1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Leicester (away)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Feb 12, 2017.

1. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

Hull beat us, we could only draw against Sunderland, Wolves beat us...

I'm telling you if we beat Leicester I'll strip naked on this forum. That's a promise.

Skylarker likes this.
  2. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

<laugh>........be afraid <diva>

3. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

Spurs probably thought the same before our game and one wonders if our players had this attitude when we played Burnley,Sunderland et al .
    Every game needs to be approached with the same attitude irrespective of the opposition.

4. saintKlopp

My biggest concern is that our players share your confidence that all we have to do is turn up and Leicester will roll over.

jenners04 and luvgonzo like this.
  5. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I suspect their confidence won't be great considering the run we've been on. Especially since that run as materialised because we haven't a clue how to break teams like Leicester down.

6. saintKlopp

Part of the problem, imo, is that we seem to think that quality will always prevail, and that when it gets tough we just keep plugging away in the hope that we'll eventually break through. There seems to be no sense of urgency when the game is two thirds over and we still haven't looked like breaking the opposition down.

7. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

There is no urgency four minutes into injury time, never mind the sixty minute mark <laugh>

8. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Or maybe that they overestimate the quality?

9. saintKlopp

No.

jenners04 and Lucaaas like this.
  10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Ok.

11. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

And you will post it here to confirm you've done it! Full frontal. Deal <ok>

wishiwasinliverpool likes this.
  12. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

The fault is not in the confidence in our superior quality. Which is a given. The fault is in trying for 90 minutes the same strategy when it was obvious after 30-45 minutes that it wouldn't work. That is for us to try Plans B and C :bandit:

13. moreinjuredthanowen

I think there are 2 issues.

1. Firmino is a useless striker in any game were space is tight. In short i think he's a work horse but actually has little quality

2. We have no real set piece to at least get a corner or a free and be confident of threatening goal. Taking a whipped corner or free seems beyond our vastly paid idiots. Coutinho aside who developed a little technique for corners this season. But there is only matip and he doesn't attack the ball really. he has the height but not the aggression. We need another couple guys of real threat in the air added to the side. (IMO)

with these two things sides seem very content to sit deep and narrow and laugh at us, confident that we will not score but also we are going to cough at least a couple of chances up the other end.

LFc need to score off set piece as it really is valuable part of game but also get firmino out of there and a real striker in who can actually score when a chance falls to them not just shoot as hard as possible right at the keeper.

14. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

BOOKMARKED

Skylarker likes this.
  15. Rubbersoul

Rubbersoul Well-Known Member

If Leicester get any sort of result against Seville then clearly motivation is a massive problem within the league. I feel the players think it will just sort itself out and the manager knows there's trouble.

16. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Are you actually concerned that the highlighted bold is a jinx? :bandit:

I agree with Carl though. We will win this one. <diva>

17. LuisDiazgamechanger

33m ago
    Leicester City v Liverpool: Late availability

• Supporters can purchase one ticket per qualifying supporter for up to a maximum of FOUR tickets per transaction.

ONLY IN THE EVENT THAT TICKETS REMAIN, tickets will then be available to Season Ticket holders, Members and Fan Card holders who recorded two or more Premier League away games during the 2015-16 season.

Tickets will be available online only from 3pm on Tuesday February 21.

Supporters can purchase one ticket per qualifying supporter for up to a maximum of FOUR tickets per transaction.

Tickets purchased during these sales are subject to availability on a first come, first served basis and no guarantee can be given that tickets will be available to all who apply.
    • http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/254601-leicester-city-v-liverpool-late-availability

18. moreinjuredthanowen

I would expect that the reality with Leicester is a complex mix of issues:

1. Grossly over paid certain players who didn't deserve it. take for example wes Morgan. he is 33 and was signed up last summer to a contract til 2019. thats 35/36 years old when any one could see he couldn't run 5 yards last year. he is not on big money according to various sites but it just goes to show

http://sportsmaza.com/football/leicester-city-players-salary/

I believe this understates vardy's contract which i think is >100k per week

I think this just shows a general lack of hunger there now. they should have been safely midtable looking at FA cup as a dream next step but are right at the bottom and out of all cups etc.

2. Some players wanted out and have not got moves like mahrez and i truly think he may just turn it on for 2/3 months to get in shop window but he's assured that leicester can't hold a club to ransom thats for sure.

3. The manager signed badly. All his signings were going forward and without kante and the ability to basically foul to hold players in set piece etc they have disintegrated at the back

I'm sure you all could add more to this and its just my opinion.

19. saintKlopp

Obviously.

I think we'll win as well, but I don't know it, none of us do - and a dismissive attitude to the opposition (from the players) often leads to a downfall.

20. LuisDiazgamechanger

I beleive we are going to win too, our game after Leicester is against Arsenal. Arsenal are going to have more than a week rest because their game against Southampton has been posponed. We are winning hopefully<ok>