1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Trump vs Hillary - Who would you vote for?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Darth Tash, Oct 22, 2016.

?

Which would you vote for?

Poll closed Dec 11, 2016.
  1. Hillary

36.1%
  2. Trump

36.1%
  3. I wouldn't vote/I'd vote for someone else.

27.8%
  1. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Let's face it it's almost a given

2. Nolberto's Salsa Inferno

Nolberto's Salsa Inferno Well-Known Member

The illusion of choice.....

G4rdToonArmy and Darth Tash like this.
  3. Blacker-than-Knight

Frying pan or fire, the Americans I know are going with Trump as they reckon Hillary is far more scary politically and wants the fight with Russia, neither as we have seen is a good choice but Trump is an outsider and appeals because he hasn't been beholden to the political system, going to be very interesting to see what happens and bloody scary, it all makes European politics look very grown up which says a lot!

4. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

If Trump was to win, then God help us all.
    For him to hold the nuclear button...

He's better off just aiming for pussies.

5. Darkwing Duck

Darkwing Duck Active Member

Donald Trump was supported by the DNC through the Republican primaries as the pied piper candidate. Something the DNC did to get Obama through, knowing McCain/Romney were unlikely to trouble the charismatic Obama, only this time it may backfire as Trump has a strong cult following.

Voting for Donald Trump isn't something anybody should ever be doing but if they don't, there will be heavy clashes with Russia at best, at worst there will be war which will be devastating to say the least.

6. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

I watched a movie on the BBC IPlayer, Hyper Normalisation, I believe it's very recent, but being quite young and naïve it explains a lot of how we have reached this point in the world, the effect Ronald Regan's inability to deal with Syria's leader Assad's suicide Bombers, how trump has got into power and how politician's don't actually have any affect on anything and it's the banks that inflict austerity. I have to confess, I winced when I saw it was a 2hr40min documentary, but I watched it on my commutes, and was absolutely addicted. a great watch, thoroughly recommended, google it.

I personally would vote for Trump. Trump isn't doing it for the money, his a billionaire, he has played that game and he cant be bought, Hillary for me is more selfish, she has a poor history as a politician and I think the world would be a scarier place with her in charge. Trump is bigoted and that's not right, but I understand that when you have the amount of Mexican's and south American's coming in working for next to nothing, not paying tax and sending money home on the large scale they do, it does become a problem. Perhaps he way of communicating this isn't exactly politically correct, but it's a camera game at the moment and candidates say stupid stuff to get noticed. The leering and sexual comments are all balls, near enough every male of his generation have made comments of a similar nature with mates and behind closed doors, often its a joke and leering, what is that? what is a leer, it literally could be anything. I think it's underhanded that this kind of thing is being used by Hillary to win the election instead of winning it clean and fair.

7. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Trump is an absolute lunatic. Having him and Putin in charge of two of the worlds largest arsenals is quite off putting.

Clinton is also a slimey toad with plenty to hide.

To be honest if push came to shove I'd probably go Hilary to avoid the destruction of the world. I'd do so full in the knowledge that I'm allowing an evil woman have access to power. Seen as you have offered me a third option I'll go for that.

8. Nolberto's Salsa Inferno

Nolberto's Salsa Inferno Well-Known Member

Haven't seen this one yet but you should also check out other Doco's done by Adam Curtis..(all available on youtube and/or the BBC I player).
    Cannot recommend his stuff highly enough

Century of the Self: (v v Good)

Power of Nightmares (His best imo.. fantastic 3 part series)

Toon_Man_Sam1 likes this.
  9. Toon_Man_Sam1

I will 100% watch these.

I did find the Hyper Normalisation blamed the media for a lot of things or intimated how it was used to control our thinking, yet I'm watching a documentary on the BBC IPlayer owned by the Government and found that somewhat ironic and defeated the object, but very good nonetheless.

10. KazakhToon

KazakhToon Well-Known Member

It's got to be Hillary for me. She's been drummed up by the Republicans as some antichrist figure, but only because they've known she would be running for president since about 1997. If the Democrats had paid as much attention to Trump for the last 20 years, he would never have made it this far.

