1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Tyson Fury: Talented Showman or Thick Idiot

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by frisky biscuit, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

Best bit of boxing by a mile, only heavyweight that excited me when I was a kid was Bruno, because he was British, but Tyson was an animal to watch & now I just don't really watch boxing at all!

2. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

I'd have calzagie, Benn and Hearns above Eubank personally.

3. Walter Sobchak

AJ. Tbh I don't really know if he is or isn't, but he hasn't even beat a B level pro yet nevermind A; so it irritates me that he's hyped so much. He's also to get his chin tested and I hope it does against Whyte.

4. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

Yes, agreed about the opposition so far. But I believe he will make it to the top. The next fight is a bit more spicey! He's a big unit, the only thing about AJ is the amount of muscle. Might sound strange but I think too much muscle drains the energy in later rounds. Used to happen to Bruno.

5. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

This is a crap story really, but I'll tell it anyway in case someone knows what the **** I'm talking about

I once went to a gig, I'm thinking in Hull, but I could be wrong, and the support act was a solo guitarist
    Anyway in conversation it turned out that he had been a boxer and had once fought a title fight against Thomas Hearns! He was quite good too ( at guitarist, he wasn't as good as Hearns at boxing) . I remember checking at the time ( probably in an encyclopaedia or by going to the library!) and it was true.

I was impressed at the time, but I can't even remember who it was I had even gone to see now

Senility eh!?

6. Walter Sobchak

If you went on boxrec and looked at all Hearns title fights it would probably come back to you.

7. dennisboothstash

I don't think it would

I can't remember his name, or what he looked like, or where it was, or who he was supporting, or who I was with.......I assume it was a great night ! ( actually I can remember he was white so that would narrow it down...and it also means I can't have been too hammered?)

Walter Sobchak likes this.
  8. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

You sure it was Hearns??

Walter Sobchak likes this.
  9. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Are you sure it was guitar?

Are you sure it was you that saw him?

dennisboothstash likes this.
  10. dennisboothstash

Weirdly that was the only part I'm sure about...I think

11. Chazz Rheinhold

I've got a team at my work thinking about this Dennis. The jobs gone to **** cos of you and your drunken reminiscences.

You sure it wasnt Roberto Duran?

12. dennisboothstash

it was a sketchy time in my life...for various reasons

Now you come to mention it you might want to widen the research to anyone who had a fight with Duran Duran as well

13. Chazz Rheinhold

Not saying its this bloke. But its a maybe??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Thorn
    Thorn was born in Kenosha, Wisconsin, but as an infant his family moved and he was raised in Tupelo, Mississippi. He is also the cousin of Stan Thorn, a keyboardist for the band Shenandoah and Kay Bain's Saturday Mornin' Band on the WTVA Saturday morning series, The Mornin' Show.

Before his professional music career began, he was briefly a professional boxer, having fought a nationally-televised fight against former world champion Roberto DurĂ¡n,[1] and also won the Mid-South Middleweight Championship in Memphis, Tennessee. After a few years of working in a local furniture factory and playing in local clubs, he was discovered by music professional Miles Copeland (brother of The Police drummer Stewart Copeland), was signed to a recording contract with A&M Records and recorded his first album, Hammer & Nail in 1997, followed by seven more albums. In early 2008, he enjoyed national TV performance appearances on Late Night with Conan O'Brien and Jimmy Kimmel Live!.

His album Pimps and Preachers, debuted at No. 83 on the Billboard 200 chart. The album was released on June 22, 2010. It is the highest position he has had on these charts.[3]

Thorn has toured as an opening act for Huey Lewis & the News, Sting, John Prine, Marianne Faithfull, Mark Knopfler, Robert Cray, Bonnie Raitt,Toby Keith and Jeff Beck, Jerry Jeff Walker

His 2012 album What the Hell Is Going On was the #12 Most Played Album of 2012 on the AMA Chart.[4] What the Hell Is Going On was Thorn's second record to debut on the Billboard Top 100 during its first week of release.[5]

In 2014, Thorn released Too Blessed to Be Stressed, which he described as a collection of "positive anthem songs."[6]

14. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

15. The greengrocer

The greengrocer Well-Known Member

Just seen him singing to vlad! Not a bad singer TBF:emoticon-0148-yes: the more I see him the more I'm warming to him!

16. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

Wait, you're surprised people who get punched in the head repeatedly are thick as pigshit?

17. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

BOJACKHCAFCMAN Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's even worth watching the Fury fight, the consensus seems to be Klitschko will KO him after a few rounds, heard round 7 mentioned a lot so tempted to have a bet on it.

18. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

BOJACKHCAFCMAN Well-Known Member

Had personal experience with Bruno, not in the ring though obviously! Ran past him on the end stage of the Great North Run so I think his energy had drained much like you describe!

19. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

Loved watching Bruno. So nearly made it against Mike Tyson. ''He's hurt Tyson. He's hurt Tyson and Tyson knows it and is going for him'' Harry Carpenter.

As for Saturday and Tyson Fury - I think his chin is a bit iffy - so Klitschko for me. Within 9 rounds.

BOJACKHCAFCMAN likes this.
  20. Quill

Quill Bastard

Really hoping for a first round knockout by Klitschko.

Fury is a clown who needs taking down a peg or two.

BOJACKHCAFCMAN likes this.