1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread United v Chelsea last chance saloon

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

More random nonsense. Something else you cant seem to let go of. Yes I thought the goal was meaningless. You disagree. Great, get over it.

Your shallow point that I'm referring to... and try to stay with me here (it may be hard) is "results are all that matter". It's all very well saying that but our results havent been great. Simply repeating results are all that matter while we're drawing game after game seems a little meaningless. Can you understand that? Some of us want to add some depth to the debate. Like for example why we're not scoring goals. Your "awesome" response above to my explanation of why I think we struggle to score but confidently managed to do so yesterday only highlights what a narrow minded person you are. It's pointless trying to engage with you. I'd rather disagree with Christian or Glazer ir Diego or anyone because they'll at least offer something worth debating.

You could have taken a different tact after the result yesterday but you chose to make a snide remark and like every match thread make another cheap attack. I tried to draw a line underneath it on the last matchday thread but you just dont want to let it go. You really are sad, bitter excuse for a man.

2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I didn't read it.

<ok>

3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Stop crying you sad sack of ****e.

If you don't like people disagreeing with you you ****ing hypocrite then don't engage with me.

Got it? That blunt enough for you?

Now kindly **** off and bore someone else.

*By the way, what you conveniently and significantly miss out are the words 'from here on' as the precursor for me saying results are all that matter.
    Which I know I said. You'd look even more of a dick than you already do if you quoted that though as it was, and remains, a perfectly reasonable thing to say. *

4. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I'm not going to.

Treble is going to whine me into submission though

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Didnt or couldn"t?

Comprehension not your strong point is it fella. <ok>

6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Like it or not I'm not going anywhere. You carry on your unprovoked snide digs on every match thread. I'll carry on giving my opinion. Disagree if you want never said you couldnt.

But you're not going to hound me off here like you try to with others. You sad bitter man. <ok>

7. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Stoke away thread, West Brom thread.

It pains me to mirror your snivelling whining but, you started it.

Put me on ignore and bore away to your hearts content because you'll have trust me on this, I'm ****ed if I'm going anywhere.

Fella.

8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Read the above and lol at the utter irony of it.

9. Sir Tennisball

Sir Tennisball Well-Known Member

This is getting tedious guys. Match threads are about discussing the match, not scoring points against each other.

Yes, you disagree on stuff, and that's not going to change.
    It's clear neither of you is willing to take a step back without getting in the last word either.

You're both adults so it's up to you to figure out how you act from here onwards, but it's going to kill what little discussion there is on this board if this carries on.

<ok>

Treble and Christiansmith like this.
  10. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

I watched the second half of last Sunday's match earlier, If Paul Pogba gave away the ball like N'Golo Kante did for our 2nd goal...............

11. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

He does. Regularly.

12. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I vote Christian, he'll have this place run like North Korea!

Treble likes this.
  13. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

This

We are only a (very) small group. It would be a shame if we can't agree to disagree.

and no I would not like to be mod. I don't want to be civil to the deluded RS either.

14. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

What's a bigger shame is that some people can't take having the Mikey taken out of them.

Otherwise known as snide digs, to those of a piss weak disposition. If you can't handle that then you've come to the wrong place.

From my own point of view, not agreeing and having a different opinion is one thing as that is surely the whole point of forums such as this. If we all agreed it would be pointless.
    Making things up or omitting information to 'prove' your point, while using a patronising tone with a few facepalms thrown in for good measure, is another.
    Anyone using that MO can, frankly, **** off. I won't change that stance.

(and please don't give me the mod's should not use abusive language crap. This, to me, is a virtual on line pub if you like and in a pub I would quite happily tell a fellow fan to **** off if I thought he was talking ****. As this person does regularly on other threads so I can do without the hypocrisy, thanks.)

The stupid thing is that we agree on 80% things.

15. Christiansmith

At the risk of talking footie, what is the chance of United of getting top 4? many pundits say it is small to non existent. Reason? we are playing the "formidable" Spurs and City away and the" not so formidable" Arsenal away too.

This was based on JM and United being weak despite being unbeaten and United being extremely tired after tough Europa matches mid week.

I think **** the tiredness and **** the formidable opposition away. United had the worst results against bottom clubs at home. Surely we can't do worse ?

One thing is certain, we have to beat Arsenal and City. City is a formidable team on their day. They have more class players than Chelsea. Stopping Hazard was key. For City, who does JM man mark? Silva and De Bruyne make them tick. then what about Aguero and Sane? Arsenal are playing at home. I remember Ferguson doing a number on them a few years ago. they were flying but United came and were 2-0 up before they knew what hit them by playing counter attacking football.

As I said earlier, we have absolutely nothing to lose by only going for wins. United have the safety net of the Europa so they can't do worse than last season.

16. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I think it's a big ask, my opinion is this and has remained throughout, as we have drawn far too many 'easy' games and have a good amount of genuinely difficult ones to come.

That said, we beat Chelsea comfortably so who's to say we can't do likewise with City and Spurs? The big difference is they are away from home, obviously. (I didn't mention Arsenal because in any sane world we piss it against them). Spurs and City also have it all to play for, Spurs have to win every game to stand any chance of overtaking Chelsea and City have to won as many as possible to guarantee their own position in top four so it's not as of we're getting any dead rubbers. The truth is, I can't see us beating City away, as sad as that is to admit knowing fine well that they have a 'weak' defence.

Europa league is definitely best bet but we should still go for both.

By the way, I don't think Mourinho can moan about fixture congestion given we are where we are in order to gain CL for next season. We could/should have been in a far more comfortable position league wise and then he could have merrily stuck two fingers up at the europa league months back. That said, I agree that the premier league, in cahoots with Sky and BT, do **** all to help.

17. Christiansmith

There is no point however in crying over the draws. Thats gone. We might say we've been unlucky (and stats tend to confirm it with United having the most number of shots against the post and the most shots on target) and GKs playing their best game of the season against us. The reality is that had we been more clinical (an RVP, RVN, Cole) we would have had more wins.

But from our current position, the one good thing is none of these clubs will play a closed defensive game. Being away means Jm can play his favourite park the bus and counter attack style without having the crowd on his back. May be that last completely unexpected Chav demolition has gone to my head, I don't see it as fanciful the thought of getting 3 points at the Etihad. We get a goal from a counterattack and we defend with 11 men as expected. What can be easier? JM has done it against the likes of Barcelona and he won't hesitate to do it against City. <laugh>

18. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Vote for Stan ..lol ... I think maybe Mourinho has taken a bit longer than most would like to get the team settled , which is shown in the draws . I'd be very scared of Mourinho's United next season if I was the other top clubs .... and I'm embaressed....embarresed ... feel foolish saying that cause... I HATE MOURINHO

19. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

In the grand scheme of things, given our faltering start to the season and the rebuilding job that JM has had to do behind the scenes, to be challenging for top four, to be fighting in the EL and have some silverware already in the cupboard is actually no mean feat. So long as we keep up this momentum and the team give their all until the very end, however the season ends, this would be an achievement for JM - certainly not good overall, but a good start. If we bring in the two strikers that the press would have us believe the manager wants to sign - it all looks very promising for next season as goals seem to be the only thing missing from our game at present.

seabreeze likes this.
  20. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Exactly how I see it , as much as I would like to bury my head in the sand and not . Man U would be where my money would be next season if I was a betting man .