1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Doncaster

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Mar 23, 2017.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Don't say things like that Joe or you'll have the Mansfield Marauder on your trail.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thanks Joe.....I've had to fit in 24 hrs of fun in only 23 hrs today.....damn clocks.

3. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Just goes to show that during his time with us, we made him the player he is today :) <cheers>

4. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Have you put fergie on your list :emoticon-0146-punch.. That fat pig at mansfield is a jock as well

5. Greenarmyjoe

Well plym at least it was lighter for you .. hope you never partied to hard <party>

6. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Don't wind Sensible up Joe ! (that's my job :emoticon-0136-giggl) He already despises Steve Evans at Mansfield, and the prat who manages Orient. He should definitely add the utterly classless Nathan Jones of Luton (he's on my hate list !).

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I forgive Fergie as he couldn't have stood a chance of turning out any other way than he has given the parentage. I might change my mind though and forget the list. I'll just add every other Manager to it so as not to show bias.

When he played for you Wooperts you said he was ok but got caught out by nippy players when the ball was played behind him. Clearly WE have taught him how not to get caught and he is fast approaching player of the season with his first class performances having been taught all week what he should do as opposed to what he shouldn't. If I bump into him I'll see if I can get him to pass on the training video to Cook.

8. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Darren Ferguson is a poor loser.....complaining about lucky Argyle......multiply that luck by twelve Darren.....can we be that lucky winning all those games away.....maybe you've missed something in how we do it......you might of scored 75 league goals this season.....but none against Argyle and no points out of six.

9. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

They don't learn do they? There was nothing lucky about that or our other away performances. Adams sets the team out to allow space in their half and asks the opposition what they can do with it. It wasn't an awful lot yesterday. Adams isn't paid to entertain the casual TV viewer but to get us out of this league. That's exactly what he's doing.

My MoM was Fox - so calm in that midfield battleground, always finds the simple pass and one vital interception in the 6 yard box after the ball got behind everyone else. Much as he's played well all season, Trelkeld struggles on his wrong foot at LB. Let's have Sawyer back if possible and use Threlkeld in place of Songo'o in midfield as required.

Let's not drop the ball at home on Saturday.

Hope Pompey go up WITH us. Local (for us), big crowds etc etc.

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  10. notDistantGreen

PS getting p**d off at the kicking Carey is getting in most games now with refs turning a blind eye to what's pretty obvious intimidation. Good job he's a battler as well as a wizard.

11. notDistantGreen

Interesting isn't it? Before the game, Ferguson said:

"It'll be a very similar game to the one at their place, they'll sit off us and try and play on the counter attack – which they're very good at. There is no doubt that the first goal will be crucial."

Regrettably, he didn't seem to have the wit to do anything about it, did he?

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Are you trying to get Darren Ferguson on here to retaliate notdistant? You keep chipping away.

Your posts are the whole point having said that. That's what we do and how we do it. Ferguson knew that before a ball was kicked. His team knew that before a ball was kicked. We knew that before a ball was kicked. After Liverpool the whole fecking nation knew that before a ball was kicked. His response was........................(roll on drums).............nothing, zero, diddly squat, zip. He couldn't find a way around it as a fair few other managers haven't this season. All he can do , a bit like Evans at Mansfield, is moan.

I have always said that in away matches it is the job of the home team to provide what should be the bulk of the audience with entertainment. It is not the job of the away team to just throw themselves at the mercy of the opposition to oblige.

13. Greenarmyjoe

He is like evans in size as well.. two fat jocks or jerks<hug>