1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Morecambe

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Nov 24, 2016.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thank god for that, it's an away game............

I was almost tempted to do a trip up for this one. It's the closest place to where my Dad came from and I might have included a bit of down memory lane by visiting the nearby village. I resisted it and after the last 2 home games where we might have realistically expected 4 points out of 6 and got none, maybe it was a good idea.

Everyone I talk to about Argyle at the moment is going on and on about this being a mirror image of last season. This is the point in the season where we start to unravel. The point is that this is an entirely new squad of players or at least the best part of a new team anyway. There is no history with most of them because they simply weren't here. We have had a few injuries which have clearly disrupted the side but I don't honestly think this is a crisis situation just yet. Our away form has been exceptional this season so far. As I've said about the run of games previously, the run is going to come to an end at some point so we cannot expect to turn up and bank the points in any of these games. Morecambe are in mid(ish) table and we are still top. We can win this one so I'm going to be optimistic. Lets start another run going.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I agree: we were bound to lose sometime and provided it isn't made into a crisis, it isn't a crisis.

I see Sonny Bradley has said the defence is to blame for the two defeats. I'm afraid he's right. Why we don't put someone on the back post at deadballs, I don't know. Look back over video clips and see how many we've conceded that way.

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Here we go again........one down to a penalty given away by Millar. Gonna be another long afternoon I think.

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Threkeld for the equaliser so 1 - 1 and all to play for again. Geddon bheys...........

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Back to "bollox" again. Slew sent off for second bookable. Gonna be a long afternoon.........again.

6. notDistantGreen

And another conceded from a corner. 2-1 down, 10 men only ...

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Even bigger bollox and I think game over for today. 2 - 1 down and down to 10 men so off the top tonight I think.

8. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

What the hell is going on again. ...seemed to have lost it well and truly!

9. notDistantGreen

Ball in the net twice for PAFC but both disallowed: first for pushing (when do we get a penalty for defenders pushing then?) the other for offside.

10. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Who can go on a record unbeaten run whatever then lose three on the trot....only Argyle can...LOL! <doh>

11. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

To put a different spin on it, it just highlights what an outstanding start we had without playing particularly well. Despite 3 defeats we remain 7 points clear of 4th which as I keep on saying, is all that matters.

12. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So seven home defeats verses seven away wins.....the fickled finger of fate decided that result for sure.

How can a side that are supposed to be high in confidence end up losing 7-1 to three mid-table teams.

13. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Beats me Plym......maybe unrest in camp?

14. colu_mike

colu_mike Active Member

Oops what happened?:eek:<yikes><yikes> At this rate even we're going to overtake you lolz! <laugh>

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

colu, I know you are deluded and lonely on your board all by yourself but even you don't really believe what you just posted.

The radio said the red was for simulation. That's another first for this league I think. So the penalty was a "push". Remind me again that it's not allowed in the box without conceeding a pen. What have I been watching all season at Home Park then? Last Tuesday somebody tried to remove Jervis's legs from around the knee and that was considered a fair tackle. Nothing if not consistent this lot aren't they. To be honest I'm getting a bit fed up talking about the officials. We seem to get nothing from any of them.

I don't know what to make of the last 8 days to be fair. You can see why people are looking back to last season at the minute. Maybe the injuries have shown that the squad isn't as strong as we first thought and the ones not playing previously are not good substitutes.

16. notDistantGreen

The Herald is saying that rather than a 2nd yellow for Slew, it looked more like a penalty. Slew definitely touched the ball away from the keeper, who missed it altogether while sliding in with both feet. It was in the ref's quarter of the pitch, so there as no linesman to see and the ref was behind play and couldn't possibly have seen whether the keeper touched Slew or not. We aren't getting much luck with the W****** In The Black are we?

Also still can't defend deadballs....

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I watched the football on 5 programme to see what it was all about. The first goal for them you couldn't see anything let alone a push. The camera was pointing straight into bright sunlight. So that's one I can't comment on. The sending off looked totally wrong. Argyle must appeal it even if the scoreline can't be altered now. There is no way on this earth the Ref could have seen that as a dive even if it was a dive. It looked a nailed on penalty to me and the keeper should have been booked. He made no contact with the ball whatsoever. That is two games on the trott now that I cannot for the life of me see what the Ref thought he could. It's just plain incompetence and Adams should complain to the FA. These sorts or decisions are more than a little important to clubs like us.

I agree with your last line notdistant but on this occasion the result was more down to other circumstances than the normal bad defending a cross.

18. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Very poor video quality...as sensible says....first goal viewed into dazzling floodlights......sending off too far away to come to any conclusion...but looked like contact with goalkeeper more than a dive....hope we get something better to look at to decided how fair that Refs decisions were.