1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread United v Chelsea last chance saloon

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Stan

Stan Stalker

Peace

please log in to view this image

Treble and Shwan71 like this.
  2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

What was retrospective about it?

3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Because you'll emoji the **** out of me?

4. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Because everyone (with a few exceptions :)) ) were doubting his selection. Now after the match people can see he was right. Even he himself said (tongue in cheek?) that may be he did select his best team for that match and not on the basis of prioritising the anderlecht match.

5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I think I said it was weird (choosing this game to not pick Zlatan) but qualified it by saying Young and Rashford deserved their chance.
    I don't recall saying he was wrong. Apart from his selection of Fellaini, who should never start. That's always wrong.

As it goes he was bang on. Onwards and upwards, however meaningless it all is.

6. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Nicely done , if only you turned some of those draws into wins . Doubled Chelsea ( applause ) Oops , though you beat them first time out

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  7. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

nice one

please log in to view this image

Treble likes this.
  8. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No Zlatan did the trick. Jose just conned you for so long with Zlatan.
    2-0
    Called it before the game KO.

9. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

That was our best performance under Jose Mourinho in my opinion, The team played excellent, Ander Herrera was stuck to Eden Hazard like glue as well.

10. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Finally Mourinho sets up to attack an opponent, with 2 young attackers full of energy in a 442 and we put in our best performance of the season.

Im still not sure wether it was luck or judgement that he fielded such an effective side. Had the Anderlecht game not been just around the corner, would he have rested the players he did? It May have been down to luck, as he realises the Europa League is our likeliest route into the CL this season. But il give the manager the benefit of the doubt.

As good as Zlatan is as a player, I still feel the team at times is to centred around him, and whilst we might get the best out of him, we don't get the best out of everyone else when he plays. He's just to slow and immobile for me, and means our only way of opening teams up is threading the ball through the eye of a needle. With Rashford it gives us that outlet, as he can outpace defenders and get on the end of the through balls.

Mourinho showed his faith in the young talent we have in a big game for the first time yesterday, and it payed off as we completely outplayed the league leaders.

I'd like to see more of the same between now and the end of the season, no more of this 5 in midfield and Ibra upfront on his own, as its pedestrian and boring to watch. Let the young talent have a go at the opposition from now on.

glazerfodder and Chief like this.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Because you'll be shown up for the rubbish you spout. Feel free to carry on embarrassing yourself though <ok>

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

No mate, not on this board and with this bitter mod.

13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

So you waited weeks and weeks of draws which have continuously undermined your shallow point until we finally win a game to crow about it? And you can't see how stupid you sound

The only person offended is you. As you're showing by carrying on something that was done and dusted a few weeks back. Your approach to any opinion different to yours is to dismiss it without discussion, hurl abuse and imply that somehow your opinion and you as a United fan are better. You're behaving like a child.

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

For anyone actually interested in constructive dialogue. The game showed what a good performance can achieve. A good performance is NOT playing fancy football or passing it like Barcelona.

Results come from goals, and goals come from chances created. We've lacked that for several reasons. Firstly our slow build up play, secondly not driving at the opposition defence in numbers or running beyond their back line and thirdly actually passing the ball accurately in that final third or around the opposition area. THAT is classed as a good performance and we demonstrated it perfectly yesterday.

HOWEVER, whilst players like Young, Rashford, Herrera, Valencia, Lingard demonstrated that in abundance, Pogba still couldnt manage it. And going forward that is still a concern.

Results don't just happen, we've lacked goals, and some depth of discussion as to why we struggle to score should always be welcome on this board even if we disagree. Not mocked and berated by a select few. We're all United fans here, but doesnt mean we need to agree about everything or shout ppl down.

15. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Awesome.

16. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

What was my shallow point by the way?

That Rooney scoring a last minute goal to get us a point while breaking Charlton's all time scoring record wasn't meaningless?

That shallow point?

I stand by it. You're the only person who thinks it was meaningless. Not one other person agreed with you.
    Obviously, I could be wrong so I'm happy to stand corrected when all those others who agree it was meaningless pipe up.

17. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I'd say you were a tedious **** whether I was a 'mod' or not.

It's irrelevant. To everything.
    I forget the tag exists most of the time.

If it matters that much to you, why not campaign to rid me of it. You'd be doing us both a favour.

18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Far too deep for you obviously.

19. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

More abuse. You're a terrible mod fella. You're small minded and petty. You hold on to stuff and continuously make snide remarks on every match thread even when I havent posted on there. You clearly have a problem and not just with me. You embarrass yourself and anyone and everyone can see it. Even on this thread.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  20. Stan

Stan Stalker

If Chief's going to resign from his Mod position then we're going to need a replacement. I recommend me.