1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Vicente Iborra

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Jul 3, 2017.

1. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Feeling very positive about this one - real quality addition IMHO <ok>

Lcfcfox1 and Jack Lesterfan like this.
  2. BuzzardFoxMick

BuzzardFoxMick Well-Known Member

Yes looking good.... still need some more quality in defence and up top.

3. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

What a brilliant signing this is, we've been crying out for someone like him since the start of last season. I really wanted us to sign Silva but I'd not seen him play he just sounded like a good fit to me but having seen Iborra several times for Sevilla in La Liga and against us, I'm well happy we've got him and for less than half the price. Well done to our recruitment team here, very impressed.

Ilheanacho next and our plan seems to be coming along nicely.

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  4. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Been looking at the training pics - what immediately strikes me is that Iborra is an imposing physical specimen - we lacked the ability to impose ourselves on games last season - him and Ndidi together should help resolve that - he's also pretty good technically, if memory serves <ok>

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  5. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I thought the same Fosse..we desperately needed someone of his stature and technical ability in the middle of the park. Hopefully he will help in us not giving the ball away so much!!!!

FosseFilberto likes this.
  6. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

I signed Iborra for my FIFA17 career mode and made him captain (managing/playing as Leicester of course) and his passing is sublime.

Obviously it's only a game but the balls I can play with him compared to Drinky for example are amazing. He wins everything in the air, very strong in the tackle, difficult to get the ball off and hardly gives a ball away even when I'm spreading it left to right, he's well accurate, plus he scores a few, especially from set pieces. He's also MOTM in pretty much every game.

As I said obviously it's only a game so let's not get too carried away but I guess it shows that FIFA recognises how good his passing is compared to other players and the difference is very noticeable.