1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Warnock the magician

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

He came he saw he conquered.
    There players wanted it more.
    One shot on target not good enough.
    Just shows what a pair of quality defenders can do when you stop Tammy.
    We were non existent going forward.

2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Warnock the magician .. NO clever at working out a teams weak point ... had ours to a tee ... first 45 minutes ..

3. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

Always awful the first game after a long break. No width today and got dragged into a physical contest instead
    of playing football. Bobby Reid needs a kick up the ass for missing that. Thought Joe was awful today, to many misplaced passes.
    Tomlin was the only one giving it a real go. On to the next game and a better performance with more urgency in the final third.

4. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Cardiff deserved the win today, but theycannot go another 30 games playing like that. It worked for Warnock last season at Rotherham as that level,of physical intensity is OK for 10 games or so. Carry on like that and they will rack up suspensions left right and centre which will break up team cohesion. Warnock only has. a 10-15 game spell in him at this level these days, although Cardiff are a better side than their league position going in to this game suggested, they will be safe enough come May.

5. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

The amount of deliberate time wasting that goes on in games (cheating) destroys the entertainment value.
    Take tonight, saw more of Gunnarsons towel than any thing else. Its turning into american football, long
    delays with not much in between.

6. Red Robin

Towels should be banned from the pitch during the game.
    I agree there must have been 5 minutes of hold up play during the game with the towel antics.

7. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

When a team are spending more time keeping the ball dry so as to hurl it into the box, you get an idea where their purist football values lie.
    IE lack of class from the Bluebirds

8. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

It's only cheating if rules are broken.
    Cardiff (Warnock) outthinked us. They were the better side over the 90 minutes.
    My one grumble would be that the pass which led to their penalty was offside - but hey ho some you get some you don't - and it was very tight for the officials to spot in real time without Sky replays.
    Onwards and upwards. NEXT....

9. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Aye, lack of class maybe but 3 points in the bin. Are you serious about time wasting being something of a big surprise to you?

Time wasting is an abhorrent part of the game these days, but it goes on all the time. I would suggest the 7 minutes of added time was a correct reflection and you had ample time to sort yourselves out.

Come on some of you guys, stop looking for reasons you lost that aren't there.

You were beaten by a team sent out to do a job tactically by a manager who understood what was needed on the night and not by any "towel antics". Johnson had no answer and there was very little in it over the game but the Cardiff players seemed to want it more.

Noone was marginally offside before that penalty shout but the decision could have gone either way. As it was it grunt and determination that won it in the end and you had no answer to it.

I don't doubt he's a good player but young Abrahams was put to bed early by Bamba. Bodies on the line stuff on occasions but that's what we needed after our poor start to the season and you had no answer on the night.

Very good game though - in fact the best competitive game of the season at the CCS by a mile. <ok>

BrightredRickster likes this.
  10. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

We were poor mate so don't get too excited. Arguably our worst performance of the season. Abraham should not have played, the kid
    has been ill for last few days.

11. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Maybe you were made to look poor pal?

Despite your put down I am getting excited though. After what we've endured so far this season this is a sea change on the pitch for us.

You are good side that got beaten on the night. You'll win others but after last night so will we.

12. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

I still think Warnock is a ****

13. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I'm sure the feeling is reciprocated.

14. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

warnock the magician - i"ll agree with that, he looks like hes disappearing up his own arse.

15. Red Robin

Really does concern me how a lot of our fans dislike NW.
    Just maybe it is because he always gets the better of us.
    I now he said he would love to of managed us,for me that would have been a excellent move.
    A proper championship manager is NW.
    Sadly there are not many left in the game like him.
    There are plenty of managers that would and Could learn a lot from him.
    Full respect from me Neil always thought you do a excellent job for the clubs you have managed.

16. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I'll agree with that RR - from last night it looked as though it was Johnson who disappeared up his arse not Warnock.

Marmiteman evokes all sorts of emotions from fans of his own clubs and those of the opposition - they are bound to vary.

It's about time some come to terms with the facts about him and not the prejudices they prefer to voice.

Red Robin likes this.
  17. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

ass licker

RedorDead, Tom_BCFC and Red Robin like this.
  18. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

We got what we deserved which was nothing, showed no creativity and were made to look ordinary against a typical Warnock side, very boring game killed by time wasting and terrible officials

19. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I refuse to take the piss out of Warnock after I found out last week his wife is in the final stages of breast cancer recovery, knowing the worry of concerns over a partner I just wonder how he soldiers on, apart from that I wish him nothing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37609729

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  20. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

Very disappointing evening. We looked okay at passing the ball but there was zero penetration up front and Tammy was wandering around with no chance of seeing the ball.

Yes, very marginally offside in the buildup to the penalty but only after seeing it on replay - can't blame the official for that.

Overall a typical derby game. We were better on the ball but seemed to have little desire to get in behind Cardiff's defenders and put some pressure on their keeper.

Bobby Reid....that will haunt you.

The towel - yep, ban them. No issues using your shirt but the towel is nonsense. yes, the ref probably gave us a few extra mins but it's just ridiculous.

Rather poor attendance as well - maybe Sky to blame for that?