1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Warnock the magician

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Oct 14, 2016.

1. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Why are people commenting on poor attendances? They had 22k there I thought I read on BBC. Probably looks bad because of the size of the stadium and like ours they don't open the top tier.

Apart from that Cardiff are still a thorn in our side, we bossed them at AG but still lost 2-0 last season but they thought that 12-15 years ago when they could of played like Brazil and we would still beat them.

Not going to comment on Colin as he's obviously RR's man crush

2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yep ROD, just shy of 23K last night and it felt like it for the first time this season. If it hadn't been live on Sky it might have been close to a sell out of the original ground capacity (circa 27K).

We're getting used to the new top tier being closed for the season, except for Wales games - it's been a bit of a white elephant to be honest, but if Warnock carries on like he's started, there could well be reason to revisit that decision. If we get anywhere near your current table position come the New Year, I can see it being reversed to accomodate the overspill.

If we can get near filling it (circa 33K) they'd better put in some extra bolts to hold the roof down if last night is anything to go by.

3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Gunnar has always had towels around the pitch to dry his balls. <yikes>. Has done so in the 5/6 years he has been with us.

For some strange reason we don't get the same service at away games. <whistle>

4. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Cardiff deserved the 3 points. For all our possession we created very little and we were physically and mentally second best.

I thought Freeman was bloody awful in the first half and wasn't impressed with Little either.

Wilbs showed he really is at the end of his career at this level, and we need better striking options than him if we are to progress over the next couple of seasons.

Red Robin likes this.
  5. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

It is just a time wasting ploy. There needs to a time limit on taking throw ins and corners for the
    good of the game. I think Cardiff & Villa have been the biggest time wasters I have seen this season.

6. BluefromBridgend

Agreed it can be later in a game but Gunnar does this when we get throws early in games and when we are losing.

There is clearly no desire to time waste in those circumstances.

But let's be realistic here if you ahead been ahead later in the game you would have done whatever was needed to help run the clock down.

I'm not condoning time wasting and also believe referees should be more positive in adding time when such tactics are deliberately employed. How often do we see keepers taking ages over goal kicks when their side is ahead later in games. This probably sees more yellow cards for keepers than any other reason.

7. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Get over it RH. He's trying to dry the bloody ball to get a better grip for a long throw for Christ's sake!

The "towel antics" does waste time agreed, but it is not a delibetrate attempt to "time waste" like when some choose to roll around in agony with fake cramp trying to run the clock down.

There is a big difference between deliberate time wasting and wasting time through drying a ball with a towel. They are both unnecessary in the game but the former is a far worse blight on the game than the latter.

8. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Cut from same cloth as Osman and Pulis and look how they did at BCFC. Wouldn't pay to watch it and didn't. Support the club here instead of rimming Warnock.

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Hey Tommy, shall we bet again that Warnock finishes higher that LJ??? <ok>

10. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

He had it stuck up shirt like he was giving birth then got his towel out. Bet he does this when its bone dry. Fake cramp, was that when Tomlin scored. Seen it so many
    times this season players rolling around on the floor to stop play and any advantage the other team might have. I do not condone this from any team by the way.

11. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

Whatever. Heard from a reliable source that a major house builder wont say who, has tied up a deal on the mem. Have you gas heads heard this?

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Red Hub, I havent heard anything about the Mem. Interesting though. Thanks for the info. Also I wasnt wumming. Last season when Warnock took over Rotherham and LJ took over your club, I had a game running with Tom about who will finish higher. I was just wondering now that Warnock is back, does Tom want to re-run the game between him and me <ok>

13. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

Fair play. I can see the only thing holding up your development being negotiations on who owns the freehold for UWE.
    The info appears pretty strong as I was given the name of the company by someone who I would expect to be in the know.

14. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

I think we already know we're finishing higher again, no way is the team from Legoland going to finish above us <laugh>

15. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

I think its good to see City have a street-wise attitude, as demonstrated when we scored. You don't win anything with soft-brained fools
    The South Americans are the best at this, which is why they are so difficult to beat

16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

You could be right about the freehold at UWE. The club have confirmed that the finances are in place to build the stadium. So if thats the case, get on with it then. It cant be selling the Mem that is holding things up as they have said we have the funds and dont need to rely on selling the Mem. So what is holding it all up? Well when Wael said after he took over the club that looking at the plans for the UWE stadium, there were many things that he wasnt happy with which needs ironing out. Looks like Higgs and Co had messed up big time!

17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I remember this statement from you IF they finish above you <whistle>

Are we playing then, or are you scared after they just beat you? <whistle>

18. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

It was lucky Higgs did hide a lot of information, mostly negative stuff, or you would be in administration now.

19. BluefromBridgend

Immers had only just come on as sub so fake cramp? You're taking the p1ss.

He took an elbow in the solar plexus in a challenge from either O'Neil or Tomlin and was winded. Not sure who even though in front of me. My first thought was O'Neil. I didn't see it as deliberate although our players did hence the handbags after your goal.

It wasn't a head injury or an obvious bone break and he was conscious so the ref was probably right in playing on.

Any thoughts on Tomlin's dive to rival Tom Daley in the first half? I gave him top marks for both technical merit and artistic impression. Why he wasn't booked I don't know. That apart he was your best player by a mile. He always does well against us. Wish we had signed him. Warnock would love him in our squad.

20. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

He dived into and went over top of O'Neill. No one contributed to it other than himself. Don't know if it's true or not but I don't think players can kick the ball out without the ref prompting them too unless the players themselves see it's urgent to play it out. From what I saw the City (Bristol) players looked for guidance before continuing to play on.