1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Villa Bid for Kodjia

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  2. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

The Villa bid is not the one to worry about as I think they will struggle to bounce straight back given just how poor they were last season, so not sure JK would be all that interested, or at least not until deeper into Aug when our and their starts to the season can be assessed. It's the potential bids from Stoke, Boro and Villareal that may turn his head.

3. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

He finished the season well which helped us stay up, though I think Tomlin had the greatest influence, so to have Tomlin on board is brilliant.

There were several times, when we were struggling mid season, that I felt he looked un interested and that was at a time when he had a barren spell. All strikers do go through that, but right then I would have snapped someone's hand off for £5m.

I said somewhere before that he is worth £8m but no more and maybe if he does go we would get somewhere between £5m and £8m. We would probably never know as it could be undisclosed and made up of various add ons.

With more prolific finishing, he could quite easily be worth up to £20m, The club dont need to sell him which is great but agents etc could have an unwelcome influence.

4. Premiershiporbust IV

Premiershiporbust IV Active Member

It would also have been extremely silly of Angers NOT to have built in a sell-on clause (?) so at £5m, we would probably end up with a couple of mill max...

5. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

6. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

As soon as I saw the story my initial thought was "they need to double that offer for us to even consider selling him, and that's before we install add ons"

Villa fans may not be aware of the fact that our owner is richer than there's, and given he has so long left on his contract we don't need to consider piddly amounts like that. Especially considering we were happy to fork out 9 million on Gray last year!

Plus he struggled to settle personally in his first year he's not about to go through that again by going to an even more bleak part of the country!!

Red Robin likes this.
  7. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

He needed a season to settle down (a courtesy barely allowed by some of our finest!) He is the elusive 20 a year goal scorer we are constantly looking for and if we are truly serious about making headway in the division we should be doing everything to keep him.

If things work out he could be worth double or treble £10m in just 12 months time.

Keeping him is a no brainer.

The only issue is if his head is turned..

ibodyslamrhinos likes this.
  8. Red Robin

The club need to pay him on a performance base, i-e every goal you score we will give you x ,or if we get promoted we will give you x.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  9. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

He's also an international for one of the best African nations as well now! And after this he will no doubt be selected more and more;

banksyisourhero likes this.
  10. Red Robin

That costs a lot of money.12 million or go away and sell on clauses should be put in place.
    Tomlin and him could cause destruction this year.

ibodyslamrhinos likes this.

11. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Expect Baker has told Villa first hand of Kodija's talent.

12. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

He probably sees the potential as a winger like RR :emoticon-0105-wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2016