1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Two Loans

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Martyn Starnes today said that they have been looking for two loanees since Thursday.

With four regulars out for the Oxford game plus Hartley being replaced at half time as well, things are getting dire.......Argyle had only six subs available on tghe bench Saturday.

Martyn said that it was important to get the right players for the positions that they need to cover. With Argyle in a promotion push players with experience rather than youngsters on the way up are necessary.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I would hope it hasn't taken an injury list like a medical soap to have them looking for a couple of loans. I would hope they were looking for them anyway. I still want Boetang back and Palace could do us the favour considering we did them one by developing their boy. It's not as if he is going to play there now they have the walking wounded back in harness is it. I think experience is the obvious choice given it is a bit late in the season to be playing with the untried and tested.

3. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Hope fully they are able to get some in soon.. We will barely have a team to put out otherwise.. injuries will cost us auto if we dont get some player's in.. We dont want the play offs now :emoticon-0146-punch

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The current situation does show how fragile the squad is. You are bang on there Joe with the don't want the play offs. People on the outside looking in can be forgiven for thinking this must be a Brent and budget thing in the absence of any other explanation. It is hard to fathom why we are struggling for numbers on the sort of gates we get in comparison to others. Not going to drag up the ongoing saga of before to have another round of Brent is wonderful versus Oh no he isn't. If we fall over for the lack of a player or two given we have gone most of the season with the slimmest of squads already then he is going to get the blame regardless.

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Starnes gave an interview which said that Adams was being particular in wanting players of the right calibre and not any old youngster that a higher league club wanted to get a run-out. Better to be patient and get the right ones. The recruitment track record since Adams arrived has been good so some trust is in order.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see that Rochdale have loaned Lewis Alessandra to York......he was ok when he was with us.....probably not on Adams radar.

7. notDistantGreen

More than OK.....

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

well we got penalties anyway.....

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It has been confirmed after scans that Ryan Brunt will be out possibly until the end of the year (9months)......he has got cruciate ligament knee damage which happened in the first half of the 1-0 defeat at Barnet last week.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Rumours that Argyle are in talks with with Scunthorpe's Andrew Boyce......26yr old defender......he has played on loan to various non-league teams.

Scunthorpe have had three managers in the last 18 months.....Boyce has not always been in favour.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've read a bit about him from other opinions and have to say this isn't exactly inspiring. I would always give anyone a go first before praising/condemning of course. Surely though we could attract a better pedigree than this.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I am begining to think that James Brent needs to step up to the plate and financially get this promotion push back on track....and very soon.

Third place is looking a little wobbly at the moment.....with Portsmouth and Bristol R both looking stronger as the season moves into it's final phase.......they are only both six points behind us......we have an away game at Accrington Saturday.....and they will be desperate to get back on track after being brushed aside last night by Pompey......and of course we still have to play Pompey away.....plus the awkward away game that we have at Exeter soon.

13. notDistantGreen

The best players aren't available at this time of year: it'll be sqaud members rather than an upgrade. We need to recover the form we had before Christmas with the players we had then and have now. Except for Boateng.....

14. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Have faith we will be ok and end up runners up..

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I still want to believe that Joe.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argyle have signed 20 yr old 6ft tall Jordan Houghton a Chelsea mid-fielder.......he has been on loan at Gillingham earlier in the season and played 15 times for them scoring once.

He has represented England at U15, U16 and U20 levels.

17. notDistantGreen

18. notDistantGreen

No Boateng then.....

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Could be better, supposed to be a box to box player.......Championship teams have been after him, so we're told.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see he has been loaned to Notts County today...........not good enough for us I expect.