1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Tunisia Attack

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

Euros 2016 in France will probably be a target.

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Ex-Birmingham City player Denis Thwaites and his wife are also among the dead.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  3. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Was thinking that the other day, I was planning on going but not so sure now.

4. over18and legal

over18and legal Well-Known Member

RIP to all those that have died in this cowardly attack.
    Best wishes to all those that have lost their relatives and friends.

Words are just not enough. I hope all the survivors are given proper counselling to help them move forward.

Good luck to them all.

PLT likes this.
  5. clg101

clg101 Active Member

Hi guys don't post very often at all but this is a really sensitive spot for me. I live on the same street as Jim and Claire and the whole neighborhood has been completely devastated by this news. We have all said our condolences and left cards and flowers with Jim and his family and have left him and his family to deal with this truly atrocious event in their own way, knowing that should they call on anyone of us we will be there instantly should they need anything. This respect can not be said for the world of media who have been bombarding the street with journalist since Saturday evening. We had a phone call around 5-6 pm on Saturday night from the Sun newspaper asking if we had known the windass family and if we knew they where in Tunisia at the time of the attacks. up to this point we had no idea that they where in Tunisia and this instantly sparked fear in us that something has happened to Jim and Claire. We didn't want to be speaking to the media and told them we knew nothing and hung up the phone. We started asking how would they know as there was only 5 people to have been confirmed at this point and Claire wasn't one of them. We started to think they must have got a list of tourist out in Tunisia and are trying to find a family who has been caught up in some way. This was until we had a call from a friend who had also been contacted by the Sun, who had confirmed that Claire had sadly been caught up in the attack and was one of those killed. Who do they think they are to be telling people such awful news? I am absolutely shocked that a newspaper thinks it is ok to breaking this news to people in order to gain information to sell a story. We notified the neighbors of the sad news so that they could send their condolences and also to be prepared for journalists at their doors. At half past 10 that night a neighbor had a knock on the door from a freelance journalist trying to be the first person to write about this family. They where soon told to leave.
    The next day we had the BBC and ITV down the street knocking on all doors including Jim's door to get information. The man had only just got back home from from what can only be described as hell to then face people knocking on the door trying to get him to relive the details i am sure he just wants to forget. This complete insensitivity approach from the media has completely infuriated me and i now understand why journalist are hated so much.

Fez, yerman, Davies Headband and 10 others like this.
  6. Qatartiger Cambridgetiger

Qatartiger Cambridgetiger Well-Known Member

I send all my best wishes and condolences to all affected by this total act of cowardice.

Here in Jordan it has been on high alert for ages now as you go to the shopping Malls (centres) they check your cars even take a swab from you steering wheel. and mirrors to check under your vehicle.

Since this has happened it really feels so much more tense here. Being Ramadan it is also like a party atmosphere too quite strange to have both feelings at the same time.

7. over18and legal

over18and legal Well-Known Member

Typical media.
    Whilst the public clamour for news it will not go away.
    Even if you don't buy the papers the TV crews will still hound the public to get the best story (in their opinion) going.
    It is so sad, but someone saving Mrs Coggins dog from drowning does not make front page news.

8. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Mrs Coggins dog would make the front page of the HDM. No doubt accompanied by a picture of the dog with its front legs folded.

HHH and over18and legal like this.
  9. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

It looks like 30 of the 38 were British, 21 now confirmed with another 9 expected to be confirmed shortly.

10. Warwicktiger

Warwicktiger Active Member

Thanks, ordered my tickets in the first round ballot yesterday for all the group games in Bordeaux!

11. Amin Yapusi

You manage to use a thread like this to have a rant about the HDM.

Really?

12. Quill

Quill Bastard

I'm waiting for Charon to blame Alex Bruce for all this.

It's inevitable.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  13. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Well, we can't mention religion.

14. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's difficult not mentioning religion on a thread like this.

15. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

Any reason for Bordeaux? You regularly holiday there?

Strikes by Port Workers (you know how the french are) will probably put more people off from the UK than wannabe jihadist nobheads kicking off.

I can imagine the Government will want everything sorted out in Calais if all home nations qualify.

16. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

was nepotism or hoofing involved?

17. Amin Yapusi

The French are always up to this sort of thing, it'll all be over well before then, it will probably have kicked off another 100 or so times by next summer.

18. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Horrendous event, I read an article in one of the papers early part of the week which had interviewed `Stevo` the rugby league commentator for sky, he was at the resort and either at the hotel or nearby, he was holidaying there with an ex police officer. He states that a second gunman was involved, and that this male was shot at the scene as well. He even goes as far as describing the male and his clothing and witnessing him in possession of what he believed was a firearm, then speaking to an officer after seeing the described male covered in a sheet somewhere either on or near the beach who told him they had shot him. Now given this very public testimony there seems very little coverage to support this, but strange that others present describe the second gunman too, yet to my knowledge this has not been reported in the National news. My sympathy goes to all those families, friends, associates and those effected by the outrageous and evil act.

19. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Ray and Angie Fisher remained unaccounted for until almost a week after the Tunisia attack...
    please log in to view this image

Chris Dyer was on holiday in Tunisia with his wife. His friends say they're "devastated"...

Stephen Mellor, 59, died in Tunisia as he shielded his wife from gunfire...

80-year-old David Thompson, a retired scientist, was killed in the Sousse terror attack...

"Super husband" John Stollery was in Tunisia with his wife and son when he was killed...

Billy Graham manned the turnstiles at St Johnstone FC. He died in Tunisia with his wife Lisa...

Leeds couple Christopher and Sharon Bell were taken from their family in the Tunisia attack...

Tunisia beach attack victims John and Janet Stocker were the "happiest, most loving couple"...

Eileen Swannack, who died in Tunisia with her partner John Welch, was a "wonderful woman"...

Denis Thwaites, a former Birmingham City footballer, died in Tunisia with his wife Elaine...

Tunisia attack victims Jim and Ann McQuire reportedly booked their holiday at the last minute...

Couple Sue Davey and Scott Chalkley were on holiday together in Tunisia when they were killed...

Dad and son Patrick and Adrian Evans were killed in Tunisia as they enjoyed a holiday together...

20. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Philip Heathcote died in Tunisia. He and his wife were celebrating their 30th anniversary...

Stuart Cullen, from Suffolk, was on holiday in Tunisia. His wife had to return without him...

Claire Windass was killed in Tunisia as she relaxed on the beach with her husband...

Tunisia victim Lisa Burbidge's four grandchildren "will miss her tremendously"...

Devoted husband, dad and granddad Bruce Wilkinson was killed in Tunisia. He was 72...

Mum-of-four Trudy Jones was on holiday in Tunisia with friends when she was killed...

Joel Richards, 19, died in Tunisia with his granddad and uncle. He was a talented footballer...

Carly Lovett, 24, was killed in Tunisia. The Lincolnshire fashion blogger recently got engaged...