1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Uzmanov Bids for Full Control of Arsenal

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by white_gunner, May 19, 2017.

1. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

Alisher Usmanov has made a £1bn bid to buy out the majority shareholder at Arsenal, according to Sky sources.

It is understood Stan Kroenke has yet to formally respond to the offer, but it is expected he will reject it.

Usmanov currently owns a 30 per cent stake in the club and has a personal fortune of around £11.2bn.

via sky, bbc, and literally every other major media.

-------------------------

Apparently its not just Uzmanov, as Kaveh Solhekol from Sky tweeted,
    "Two people following the process closely said other bidders were circling"

I personally dont listen to these stories, as I dont think Kroenke would sell his shares at whatever price, which is interesting because money seems to be the only reason he invested in arsenal in the first place.

thoughts? Would be good to get rid of Kroenke for sure.

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Can't see Kronke selling. I think Usmanov is trying to be a bit opportunistic on the back of a poor season, but I don't blame him. As the second largest shareholder, it's highly unusual that he's not been offered a seat on the board. The Arsenal board closed ranks when they got of David Dein and froze Usmanov out. I think it's time they opened up again.

Let's not forget that these are the same people who told David Dein that 'we don't need their type here' when Dein first introduced Kronke to the club. They soon changed their tune on that by selling their shares to him.

3. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Is the Chav, City and now utd model the only way forward in football now?

4. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

......................yes?

5. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

He'll sell his golden goose when the egg yield drops.

6. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Usmanov has tried to take control on numerous occasions.

A good friend of mine works for the company who were hired to investigate Usmanov by Arsenal.

He was deemed an unsafe investor. Put it this way there is a reasonable chance Usmanov will see jail time in the near future.

7. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

If Usmanov takes over, we will have the following epic games
    every season ...

Barca vs get Real Madrid : El classico.
    Chelsky vs Citeh : El plastico.
    Arsenal vs Chelsky : El polonium.

Diego likes this.
  8. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

He has made a bid to see if Silent Stan will show some interest in selling, and then it will down to how much for.
    Stan buys sports assets to make money and isn't interested in the sport, whereas Usmanov is a Arsenal fan and has been for many years.
    i think it would be brilliant for Arsenal to have a interested owner who goes to all the games, and who cares about the team.
    The board didn't want Kronke in the first place and welcomed Usmanov then sold out at a higher price to Stan behind Usmanov's back.
    i hope he can buy out Stan as he hasn't put any money in to the club and in fact we have gone backwards money wise as we paid for new stadium by selling our bet players and ripping us off for ticket prices.

9. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Never happening. Stan is on a right little earner with Arsenal so will stick with it. In doing so we'll probably end up mid to lower end table while he milks the fans from ticket and merchandise sales, like he does with the rest of his club's in the States.

10. TheBear

Stan Kroenke has an awful record with Sports teams.

I mean from a financial perspective it's impressive because his worth has tripled over the last few years but none of the Clubs he owns are doing well in their respective sports.

11. lazarus20000

He's a clever guy. It's all about merchandising and ticket sales. He's landed on a goldmine with Arsenal, it's a prestigious club with a rich history. But more importantly it's located in one of the most desirable areas of England/London, with guaranteed sellout season ticket sales (one of the highest priced) and shirt sales.

If Arsenal doesn't succeed it won't bother him too much, he will still get a guaranteed high turnover of money coming in, as long as we stay in the Premiership. This is exactly what he's done with his other clubs and this is what matters to him.

12. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

West Ham (the real Chavs) are a model? You are having a laugh!

13. TheBear

No. Athletico a Club with far less disposable income than ourselves manage to be competitive even in a league where Barca and Real are practically subsidied by the government.

Leceister have also shown what is possible.

lazarus20000 likes this.
  14. lazarus20000

What Simeone has accomplished is amazing. Both Real and Barca have so much more resources and support than everyone else that it's hugely unfair. He's managed to break what is a two club domination and not only has he been competitive in the league, but a very good one to one record against those two. The German league is even worse.

But in my opinion, the PL is by far the best and is probably the best it's ever been. Any 6 teams can realistically win the PL now, which is unheard of from any other domestic European league.

15. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Meh, not really. They've had a one-off title a few years ago much like Leicester, but other than that, most seasons they finish double digits behind the title winners.

So apart from that one-off title, pretty much like us but on a lower budget.

16. TheBear

In five Seasons he's won La Liga, reached the Champions League final twice, won the Europa League,Uefa Super Cup and Copa Del Ray.

A club like Arsenal with a big fanbase, decent revenue (in manager city) could for sure still challenge the big boys with the right manager and approach.

17. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Well yes obviously. But Atletico should not be our yardstick. We're richer than them and should achieve MORE than they do.

18. lazarus20000

With all the extra money we have, i don't think we have a better team than them,in fact they are better. I think they've been very savvy in the market and re-invested regularly when they've had the money or sold players. We used to be good in the market but have lost our edge or re-investing as much as we should.

If Wenger is indeed staying then the management need to get off their asses and improve things such as transfers, player deals etc.

19. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

Can we have a billionaire owner who either has some interest in the club they've invested in or isn't as corrupt as f*ck?! I wouldn't touch Usmanov with a 10 foot poking pole the dodgy git and Kroenke.... urgh.

lazarus20000 likes this.
  20. lazarus20000

Tell me about it. Can anyone tell me what Kroenke actually puts in financially? Would it make any difference to us having a billionaire owner?