1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Watford Short News Items

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Leo, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

A number of boards have a "sticky thread" to deal with bits and pieces of news where they can be posted and not lost in the list of threads

I came across this and have not seen anyone else pick up on this yet

New-Kit-11-12.jpg

I received it from the club in an e-mail today

2. aberdeenhornet

aberdeenhornet Well-Known Member

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Certainly looks a washed out red

4. geitungur akureyrar

geitungur akureyrar Well-Known Member

I might buy this shirt. Watford do have some bad designs from season to season and this periods was not good.

5. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I liked the away kit though

6. bragantino

bragantino Active Member

Why can't we have something really wild like this

please log in to view this image

7. aberdeenhornet

aberdeenhornet Well-Known Member

Like what?

8. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Leo dont think this needs to be a stickie! we didnt have one in the original nest!
    I feel that all these different threads now will take something out the nest!
    The nest must be protected from all these inferior cheap and tatty threads!
    We democratically decided to start the nest a couple of years back and I for one dont want to see its use eroded!
    Rant over :)

9. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

To copy the Prime Minister Norway - Calm down Dear :)

The idea of this thread is not to replace or rival the nest - that is a forum for happy general conversation and will always remain so. A number of other clubs though use a News thread for things like the new kit or some such small item that may not justify its own thread as it would not attract lots of comment - often little articles from the Watty Obs for example.

I have received a few comments from people that the nest is too big and occupied by a bit of a "clique" I clearly do not agree with that but if some people do not read it as they think it is just a friends forum then maybe a briefer "news" thread may attract them.. What ever helps not606 is worth trying

If these go into the Nest they are harder to find especially with the Nest being so large. The nest is a "chat forum" As for cheap and tatty - you speak for yourself - most of us post expensive and quality threads :)

Let's just give it a try - if no-one wants to use the "News" it wont be used -simples

10. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Former St Mirren midfielder Stephen McGinn thanks Watford boss Malky Mackay for injury reassurance
    9:30am Saturday 30th April 2011
    By Frank Smith Watford Observer

Stephen McGinn has admitted there are “dark days” during his rehabilitation from a serious knee injury but has thanked his Watford team-mates and manager Malky Mackay for helping him “keep going”.

McGinn suffered a cruciate knee ligament injury against Doncaster Rovers at the end of February and is expected to be out until at least Christmas.

The former Scotland Under-21 international had his second operation two weeks ago and was still sore when he spoke to the Watford Observer on Saturday, after a procedure which involved a lot of “tugging and battering”.

McGinn remains on crutches but continues to do rehabilitation work at the training ground and can often be seen sitting in the East Stand during home matches.

“It is just good to be around the squad again,” McGinn said. “They are a great bunch of lads and the banter is usually flowing so I enjoy getting in and although I miss out on the training and it is hard watching them go out to train, I do enjoy coming in and they do keep me going.”

He continued: “I still come in and I will get treatment, plenty of ice on my knee as it is still pretty swollen. I have treatment with the physio and then I will go to the gym and do upper body work.

“It is good to be about the place. When you are stuck in the house all day that is when the dark days come, so the boys here treat you like you are still fit and it is a good place to work.”

McGinn also thanked his manager after the former centre-half used his own career as an example of how his fellow Scot should return to have a successful career.

McGinn said: “It was an injury Malky had when he was younger at Celtic so he was quickly on the phone to reassure me that he came back from it and had a 15-year career after that. So that is pretty reassuring.”

The severe knee injury came seven weeks after McGinn had returned from a fractured cheek bone and eye socket, which he suffered against tomorrow’s (Saturday’s) opponents Queens Park Rangers.

The likeable McGinn, who has made 42 appearances for the Hornets since his move from St Mirren, was upbeat when he spoke to the Watford Observer after the Barnsley victory but the 22-year-old has found it difficult being on the sidelines.

McGinn said: “I find it extremely tough because before my check bone injury at QPR, I had never been injured so those three or four weeks were awful. I found it really tough.

“So to then get hit with a serious one not long after, for someone who has not had to deal with it before, I found it hard. It is part and parcel of the game though.

“I was hoping it wouldn’t happen of course but it was always likely to happen at some point and hopefully I will be stronger for it.”

11. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Saw him in the lounge on his crutches bless him talking to some of the people in there!

12. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Just hope he does not have toomany setbacks - you always get one !!

13. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Steve McGinn did the lap of honour, it was good to see him, though he did look pale!

14. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

1200 posts H - whoooop whooooop

15. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Well he is Scottish!

Having said that, it's a beautiful day up here - blue skies/sunshine - am taking my coffee out to the patio to watch the dolphins.

16. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

That sounds fab BB! It's lovely here too, but not that warm and there's a nip in the wind! i need to get out there soon and get some walking in...just need a push! lol

17. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

No-one else has mentioned yet that I can see: Goal of the season John Eustace at Coventry

18. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

From the Watty Obs :

Goal of the season

1) John Eustace at home to Coventry City – 2,163 voting points.
    2) Andrew Taylor at home to Portsmouth – 1,634.
    3) Piero Mingoia at home to Hartlepool United (FA Cup) – 348.
    4) Danny Graham’s first at Norwich City – 317.
    5) Danny Graham’s first at Queens Park Rangers – 185.
    6) Matty Whichelow at home to Preston North End – 125.
    7) Marvin Sordell at Cardiff City – 118.
    8) Danny Graham at home to Hartlepool United (FA Cup) – 104.
    9) Don Cowie at Ipswich Town – 103.
    10) Danny Graham at home to Millwall

19. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

It was by far the bet goal..outstanding...:)

And good to see Will Buckley getting young player of the season too :)

20. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

Oh, and also good to see Martin Taylor coming second to DG in player of the season..personally i'd have put him first, but that's just me lol