Transfers 2017

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious, Nov 29, 2016.

1. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

I guess that Ceballos leaving or staying will hinge on Reeves joining. A poster on CL claims that Ceballos will sign for STVV today. He says that it is from a reliable source.

2. DickPlumb

This is from CL.

On the STVV forum they are pretty certain Ceballos will sign today.

3. chaperonek9

chaperonek9 Member

Jed Steer, gk. from Villa likely to come on loan to us.....?

4. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Forum Moderator

Sounds about right. Those odds of 12/1 for us to go up are getting shorter by the day.

5. DickPlumb

I reckon we have been given a bum steer there. This signing doesn't show any direction. I will get my coat.

6. ken shabby

ken shabby Well-Known Member

If you have a player performing well in pre season, why offload them. Unless your interest was purely invested in the buying club, who pay a pittance for him. Ceballos was touted as a young hopefull. Now the investment may be about to pay off (and 4 psf's is no guarantee) he may be shuffled off to Rolands priority outfit.
    #learnfromourmistakesandmakethembigger

7. lardiman

lardiman Active Member

I've never heard of him.

Wiki says that until last season he has been out on loan since signing for Villa in 2013, and has played a handful of games for Doncaster and Yeovil. He did play about half a season for Huddersfield in 2015-16 (not their promotion season 2016-17)
    According to transfermarkt he did not play at all last season for parent Club Aston Villa (he was on the bench for 1 game, otherwise not in the squad 18), and he has been sidelined due to a ruptured Achilles tendon since November 2016.

He is now looking to 'rebuild his career' possibly at Charlton, according to Kent Live.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 8:13 PM
  8. ken shabby

Well that sounds effing magic. A player with a dozen games under his belt in two years, plus an achilles injury. Has he got any mates who play?

9. Miketyson2007Junior

Miketyson2007Junior Active Member

Steer is as good a keeper as Rudd, I'd rather we played Phillips as first choice though.

10. DickPlumb

From London News Online.

please log in to view this image

Photo: Keith Gillard
    Cristian Ceballos could be on the move out of Charlton again this week – with a return to Sint-Truiden on the cards.

The former Tottenham attacker spent the entire 2016-17 campaign with the Belgian club, who are also under the control of Addicks owner Roland Duchatelet.

Sint-Truiden confirmed the signing of Jorge Teixeira over the weekend on a three-year deal.

It is not clear yet whether Ceballos would make a temporary or permanent exit from Charlton.

He was signed on a free transfer after being released by Tottenham in July 2015 but has made just seven appearances for the Addicks.

11. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Forum Moderator

Been linked with Josh Wright. I'm not adverse to the move - but think we need a more creative central midfielder if I was to nit pick.

12. DickPlumb

I don't rate Josh Wright. I don't like him or his Family.

13. lardiman

lardiman Active Member

Josh Wright has just had the best season of his career at Gillingham, and was voted their POTY.

He scored 13 goals in 2016-17 according to transfermarkt (including 3 penalties in one match), though he has not scored more than 2 goals in any other season since his senior career began at Charlton in 2008.
    His Championship years at Scunthorpe were unremarkable and during his time in the second tier with Millwall he was rarely in the squad 18, let alone on the pitch.
    Wright was a regular in League One for Leyton Orient (until they were relegated) and then for Gillingham.

13 goals for a Club that barely escaped the drop is a decent tally, and any player who gets a POTY award is doing something right.
    But if Charlton set the standard for lower mid-table mediocrity in League One last season, Gillingham flew the flag for floundering on the very brink of relegation - winning 12 games out of 46 but only 9 out of 41 (and losing 19 of those) from September onwards, after a bright start to the season.
    They stayed up by one point and a +5 goal difference.
    Safe to say that but for Wright's contribution, Gillingham would be in League Two this season. Given the apparent form of his team-mates, Wright's POTY status was unlikely to have ever been in doubt.

Josh Wright is a typical lower league footballer currently in his prime (27 years old) and according to the stats, in the best form of his career last season.
    Can he do a job for Charlton? Probably.

Can he make the difference that will mean automatic promotion for the Addicks this season?
    There is nothing in his record to suggest a leap forward of that magnitude. Sorry, but for me he just would not bring anything special enough to the team.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017 at 9:02 PM
  14. lardiman

lardiman Active Member

On 22nd July 2016 Andrew Crofts signed for Charlton on a 1 year contract.

As far as I know he has not signed a new contract or an extension. (I searched the CAFC website and the net but found no reference to an updated deal)
    The 33 year old midfielder's current contract runs out at the weekend.
    Does anybody have any information about his future status?

15. Crack Addick

Crack Addick Active Member

He triggered a one year extension at the end if the season based on his appearances, same as Jacko.

lardiman likes this.
  16. ken shabby

Crofts and Sarr getting good reviews after the Dover game last night. We'll be meeting better teams than Dover, but these two plus Ceballos are staking a claim that others are not yet doing. Could we be seeing the rise of the more derided playees?

17. DickPlumb

Not Ceballos I am afraid Ken, He is off.

Richard Cawley @RichCawleySLP

Christian Ceballos to sign a permanent deal with Sint Truiden today.

18. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

i think this is good news?

hopefully the transferring of all assets worth anything means roland is f'ing off. he did this at standard

lardiman likes this.
  19. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Forum Moderator

So we wanted 3 or 4 in and have since moved on two.

Those who are in charge of the budgets have ****ed the club up horrendously. They'd rather take a punt and pay a premium rate for one or two players to possibly improve the first team but neglect the squad. It's evident they will do little to change that over the course of two transfer windows - so IMO, any talk of promotion is redundant. It's shocking in truth.

Crack Addick likes this.
  20. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Forum Moderator

That's the hope. Wouldn't be surprised if he held off as long as possible so any new owners can't strengthen in this window.

Because he's a dick head like that.

Sat In Greenwich likes this.