1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Leyton Orient

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Apr 18, 2016.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not sure it's worth doing a matchday thingy for this one as I guess nobody is going to be there. Still just so any comments are in one place......

This is another one we are supposed to lose on form, probability etc etc. Nothing to lose then in going for it. I'm not building any hopes up because having done so several times only to be brought back to earth with a bump in the next match it is getting tedious now. I hope Adams doesn't go all cagey again and literally goes all out. They have to leave nothing in the locker in every game now. I think tomorrow night will tell us more what our chances are or aren't along with some of the other sides involved. I fear for one or two on the Bristol board who I think might just spontaneously combust before the season is over.

2. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've just checked out the Ref for tomorrow nights match given all the moaning and groaning in the Prem about where Refs come from and who they support. The Ref comes from West Sussex. That's practically in Leyton isn't it? Well I think it's close enough to raise some concern. If it's good enough for the Prem then it's good enough for us.<doh>

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

West Sussex must be nearly half way between Plymouth and NE London.....so he'll do for me.....the Ref just needs to treat both sides equally.....where he comes from is not important.

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Apparently it is if you are a premiership team plym. If moaning is good enough for them then it's good enough for us.

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Sussex is beyond Taunton so technically it's in Northern England.

Yes, I know Sky Sports, Mother or All Evil, Spawn of Lucifer etc but if you watched the Leicester v West Ham game on Sunday you'll know S**t Referees aren't confined to the lower leagues. Like us, Leicester are now accused of failing to control their players when it's the ref who should be charged with failing to control a football match.

I'm unquietly confident about this one. Spirits must be high after Saturday and surely that's half the battle at this stage. Orient don't have a brilliant recent record: only 1 win and 3 defeats in 5 compared to 3 wins out of 5 for us (yes, I know, it doesn't feel like that). The question is, what team will he pick? Reid and Wylde for me please.

6. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Yes i saw that ref, he would have fitted in well at League 2.. he should be removed from the list in all divisions and told to get a job.. Disgrace.. Now Vardy has to suffer and it will let Spurs in the door.. <party>Not many good referees these days in any division.. Mr Oliver in the prem is decent as was his dad.. I have to say that as his Sister used to look after my son when we needed some support at home.. Hope fully the ref wont get the headlines Tonight! Perhaps Reid may bang a hatrick..

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well that ends and almost perfect day. Firstly went to Brother-in-Laws and had lunch and good laugh and chat. Then went to pub with No'1 son and his family and had a nice steak, great laugh with the kids who were in top cheeky form. Then came home and sat here watching Argyle wollop Leyton Orient at their place. Some decent result that one. They can't do anymore than take 6 points from 2 very difficult games in the run in. Couple of other reasonable results for us and we end the night level on points with the 3rd place. Guaranteed a play off place minimum which in fairness I don't want to be taking up. Think maybe Portsmouth fell off the tail tonight. Bizaar result at York who nobody would have predicted. I keep telling people that this league is impossible to predict.

8. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Two more wins should do it.......and I take all the criticism of Jake Jervis back!

9. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Just have to get as many points as we can now and hope for the best...impressive result though! ...:emoticon-0162-coffe having a nice cuppa. :emoticon-0136-giggl

10. notDistantGreen

Don't know how you "watched" it Sensible but apparently the lino gave Orient their penalty. If we had linos who acted on all the incidents we've seen from the stands this season, we'd be ahead of Northampton. Still, all's well that ends well.

We need to go up automatically because with 2 more injuries tonight we won't be able to put a side out soon. Seems Purrington did well again, including the bar with a cheeky chip shot - just as well, he may get a run of games now,

11. Greenarmyjoe

He watched it on his wireless! :emoticon-0103-cool: or have you got a stream for the game? Great result, hope we wallop dagenham saturday and tricky one away before we seal it at home.. 6 points from nine will do us but be happy with 9 :embarrassed:

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I watched the scores would be more accurate on my computer and on the telly as they happened. Even I know you can only watch home games on the radio Joe so don't be silly.

These linos are classic aren't they. See absolutely feck all for 90% of the season and then spot everything even if it doesn't happen for the other 10. I did get a little worried when it went 2 - 1 to be honest and was waiting for the whistle to go. Relaxed when it went 3 - 1 though. I think there are a few looking for a bit of forgiveness with Jervis hating tonight lyndhurst.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I think I've mentioned it once or twice.....that goals win matches.....the dizzy heights of THREE tonight.....it takes the pressure off the defence.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

You didn't even get your score time on the predictions in the right half of the game so what do you know plymborn?:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0170-ninja:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0170-ninja:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0170-ninja:emoticon-0169-dance (that's the Argyle Angels from a distance)

15. notDistantGreen

I you want further evidence s**t officials are endemic, watch Manchester City's goal at Newcastle last night. Tell me what else the lino does at free kicks around the box other than watch for offside. Aquero is no less than 4 yards offside when the kick is taken, puts it in and lo and behold, the goal stands. I despair.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

They scored in the 47th minute.....moral victory to me I think.....:smiley-finger007:.....:emoticon-0172-mooni.

17. Greenarmyjoe

Thats because they are all corrupt officials who want Man city to win the league.. not this season tho.. hope fully they wont qualify for CL? shame west ham could do get above those northern clubs.. We will get a **** official for sure saturday

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Is that **** for good Joe......:emoticon-0184-tmi:.