1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Crystal Palace (H)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Aug 16, 2017.

1. LuisDiazgamechanger

Palace wanted us to play narrow, they dealt beautifully with crosses, and the goal eventually came from centre.

2. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Wut? Matip missed a sitter from a cross and so did Mane.

saintKlopp likes this.
  3. saintKlopp

God, I hope not.

carlthejackal likes this.
  4. LuisDiazgamechanger

Mane may not be a good header of the ball, but he is quick and can anticipate what is likely to happen better than many players.
    Result of his quick thinking was his goal against Everton and Crystal Palace.

5. moreinjuredthanowen

Robertson had more touches of the ball (134) vs. Palace than Wijnaldum did in all of the first three games combined (127).

6. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Missed the game lads, how did we do?

Following the score it seemed like more of the same.

Lots of chances but struggled to score.

How was the defending?

7. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Loftus-Cheek looked very good, if he can build on that performance he could become a top player. Had a bit of everything in his game.

Rorschach likes this.
  8. BobbyD

BobbyD President

he's rubbish. Suited for a lower premier league team

9. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

I think we deserved the victory, could have scored more but Hennessy(sp?) had a good game tbf.
    We need that creativity back in the midfield though, Lala being out aswell as the Couts stuff going on is not good.
    Our defending was ok, no more than that. Benteke had their best chance and blazed over when he should have scored.
    Anyway, 4 points is a reasonable start. Big game next weekend <ok>

Sharpe* likes this.
  10. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Yeah, yeah Bobby I'm onto you and feel that a cheeky bid would get a talented player. Palace are idiots if they don't slap a bid in to make it permenant, I would be quite happy with us being in for him.

BobbyD and carlthejackal like this.

11. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

He looked like the stand out player in Palace. His pass to Benteke could (should) have led to a goal. Good thing that benteke did his typical thing and shot over when it would have been easier to score.

Would have been a real test of our resilience if we had gone 1-0 down. Not sure we would have managed to break down a more resolute defence. But we survived. And we could do with a Loftus Cheek in our midfield.

12. BobbyD

BobbyD President

he's too raw. He might develop into something special but for some reason he's got all this hype from the press (maybe its beause he's big and supposedly "technical). I don't think he'll be anything special.

I much prefer Chalobah he apparantly has been bossing it at Watford minus missing a couple of sitters. RLC is a bit laboured and his awareness of players isnt that great or his touch. He's got the size to go DM but i don't think that's where he wants to play.

13. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

He also did the pass out to the left that resulted in a shot and he drove through two players in the middle at one point and got a free kick. One performance doesn't make a player but he certainly stood out and I wonder how much that performance would improve with good players around him.

14. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Like I just posted one performance doesn't mean much but he did look very good against us and it was his work through the middle and in the attack that caught the eye, he didn't look DM at all his passing and awareness was what stood out along with strength and pace.
    He would be a risk for us as a team looking at challenging at the top but one I wouldn't mind taking as I don't think he'd cost much in todays market. For Palace it should be a no brainer, spend your TV money and get him.

15. moreinjuredthanowen

ok.

1. palace tried parking the bus. seriously lacked ambition.

2. klavan coughed up a sitter by getting too tight and not in a good goal side position so he got rolled and let a guy down the sideline to square for benteke who blazed an easy chance over the top.

3. milner linked well with orbertson on left side. defensively they were ok but not really under any pressure. They might be a good combo.

4. goal was form a bad palace error. we created nothing before that.

5. when palace came out to play then we got 5/6 chances in15mins and failed to take any of them.

6. midifeld was dire... absolutely dire. no vision, no ability to hold shape, we are wide open on the counter cos not one of them will sit in and they have no vision at all.

7. palace were that bad they couldn't score against us.

Sharpe* likes this.
  16. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Or, we did ok nothing special but nothing terrible either, their keeper saved them from a spanking and we got 3 points.

organic red and Sharpe* like this.
  17. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Ta very much!

The fact we have points in the bag has been overshadowed by Couts.

Can't wait for that to be cleared up.

organic red likes this.
  18. moreinjuredthanowen

in the end their keeper saved them but before that it should probably have been a 0-0. they made a terrible error to present ball to mane who made no mistake.

We didn't need to go anything terrible, if beneteke had taken his one chance the pressure on LFC would have been terrible as it looked a 0-1 loss right then. It was a poor error form klavan.

it was palace were **** and tried for 0-0 and we broke the deadlock by exploiting the errors these **** sides usually do cough up at times. yes it could have bene 3 or 4 by the end but that just shows palace were not morons in seeking to defend first.

ok would be putting too much credit on us.

again. sturridge was poor for 60mins. slaha came o nand made a difference. firmino was pish as per with massed defences.. and our midfield was a shambles.. aside form that and against one of the worst side sin prem.. sure we did ok.

19. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Before that? That's a bit daft, at the end of the day Hennessey had a great 2nd half and saved them a spanking. Doesn't matter what happened before that.

We defended reasonably well and the one on one moment with Klavan and Loftus-Cheek was more down to good determined play from the midfielder than a blatant error from Klavan.

Robertson played well on his debut, Mane and Salah look dangerous.

I understand there is a lot to get right still but your assessment is overly bleak imo.

saintKlopp and organic red like this.
  20. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Big worry that is. Even with Couts we sometimes struggled last year.

Lallana, Salah and Couts could have been really potent this year.

Oh well.