1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Video replays...again I know.

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Feb 18, 2017.

1. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

Whether or not video replays for refs during matches should be introduced has been discussed on here many times. I, like others, have always thought it would slow the game down too much, and ruin the flow of a match. Then, this evening I watched this, and my mind has been changed...

If we could have swift, decisive decisions like this one, made by referees after just glancing up at big screens, then why not? Only issue is that not all clubs have big screens that show video, but most in the Premiership/Championship will have something that could be used to show replays.

Thoughts?

2. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Pretty grim Dave. On a Friday night outside a pub, that would get you arrested.

daverangers likes this.
  3. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Agree entirely dave but unfortunately you'd have the referring committee from say utd or Chelsea trying to persuade the ref how unfair such a thing is......this is too radical for football although video tech should be the norm to assist the officials......firstly goal line technology needs to be brought in all through the football league then they can advance to video assistance.....

daverangers likes this.
  4. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Yes and you get a $50 fine a 10 hours of community service if the judge was harsh.

5. TheBigDipper

TheBigDipper Well-Known Member

Agree. Why not? We know a ref can get it wrong in real time. The technology can help them get it right, surely?

Ninj likes this.
  6. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Is Barton going to get suspended for the slap the ref didn't see today because if he had instant replay he wouldve gotten a red (sorry cologne)

7. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Same old Joey. Poleaxed after lightly brushing his own head against a Burnley forearm.
    Almost a re-run of the City game though with less aggression - just.