1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Accrington Stanley

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Mar 30, 2017.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I certainly agree that the "entitled" comment does nobody any service at all. There is no such thing as entitled. Players go down that easily because comments like that encourage it and so do managers. It may not be exactly cheating but it certainly isn't in the spirit of fair play is it. Our own players do it as well so we aren't exactly whiter than white.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

It IS cheating and should be described as such. I agree it's endemic and PAFC aren't immune. We aren't as bad as some though and I don't think that's just bias talking.

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

When you think about it to say we don't cheat as much as other teams cheat is quite a statement to get your head around isn't it. The fact that everyone cheats at all is quite disgusting let alone the ones we support. The problem with the hands on the back is none of us can know how much of a push there is. That's because the players must practice going down as they do it so bleddy well. Almost impossible for the officials. Yesterday Miller should have known better though. Don't touch at all is the message of the day and especially not where he was.

4. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

Whilst I find all elements of time wasting abhorrent, it is firmly entrenched in the game now and as Wycombe in particular have proved over the last few seasons it does get results.

Really the responsibility is with the FA to ensure that Referees have better training in identifying simulation and time-wasting tactics.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

To be fair to Refs Hobo the simulation thing is a bleddy hard one and even if we see replay after replay sometimes it still isn't clear. They get one go. The time wasting part however is obvious. If they need training to spot that then they are in the wrong job.

6. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

But some of them ARE clear and all of those should be penalised with a card: even if it's a second yellow. A strong deterrent will cut most of it out in weeks.