1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfers and fears

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by DAPARKERSAFC, Jul 21, 2017.

1. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

And they steady Ellis's hand to sign the ****ing cheques..<laugh>

Brian Storm likes this.
  2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

yep. Grayson has a job and half.

3. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

He'd be better off going into the boardroom dressed like Glenn Campbell, might get more sense out of the ****er then..<laugh>

I have a belt I can lend him to whip the sackless **** with..<ok>

And No, I ain't a ****ing cowboy lol

Brian Storm likes this.
  4. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

****ing joke off a club. Utter shambles..

Club like Burton etc will love safc being in that league.. Big revenue from support. Chance to get on tv.

And 3 easy points.

5. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I think we'll be signing more players and spending a bit of money. I'm relaxed about it because any concerns are offset by the relief that we're finally getting our house in order. I think teams like Newcastle penny pinched by doing stuff like making players bring their own ketchup to the canteen and we're currently doing the transfer equivalent.

6. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

Bang. Out of nowhere a rumour.

We are linked with a double swoop on Bournemouth for centre back Marc Wilson and forward Lewis Grabban. Neither have been given squad numbers and look surplus to requirements.

I hope we go in low. £2m for the pair and see if we can hustle another couple of signings.

They got Defoe for nowt. They ****ing owe us!

Brian Storm and Deleted like this.
  7. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Like Nacho, I'm still relaxed at the minute.

At the same time while I'd like to say there's still plenty of time... the first game aint far off and we do need a solid start even if the window is open well after the first game.

8. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

Hope this rumour is true, the fee is low as they are only steady eddies, but I feel we will only end up with the Dutch keeper by the Derby game.
    We'll strengthen up after the season has started.

9. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

Marc Wilson would be a great signing. I'm very confident that signings will continue to trickle through the door up until the transfer window closes.

Brian Storm likes this.
  10. grimsby mackem

grimsby mackem Well-Known Member

Wouldn't say I'm particularly worried about the lack of transfers we've done so far because as has already been suggested there are typically more deals done in the last couple of weeks of the window than before the start of the season so plenty of time left to get sorted. It is a bit frustrating how quiet it's been since Vaughan and McGeady came in but the club could be working on deals that haven't got out into the media who aren't as bothered reporting on us now that we're not in the prem, so I guess that's to be taken with a pinch of salt really.

One thing that does concern me is the amount of money that's being flashed around so far this year by other clubs, it looks like we just can't compete with all that's been suggested about our financial situation and Short seeming unwilling to back the club in the transfer market. I get the feeling that we probably need to raise transfer funds from the sales of the likes of Khazri, Lens and Kone none of whom seem to be attracting much interest and we may not get as much as we'd hoped for any of them.

I can see us bringing a couple of squad fillers in during the next couple of weeks and then having to have a lot of faith in Grayson to be able to bring in some quality signings on the cheap later in the window, even if we get rid of some saleable players and bring in a few quid I can't see us spending more than £10 - 15 million in total based on the summer so far.

Deleted likes this.

11. Deleted #

I'm not saying Grayson won't pull it out of the bag for us and have us challenging for promotion, but if he does that will be down to his man management. It's not impossible that will happen.

If we are to be competitive financially, then we need new owners. It's clear as day that Short is simply recouping as much money as he can now and has other businesses which he is prioritising over our football club.

I agree about being at the point of needing to sell players to bring some in. I'd imagine he'd finance a few more of the Vaughan and McGeady type deals, but if we are to invest in a good forward and centre back, then we'll need to bring that money into the club first.

I've never been worried about not hearing rumours, we seem to be a club that's always been good at playing our cards close to our chest. I'd rather that than everything being leaked to the media.

Nads and grimsby mackem like this.
  12. grimsby mackem

grimsby mackem Well-Known Member

Agree with pretty much all that you"ve said mate. Can't see us pushing for automatic spots but with a few shrewd signings and if grayson gets a tune out of some of the current squad no reaso we can't be in the plau off picture, then its just a lottery really.

13. Deleted #

I thought straightaway it would be Villa and Middlesbrough taking them first two places. With the signings they've been making, I'm starting to think they might actually end up doing it at a canter.

I can see finishing top 10, whether or not we can squeeze into the playoffs is anybodies guess.

14. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Be good business those 2 at right price.

15. BIG BAZ

BIG BAZ Well-Known Member

Lewis grabban ffs he hasn't done nothing for years. I'll take Wilson tho.

Dorset likes this.
  16. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Grabban is pacey so happy with that. Don't know much about him apart from that.

Wilson will be comfortable at this level.

17. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

I know little about either.

18. Q

Q Well-Known Member

I'm surprised you didn't make a play for Murphy. At £2m he would have guaranteed goals.

19. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

Pleased we didnt. Far too old. Need to move away from players with zero sell value who are coming for a last big pay cheque