1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tyson Fury- why the hate?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by RebelBhoy, Dec 21, 2011.

1. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

No other British level fighter gets the same vitriol directed at him.

As I see it, he is;

-British level
    -Commonwealth Champ
    -Undefeated
    -Entertaining
    -A decent guy
    -Happy to take on all comers
    -Skilled

Bearing in mind the level he is at, explain to me why he gets such ****?

2. Rubadub

Rubadub Well-Known Member

I don't hate him, I just think he is a terrible fighter. I think what did it for me was when he punched himself in the head I just can't take him seriously after that.

3. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Understood. That is fine, but he does get a **** more abuse than his relative merits warrant.
    Fat Mick has got him on TV. This is a good thing.

4. nufc4life

nufc4life Guest

a decent guy with the god squad tactics before a fight ,he is terrible the division isnt nowt clever and who has he actually beat ??? i dont no who is worse him or audrey harrison

5. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

with 17 fights on his record, he has won english, British and Commonwealth titles. He took on a very decent gatekeeper fighter in McDermott, twice. Beaten very comfortably a guy who got robbed in a euro title tilt and got himself a shot at a world title. Fury has taken the 0 of no less than 4 fighters and since his debut only fought 3 fighters with a negative record. One of those being a very tough, very underrated zack page.

The point isn't about his record, it is that Tyson is a British level fighter. No other British level fighter gets this amount of abuse. Why?

6. swimaway

swimaway Well-Known Member

Khan takes more **** I recon.

I think every British boxing fan would love to see Tyson come good, but at the moment it seems he has found his level. A new trainer and attitude is required to try and go to the next step.... oh and punching himself in the face was damn funny!

7. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Khan is well above British level.

Fury has tried a good number of trainers. How is it you think British fans want him to succeed? He gets nothing but abuse from British fans. Fans of Irish boxing generally recognise his level and hope for the best.

8. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Have to agree. Khan is probably the most unpopular British fighter out there at the moment and many just want him to fail.

I actually enjoy Fury's fights but just think he needs to sort his attitude out.

9. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Have I phrased this really badly?

What do you mean by attitude?

10. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

Tyson Fury is a fighter but don't make the mistake of considering him to be a boxer.

He's a huge thug with a tiny bit of technical ability - he can't/shouldn't fight at world-level because he will get hurt... actually i'd pair him with Wladimir Klitschko next fight...<whistle>

11. nufc4life

nufc4life Guest

joker i agree for once ,he actually thinks hes ready for either klitschko which we both no he would get seriously hurt ,he is just a flash in the pan

12. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

No he doesn't. He is clear about that.

13. nufc4life

nufc4life Guest

so on his last fight he didnt say he was ready 4 either klitschkos ?? Im sorry to tell you this but he did

14. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

No he didn't..

He said that he'd fight them now and he'd beat them now but he'd prefer to fight them in 18 months time when he is ready for them.

Of course, he could fight them in 3 years and still lose, that ain't the point. He knows he ain't ready. He thinks he will be. Few others do.

Maybe the problem is that people don't actually listen.

15. nufc4life

nufc4life Guest

rebelboy isnt what i said in your reply ?? Yes he did say it he would never beat them ,and it is boxing day lets not put the gloves
    on mate

16. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Come on, you have to separate the bluff and bluster from what he is actually saying.

17. nufc4life

nufc4life Guest

get the gloves out ha ha , are you a real fan of him ,lets behonest he does have room for improvement i admit that but the dummies that follow him put me of he needs to seperate from the pikies and god squad story and nuckle down then he may start doing something good i wish him good look for the future
    but as far as the klitschkos go hes living in dream land

18. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

i like what he brings but I am not under any illusion as to what level he is at.

I do struggle with why he is disliked to the extent he is disliked. He is good for Boxing, as limited as he is. He is the top line in fat Micks promotion and he has boxing on Free TV!!

He is Borderline euro level. Plenty of fighters are. None get the grief Tyson does.

19. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

This is what i meant by his attitude. He thinks he can beat the Klitschko brothers but he would get battered by them.

20. nufc4life

nufc4life Guest

if you like what he brings we cant be watching the same fights ,he is a fat lump of lard who hits himself and as far as good for boxing goes he should just stick to being a bare nuckle head pikey prizefighter ,he wont go much further and hes only on channel5 so his dad and ex trainer can watch from there prison cell