in August. Distant memory now but you never know...!

5. Jammers

Jammers Active Member

I didn't read it like this at all...very much sounds like he wants him back and playing in the team imo. Having to get someone on loan in the interim.

NorwayRanger and QPR Oslo like this.
  6. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Exactly.

7. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Obviously keen on this chap and clearly we need him for Ian Holloway's Blue and White Army (of wingers).

8. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Diego Costa dropped by Chelsea for Leicester game after offer from Chinese Super League club

Should we match the Chinese offer?

9. QPR Oslo

Where are you Mr Mittal?

10. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Freeman left out of Bristol city squad today & not even on bench, could he becoming to us?

sb_73 likes this.

11. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

The Bristol City manager Lee Johnson said this in his post match interview ...

12. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

Bristol City boss hints Freeman could be off to QPR
    By West London Sport 14/01/2017

Bristol City boss Lee Johnson confirmed after leaving Luke Freeman out against Cardiff that the decision was taken because of doubts over the player’s future.

West London Sport recently revealed that QPR had made a move for the 24-year-old winger, whose Robins contract expires at the end of the season.

That offer was rejected and City have offered him a new deal, leaving Rangers to consider their options.

One of those options is to try to sign Freeman on a pre-contract agreement for the end of the season, as City have indicated that they do want to sell.

However, Johnson appeared to suggest after his team’s 3-2 home defeat against Cardiff that Freeman’s time at Ashton Gate could be up unless he agrees to sign a contract extension – and that a decision needs to be made soon.

Johnson told his club’s website that Freeman’s omission “had everything to do with the contract situation.”

He added: “The objective remains that we want Luke to stay and sign the contract, but there always comes a tipping point.

“Luke has two good clubs interested in him. One is closer to home; the other is one where he has made his name, improving year on year and where he is loved by the staff, players and fans.

“The contract remains there for him to sign but he hasn’t yet. In a derby I just felt that I couldn’t risk having anyone out there who may not have been committed.

“I’m not for one minute saying that Luke is not committed, but there’s clearly a lot going through his mind at the moment.

“We still live in hope that he’ll sign the contract but we can’t leave that on the table forever. We have to do what’s right for Bristol City first and foremost.

”He has to make a decision and do that reasonably quickly.”
    http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/bristol-city-boss-hints-freeman-off-qpr

finglasqpr likes this.
  13. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Yes, really time for Freeman to **** or get off the pot.

14. QPR Oslo

We have had a £1.2 million bid for Danny Ward rejected by Rotherham according to WLS.

15. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

He's contracted to Bristol City until the end of the season. It's up to them to decide if they want to accept our offer now, or have him walk away in the summer.

16. KentGaz

KentGaz Well-Known Member

From SSN

QPR CHASE DUO

QPR have had a £1.3m bid rejected by Rotherham for striker Danny Ward. Ward has scored nine League goals in 25 starts for the struggling Championship side this season.

QPR have also re-started talks with Bristol City over midfielder Luke Freeman. A £250,000 bid has already been rejected. Freeman was not in the squad for Saturday's 3-2 defeat against Cardiff City.

17. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

A Robins-supporting acquaintance of mine suggested to me that Freeman mostly runs about like a headless chicken, so he would be right at home with us.

18. EscapeGoat

EscapeGoat Well-Known Member

Both Ward and especially Freeman would be solid signings.

Ward gave us some real problems up at their place with his physicality and his left foot.

Freeman will provide some substance along with his work rate.

19. Belfasthoop

Belfasthoop Well-Known Member

20. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

This is a bit worrying. We need at least 2 strikers now that Polter has gone. I'd love Sylla and two other competent strikers to be fighting for their places. Healthy competition.