1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Leyton Orient

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Sep 26, 2016.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We go into this one still undefeated in lord knows how many now and what happens, they sack their manager. What could possibly go wrong...........

Our record against them is not a bad one and we won the last encounter there. Mind you that was with a completely different squad of players so I don't suppose that helps. All these games are hard games no matter who we are playing and you certainly won't find me taking anything for granted.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Shame this is a Tuesday night game.....If it had been a Saturday game I would of gone.....too much hassle on a mid-week evening trying to get back by public transport.

Both my regular games have gone.....AFC Wimbledon and Dag & Red.

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Sacked their manager but no replacement yet, so hopefully we won't catch the rebound.......

4. notDistantGreen

Garita travelled apparently but hasn't made the bench let alone the starting 11.

There's no Fox either but both Spencer and Goodwillie are in.

4:1:3:2 then?

Miller
    Bulvitis
    Bradley
    Purrington

Songo'o

Jervis
    Smith
    Carey

Spencer
    Goodwillie

or is it 4:3:3?

Smith
    Song'o
    Carey

Jervis
    Spencer
    Goodwillie

5. notDistantGreen

Orient red card after 20 seconds!

6. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Second red card after 14 mins....Jens Janse........winning 1-0 at the moment

8. notDistantGreen

14 mins gone. PAFC 1-0 up and Orient down to 9 yes 9 men. Have I started to hallucinate?

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've just switched my computer on and was gobsmacked at the state of game so far. What the feck is going on here? Doesn't say much on the beeb except both were results of fouls. 20 Seconds must be some record.

10. notDistantGreen

Orient captain sent off for 1st tackle of game on Purrington. Second one probably a complete figment of refs imagination.

Orient fans are chanting One nil, one nil, it's only one nil. How **** are you, it's only one nil.

Class

11. notDistantGreen

Possession stats are reported as Carey 75%, 25% bar. Orient playing an adventurous 3:3:2.

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I'm still not completely going to get carried away with this one. If things can go that badly for Orient then they can go just as down hill for us in the second half. According to pasoti we are not playing well...

13. notDistantGreen

Probability of ref finding an excuse to send one of ours off is high.....

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

You have to wonder if this is the players expressing an opinion in a dramatic way to their owner sacking the manager. Seems a bit suss having 2 off in such a short time without it being a fight or similar.

15. notDistantGreen

Certainly a bizarre way to play the game...

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well that's it and a 2 - 0 win with 3 points. Portsmouth lost and Doncaster drew so that's points gained. They seemed to make hard work of this one given the sendings off. Second scored quite late on. Adams no doubt will get manager of the month for being undefeated. No others have that record. The main thing is the win so stuff the how and why bit.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

5 pts clear at the top.....isn't that the same as last season....before the crash.

Disappointed with the result.....a good chance to improve our goal difference....but we where unable to do it.....we seem to be depending on our new defence.....just like last season.

Playing against ten men can be difficult....but come on, against nine men should give us tons of space to have a man spare to score a goal.

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Plym do you think you could stem your "disappointment" and look at the bigger picture of 8 wins from the last 9 games? To read some of the comments around this evening you would think we just got stuffed ourselves.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I'm sorry that I am a disappointment to you sensible.....but we did have an opportunity of improving our goal difference against a side that lost their last home game to a poor Yeovil side 1-0 and their last away game 3-1.........we are the lowest scorers in the top eleven in this division.....so we are depending on our defence who are the best in this league (big smile)....only giving away seven goals in our first ten league games.....and four of those came in our first two games.....I shall try harder to be more optimistic in future......although I do admit I'm very disappointed im my prediction record this season....my worst by far.....how could anyone predict that Wycombe would have beaten a good Crewe side 5-1....mad.

20. notDistantGreen

Playing against a 9 man defence isn't easy and it appears the Orient keeper was heroic. Adams is a cautious manager and didn't replace defensive Songo'o with the more perceptive passer Fox until the hour was up. The win was achieved with out Garita, who looks to be the most dynamic striker we've had since I don't know when. Having said that, Spencer scored off an assist from Goodwillie, so let's hope for more of that.

He's brought another 3 points home on the coach and we're now 5 points clear. Approaching the end of the 1st quarter of the season, even including a poor start, we're heading towards 101 points. Life's not that simple or predictable of course but we can hardly complain about progress to date. We may not always be as attractive to watch as were were at times last season but we do look robust and I think we'll be hard to beat.

I don't believe a new squad has played as well as it can at all yet this season and yet here we are. Clearly we are going to lose one soon but equally, somebody's going to get a thrashing off us at some point.