I'd also say neither of them is evil as many are suggesting. Trump's an egotistical idiot who would be incredibly easy to direct from Moscow, Hillary is an average amount of corrupt for a presidential candidate. If you want to see politicians with links to big companies, have a look at the Smartest Guys in the Room, about the Enron scandal. The Bushes were massively involved with that.

11. GeordieHalfbreed

GeordieHalfbreed Well-Known Member

I find it genuinely scary how much support Trump is getting on this thread.

The hatchet job on Hillary is less surprising - as KT points out, it's been a running theme for years, and if you only pay sporadic attention to US politics it's not surprising you'd get the impression that she's corrupt/a liar as her opponents have long been singing that tune. That being said, if you like Obama, she's the best chance of continuing the legacy he has established. Evolution rather than revolution - but that's no bad thing IMO!

Trump on the other hand is transparently populist. He's gone full-bore for a strategy to engage people who feel left out by mainstream politics, and doesn't care how racist, sexist, or downright conspiracy-peddling-batshit-crazy he sounds doing it. If I thought for a fraction of a second that this New York son-of-a-billionaire cared about those people I might have a shred of sympathy, but he's clearly doing it just because his ego means he fancies being president, and this is his best shot.

General Lee Speaking likes this.
  12. YankMag

YankMag Active Member

I was a huge Bernie supporter. I live in his home state and despite being a high earner I was willing to pay more if he was elected. The corruption in this country is much more than most know about. I see it with health insurance and prescription medication every day. People are getting scammed by big companies because they know you cannot do anything about it. Majority of Americans who like trump feel like he will fix our economy that were still mending from the Bush debacle. The problem is, they think they will make more money by paying less in taxes. Only the top 1% will receive tax cuts. The majority of his supporters will lose their tax credits or welfare. It would be devastating to the economy. Clinton I can see keeping everything the same. Taking her handouts and letting her friends make money. Atleast it's better than ww3 that trump would bring. Honestly Obama was great. He was dealt the ****tiest of ****ty hands. We still have a lot of racists in this country as well who inhibited everything he'd do. He could have tried to give away a free cure for cancer and the conservative south would have tried to stop him.

13. Toon_Man_Sam1

There is a massive difference between the personalities of Obama who will obviously leave, Clinton and Trump, they are all so different, but will there be any difference? I don't think so, nothing really changes does it, whoever's in power sorts out their best interest, but for a day to day effect the changes implemented would have to be drastic. I'm not sure a welfare cut would happen or taking people's guns away, Pharmaceutical companies will continue to rape peoples wallets, aint no one building any walls on borders, to be frank the whole thing is a waste of time and money

14. GeordieHalfbreed

My cousin was able to get health insurance for the first time in spite of a pre-existing condition. That was a pretty huge change for her and millions like her. It's easy to be glib and say 'nothing will change' - easier perhaps than actually thinking about the issues involved.

15. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

Letsth get dangerouth . . .

16. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

That anyone could support Trump is gob smacking. He either believes what he says (in which case he is an idiot) or he doesn't, in which case god knows what he is going to do.

But then 52% supported Brexit so I shouldn't be too shocked.

17. GeordieHalfbreed

Nailed it.

18. Darth Tash

Darth Tash Well-Known Member

Why isn't the same for Hillary though? She's incredibly corrupt and probably worse than Trump in the grand scheme of things.

And also will make decisions that could very likely lead to war.

She also doesn't have a history surrounding good judgment either.

If you want either of these two in charge you're nuts.

Bernie Sanders shouldn't have walked this election.

19. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

Hillary Clinton is an unappealing lifetime politician. She will line her pockets and probably keep the US involved in wars in the same way that it has been virtually continuously at war since the early 1950's. Slimy status quo.

Trump is an idiot.

To say that neither is desirable is sensible enough. To say they are comparable is nuts.

20. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Hillary is just another mouthpiece for the money men of that ridiculous system and all they worry about is....money - America's best way to generate funds? War...

Trump - nutter - they might as well vote for Vermin Love Supreme (google him if you don't know who he is). He will push America into war even though he's probably to dumb to realize it..

Basically America are voting on who will start the next war and how bad it will be. 99% if its Clinton we are pretty much waiting for WWIII and if its Trump - it's already started and I'm starting to look for one of those one way tickets to Mars...