1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Morecambe

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Mar 24, 2016.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well it's going to be a cliff hanger weekend for sure. I was almost tempted to do a visit to the Morecambe area this weekend. My late Dad came from near that neck of the woods and there is still family in and around. I haven't been up there in a long time though and in the end decided not to.

It's probably back to the old team for tomorrow and the expectation will be sky high. Probably higher than it should be in reality but then again we are football supporters after all and seldom let anything remotely close to reality get in the way. But, we need a result our way and hopefully a couple of others to go for us as well. 3 points would be a huge boost to the fans and team. Everyone is happy that Boateng is back in the room so this week has been ok so far. Fingers crossed it is then....

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed indeed, and toes. I'm very happy Boateng is back but also concious that one player doesn't make a team and can't be expected to. Maybe all the others were simply playing better back before Christmas and we've pinned the subsequent decline in Boateng's absence and not that real reason.

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

One player can make a huge difference though notdistant. He can be the key to the set up and the things he does that the others don't gives space and time to team mates. If we don't make it I won't blame him though.

4. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Sure it will be a positive performance but need to be ruthless in front of goal!

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well cracking start for Argyle with numerous chances and most on target. One goal to show for it but then seemed to sit back and let Morecambe back into it. Recognise that scenario. Moecambe with a player sent off at the end of the half for a shocking tackle. Just seen in on Sky news. Right Argyle lets go in the second half and don't fanny about.

Rest of the results so far are pretty much going for the top sides so that bit not so good news.

6. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

He never played? But pleased for the new signings to score in a thoroughly deserved victory, shame the others won.....

7. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Both goals scored by newbies.....why can't the others score....Reid in particular.....against ten men for half the game... we should of scored more to improve our goal difference compared with Rovers.

8. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

This is Argyle Plym. ...nothing makes sense at all but we did win. As said on another thread Rovers are hot at the moment!

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Christ almighty plym are you never satisfied? You moaned like **** that the strikers weren't scoring and we should sign more. We sign more and they score, which surely was the object of the exercise and still you aren't happy with that. Personally I don't care if the lino scores for us as long as somebody does, We had to win the game, we won the game, job done.

10. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

According to the fans who made it to through the traffic to the game, Reid played well in the first half at least. Never mind who scored, we played two up front and it worked: Mr. Adams please take note.

We also went without Tanner and Wylde. I'm a fan of both, particularly Wylde, but they aren't the biggest. We had bit more muscle with McHugh and Houghton in midfield and two 6ft strikers. A good big one is always better than a good small one as they say.

Onwards and upwards: it's a shame we've slipped back to 4th but perhaps this is a turning point. Suddenly with Houghton, Boateng and Mchugh fighting for 2 central midfield spots I think we look a lot more robust.

11. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Hope we take our recent bad spell out on York......3pts needed and nothing less! Time to be Savages Argyle! :emoticon-0165-muscl