1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Exeter

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Feb 7, 2017.

1. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Miss Exeter not that bad....although still hung from last night lol! Anyway got the belly pork in the oven and preparing the veggies for tea. Life is good sometimes eh! Must admit a surprising result as thought would have been much closer. COYG!

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Has anyone watched the goals on C5 football show? I watched it again today and the keeper's challenge looked even worse than it did in real time. It was shocking. If he had caught Jervis he would have taken both legs off at the knee. How on earth the Ref didn't issue a Red for that I just don't know. If you haven't seen it have a look.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Pages of comment on Pym's challenge on pasoti.....there is a 'still frame' of it as well......Jervis was very fortunate not to have been seriously injured.....the picture looks terrible and Pym's action is undefendable....lucky not to have received a straight red.

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Not so much a potential broken leg but a potential castration. How is that not a red card?

Other 2 goals are corkers though.

5. notDistantGreen

It's the new "no double jeopardyW rule, isn't it? No red card for a foul where a penalty is given. But that's not a foul, that's attempted GBH!

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think the double jeopardy rule is not meant to stop a red if a red is needed. That challenge gets worse every time I see it. Every challenge so far this season I've seen even remotely close to that has been a red. All the pundits comment about not being in control and how it's nailed on when it happens in the prem. Whilst I think the Ref and linos had a decent game on Saturday he absolutely bottled that one. Too late now though because the Ref acted on the day and because he gave the yellow it cannot be reviewed. In fairness to the Exeter fans they are not trying to defend him. They are just grateful not to lose him for 3 games.

7. notDistantGreen

It would certainly have been a red had it not been the keeper....