1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Exeter

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Mar 31, 2016.

1. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Home or away GAJoe?

2. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Who knows about Boateng's contact maybe just play him in a desperate cause ie. slight injury perhaps ...seems odd indeed as Plym said. :huh: .......bollox to yesterday so annoying so see you at tea time. ....:emoticon-0105-wink:

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've just read some comments made by Adams where he gives a glowing thumbs up to Houghton and made him "head and shoulders" the MOM for yesterday and best player on the park by a mile.

I'm beginning to think old Derek reads the forums. There has been so many questions about his tactics and especially leaving out Boateng. Now if Boateng were to play I'd guess that probably Houghton wouldn't. This sort of smells a bit of getting in a defence. The sort of thing I mean is "I can't pick Boateng because my other capture who I do pick is playing better than anyone and it's not his fault we lost". There have been a number of post match comments during this more recent spell of poor results and performances which have lent towards answering a common criticism with a not my fault either sort of story. He seems to see magic performances where other people, who aren't professional coaches and therefore know nothing anyway, don't see the same thing.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Been looking at the match video......how did the ball get past McCormick for the first goal....hard to understand how he missed it....poor quality picture ......or is it my laptop......the second is hard to follow.....did it get a deflection or not....hard to decide.......McCormick was left flat footed whatever happen.

5. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

I know Plym video not clear indeed but must have caught the camera men out....goals out of nowhere!

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I saw it on the local news tonight. Only my opinion but it looks like he didn't even see it till it had gone past. Case of when the sun gets in your eyes. Not sure if it took a deflection from the camera angle but it didn't exactly loop over him as go just over his head. On another day he would have saved it comfortably which is why I think he couldn't see it. The first was a complete howler and he saves those for fun normally. So it looks like Luke 2 Argyle nil.

7. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Think he got the post match comments from Sheridan!! He was never to blame either.. They pick the the team and can change the team.. we have 3 subs...

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Whopeeeee!!!! We beat Exeter today in the St Luke's Bowl. I'm sure everyone will be gratified by that 1 - 0 scoreline. Makes all the difference doesn't it.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

.....and Hiram Boateng got 70 mins ?

10. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Yes, seemingly he wasn't match fit when he returned, which might explain (in part) why he wasn't picked. (According to DA). He also got clobbered last night but no one seems to know if this will affect his availability for Saturday.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Strange that he wasn't match fit....he came on as a sub in the Premiership and play most of a U21 (?) match the Tuesday before coming back.....is League 2 that more demanding ?

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I'm with you plym I don't buy he wasn't fit unless by that he meant he had an injury rather than in terms of couldn't run for 90 minutes. Then again League 2 probably is more demanding.

13. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

If he was unfit surely Palace would not have sent him out? Or why send him out to warm a bench? Its a mystery.. but hopefully he is ok and starts the next game.. as we need the 3 points.. I think with the next 3 games we will get 7 points.. Off to place a bet .. pompey will be the draw.. :emoticon-0102-bigsm