1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Very unlucky result and still proud of the lads - My thoughts on Arsenal game

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Darth Tash, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

^^ ^^
    Beelin!

2. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

You're becoming rather tiresome albert and I think you should keep your trap out of it sometimes! The individual I aimed that message at was the obe getting arsey simply because I disagreed with his beelin about what was a definate red.

J. J. McClure likes this.
  3. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Never a red card. Backed up by numerous ex pros that have actually played the game at the highest level. To honest, their opinion matters more than a bunch of amateur refs that interpret the rules literally. Mitrovic had his eyes on the ball and went for the ball,not the man. It was a strikers tackle; clumsy and late. Nothing more. It will get overturned on appeal and all these people that are adamant is a red will look rather silly.

4. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Was referring to the fact that you are always critical and always say the unpopular opinion to get a reaction. Also it wasn't a definite red. Whether people think it was a red or not doesn't change the fact that the lad needs to rein it in. I'm pretty sure he was going for the ball, the foot wasn't as a high as some are making out, yellow card for me. Plenty of bad refereeing in other games with players being wrongly sent off as well.

5. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

He needs to be sensible. But, he shouldn't curb his natural game.

6. Captainchaos.

Incorrect i say what i think

7. Captainchaos.

I'll make no bones about it I've never liked you or your opinion but ill agree to disagree but remember just because you don't agree doesn't mean im disagreeing deliberately.

8. Captainchaos.

I disagree

9. Captainchaos.

You get me

Peace

10. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Beelin' overdrive

11. Captainchaos.

You know i love you albert and as for the rest of you having a go at me lets just see how things play out and move on.

12. Maximin Effort

Maximin Effort Well-Known Member

Boo-ya! Makes up for not being on top of the injury league table. Champions!

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  13. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Oh well at least we have the same opinion of each other <laugh>. Every opinion I've heard is negative on Newcastle, a bit bizarre for someone who claims to be a Newcastle fan. I know Arsenal fans who think it was a wrong call and the ref helped them out, I know Newcastle fans who think it was a red. Suggests to me it wasn't a blatant mistake to me, or a blatant error.

anyobrien and Sheikh_of_Araby like this.
  14. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

Only at Newcastle would a team get one Red Six Yellow in 19th position, unable to score goals ( Fairly important) and still be praised, sometimes you have to face up to reality

15. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

You would need to see your beloved NUFC in person to probably understand.
    One day Fredor.............

16. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Pop him on ignore mate if he gets on ur tits.

17. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just picked up on this thread and it gets quite surreal at times. Am I mistaken or at one stage is Panthro actually disagreeing with himself. Anyway it all makes good reading. I think that the majority of us sit in that middle ground where we can see the improvement in quality and commitment from the end of last year. However there is still a way to go and a lack of disicipline doesnt help as it weakens the team for two reasons -
    1) the players on yellows cannot be as committed for the rest of the game
    2) key players are going to be missing at various times due to suspensions
    There are alwasy going to be mistimed tackles that pick up yellows but we have to cut out the stupid deliberate pulling, blocking etc unless there really is a goal at stake.
    There are positions where we still lack quality and depth - left back being one of them and centre-half another and I would suspect that will now continue until at least January.
    Another big issue we have is shoe horning the better players that we have into a formation and style that suits them. Most of the quality that we do have resides in midfield but getting the balance between defensive midfielders and attacking midfielders is difficult. Still think the lack of a visionary deep, ball-playing midfielder is going to cost us this season.
    Think the true test of where we are up to will come in the next couple of games. Do we have enough to hold West Ham and then hit them on the break and are we prepared to swap our midfield round to take the game to Watford. Don't have a problem with Mitrovic being suspended for the West Ham game - would prefer to see Perez there anyway, particularly away from home. Would like to see us go 5-3-2 against West Ham (Janmaat, Mbemba, Colo, Saylor, Haidara, Colback, Anita, Wijnaldum, Sissoko and Perez) and then switch to 4-4-1-1 for Watford (Janmaat, Mbemba, Colo, Dummett, Aarons, Wijnaldum, Colback, Sissoko, Thauvin, Perez/Mitrovic).

18. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Surely that straight red is a 3 game ban for Mitrovic? So not in contention for Watford or Sheff Wed?

On the tackle, what makes me think it was a red was the little hop, mid-motion, to make sure he came down on the player's ankle. He will have to be careful on 50/50 tackles when he plays in the future because all the refs already know from 127 minutes of playing in the league that he's a dirty bastard who tries to hurt players. 2 yellows and a red in 127 minutes is unacceptable. If anyone's watched the You Tube clips of him, you'll also know that his goal celebration is pretty disgusting too. His attitude seems to 'wide of the mark'. Other than that I think he could be a great player for us, with his size, strength, heading ability.

19. TurkeyToon

TurkeyToon Active Member

Well I watched the game over here in Istanbul and it panned out pretty much as I thought it would, apart from red card. I know McClaren said he wanted us to get at them early but that was unlikely to happen. I though we would weather the storm for 15-20 minutes then slowly come into the game, which was starting to happen until the sending off. It was a rash challenge but not malicious. It really hard to change the direction your foot is going in if the opposing player moves if you are not a trained defender or tackler. Mitrovic is a striker, not a tackler, and it was a strikers tackle, clumsy. After that we didnt have a chance of winning that game, 0-0 would be the best we could hope for, especially when the player sent off is your lone striker and you dont have a similar replacement to bring on. I think we defended pretty well after that, the plan obviously being to hang onto 0-1 and hope we caught a break somewhere. We didnt but if we had thrown caution to the winds we would have shipped a few more I think. McClaren has obviously decided we need to stop shipping loads of goals and it was a half decent defensive performance. I still think we are a striker and a defender short and we lack a bit of creativity in the middle.

On the plus side my newly adopted team. Besiktas, are top of the Turkish Super League over here so its not all doom and gloom.

Who is Panthero by the way, a Mr T clone?

20. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Panthro is Mr T's alter ego.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.