1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Notts County

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Feb 26, 2017.

1. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

I think that is all true sensible. The atmosphere was very odd almost from before kick off-it was as if a fair proportion were expecting us to do badly so they could revel in the 'same old Argyle' collapse. Will be glad to get Saturday and Tuesday out of the way- not least because I will be less busy(!) but more that the pressure will be off the players. I actually think that our biggest problem was the size of the lead over 4th leading the players into a false sense of security. When promotion is seriously threatened and we have to start to really fight for results I think we will be much better, and limp over the line - Just my theory of course.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I went on to pasoti after typing all of that and there is a thread full of similar on there. Having said the crowd should back the players of course it is still the job of the players to perform. It isn't totally the crowd at fault but I just wish some would complain when there is really something to complain about rather than look for something that isn't or wasn't there.

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've just watched a video on pasoti from utube. It shows the non penalty decision with Slew just past 9 mins on it. That has got to be a blatant penalty and I cannot see how it wasn't. There is a bloke who calls himself Lundan Cabbie who posts on pasoti who is trying to say Slew deliberately made contact with the bloke on the floor and the one standing didn't touch him. He has to be fecking blind if he can't see it was the standing player who took the legs away. All you have to do is look at the Notts players around. They all know it's a penalty by their reactions. I can't do links but it is on pasoti if you want to see it.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've been looking at that penalty moment slide by slide and it is hard to see exactly which County player Slew made contact with.....the view is on the blind side of the action.....did Slew get his legs involved with the first player or did he get chopped down by the second player.....you cannot see from the camera position if there was any contact with the second player.....at full speed it looks a possible contact....but slide by slide it doesn't look conclusive......the Referee had a better position than the camera view that we had....he could see if there was any contact with the second player far better from his position and decided that Slew made a thing of contact with the first Notts player. We have seen situations like that ending up with a penalty....but Argyle ain't getting that sought of luck.....personally they should not of needed a penalty, they should have scored before that but seemed to be inept against struggling teams.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I sit on the opposite side of that camera angle and it looked like the upright player tripped him all day long. I thought that on the night and I can't see anything on that clip to change that view. I don't get the "should not have needed a penalty" comment plym. If it's in play and a penalty then it should be a penalty whether they need it or not. Did you look at the Notts players as suggested? They all thought it was a penalty if you look at their expressions. Not one went to Slew telling him to get up either. The players know what it should be. I don't think Argyle deserved much on Tuesday but deserving or not that should not dictate a decision. By my reckoning that is 4 penalties and 3 red cards Refs have failed to give us when due over the last few games. That costs in the end. I have yet to see a "homer" referee this season although some of them are as bright as Homer (Simpson). Seen quite a few away Refs though.

6. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What I meant sensible was that we should have scored earlier in the match.....not have to depend on..... is it or isn't it a penalty.... to get a paltry point.....we had gift wrapped them 3 pts earlier....only our on fault in the end that we didn't get anything out of this match.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It's not depending on a penalty plym. If it should have been then it should have been and that's all that counts not whether a team deserves it or not. I would have taken that paltry point thanks. I said already that we didn't particularly deserve anything from the game but we did deserve that penalty because it was one.