1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Wednesday 29th. March 2017

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Mar 28, 2017.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Wednesday's Meetings

Southwell

A/W 6 Races 2:00-4:35p.m.
    Sedgefield
    N/H 7 Races 2:10-5:20p.m.
    Lingfield
    A/W 7 Races 2:20-5:25p.m.
    Kempton(E)
    A/W 6 Races 5:55-8:25p.m.

Racecards

At The Races
    Racing Post Bloodstock
    Sporting Life

Good Luck <ok>

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  2. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

3. stick

stick Bumper King

No bumper sadly tomorrow but I do like DUTIFUL SON 11/2 in the last at Kempton.

rudebwoy, attivo and tanktop16 like this.
  4. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

A day without a Bumper is similar to fish without chips, strawberries without cream, a military man without a minor Royal to salute or an episode of ‘Richard and Judy’ without Judy. Somewhat lacking, I say lacking.

On the subject of Bumpers we haven’t had any of my favourite type of heat this term – ‘Bumpers for Jumpers’. It’s what the species was bred for but sadly they can only take place when Mother Nature vents her full fury and the old girl never really did that this Winter.

Good luck, pilgrims.

5. SimonJ

SimonJ Well-Known Member

Two for me today at Sedgefield
    2.10 Darsi Dancer
    3.40 Dear Sire

Good Luck

6. Bib Fortuna's Maw

Bib Fortuna's Maw Well-Known Member

Sedgefield 3:10 Lakefield Rebel

Watched the gelding's last run and it went really close at Hexham - priced at 7/1 because of the drop in trip, I think, although it's a poorer field and runs off the same mark.

7. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

Valuable handicap hurdle at Sedgfield today that is worth looking at and i think the favourite has been laid out for this all year. The ride Crackdeloust received from Megan Carberry last time out was nothing short of criminal on the jockey and the trainers parts. Even with the blatant non trying you have got to be very hard pressed to understand why Crackdeloust gets into handicaps off 115.

15/8 is about half a point too big based on what we've seen thus far from this field of horses. There's a tiny concern this horse may not find anything for pressure so may need to be played late but the right jockey is on board today and i'd be surprised if they don't walk away with the win.

3.40 Crackdeolust 15/8

8. Sir Barney Chuckles

I forsook the ‘top table’ today and settled for a quiet corner to read ‘The Weekender’. Cheese and tomato baguette, a packet of Walkers and a juicy apple. All washed down with a bucket of water. 6/10. The most interesting thing contained within, incidentally, is that Alan King thinks Harefield was ‘over the top’ after his Newbury run. Always a risk, pilgrims, backing NH horses at this stage of the campaign for this very reason. Still think Harefield though will making a smashing novice hurdler come term 2017/18.

But, people, I’m sure only one market is attracting our interest right now! I’m sure the racing purists (remember them?!?) will try to kid us its one involving the horses running round in circles but let’s be honest it has to be the ‘Who attacked Ken Barlow???’ market. Skybet are offering: 13/8 Adam Barlow, 2/1 Daniel Osbourne, 3/1 Amy Barlow, 7/1 that old rogue Phelan, 9/1 the lovely, and I do mean lovely, Tracy Barlow, 12/1 Peter Barlow (I’ll bring out my duelling pistol if anyone dares suggests it’s him), 12/1 Rob Donovan, 20/1 the wonderfully monikered Sinead Tinker, 50/1 Chloe Tipton, Simon Barlow.

The obvious pick is Adam Barlow and I’ve heard a few wise sages suggesting Amy Barlow (to use that terrible forum cliché, you could say, ‘I’ve been told’…what what!) but who actually is the ‘perp’ I’ve no idea, I’m afraid. And because of that last comment you’ve got to say wonderful, wonderful scriptwriting.

Apologies. I had only intended that to be one sentence but I rather got carried away and it turned into 2 paragraphs!

9. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

(Excuse my language here)

What the actual **** are you talking about Barney? Someone has left the Tonic on the bar again

10. Sir Barney Chuckles

I think you’ve gone all racing purist, again, old boy! Are you turning into Mr Arkle in your dotage?!? Don’t try and pretend you haven’t heard who Ken Barlow is?!? Very nasty incident on the ‘cobbles’ on Monday eve. In fact I was so shocked I had to go for a lie down afterwards.

I only had water (honest) with my lunch so no T was involved...for once. This market is sure to attract stellar interest. In fact, in all seriousness, its made the first half of 2 national newspapers that I know of today – very few horse races manage that feat!

11. NassauBoard

You've been on the hard stuff and you've been spying the Tabloids. Is this really Barney or has he been abducted by a Daily Mail reader?

12. stick

stick Bumper King

On a more serious note. I have noticed that due to a recent spate of "winner tipping", something Barney seems to have forgotten all about, I am now poised only 11 "likes" behind the wonderful Ron. I make that about three winning tips and two humorous posts!

13. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

As long as he doesn't mention Nicola Sturgeon's legs .................................. <yikes>

Sir Barney Chuckles likes this.
  14. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Thought he'd been on that special Wiltshire weed which was written about here a short time ago. Very popular with the county set in that neck of the woods, so I understand.

15. tward07

tward07 Well-Known Member

I just came on to put up the same horse Bob. Fingers crossed it all comes good.

On a separate note I have tried to get my act together and stay clear of silly multiples. Started a database to record my selections and track P&L. Started off well this week with the bumper winners and hoping to continue into Aintree weekend :emoticon-0148-yes:

stick likes this.
  16. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Kestrel Call 10/1 in the first to get Mick Appleby off to a good start on a day which could turn out profitable for him

17. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

I'm done

18. NassauBoard

Oh, do we have a like leaderboard? Surely Barney is winning that on the bridle. After all he is the pride of Chippenham (Barney are you lumping on?)

19. Sir Barney Chuckles

Tip the winner of the ‘Who attacked Ken Barlow’ heat and you’ll have double the number of likes!

stick likes this.
  20. Sir Barney Chuckles

I don’t know. To be honest that heat tonight raises more questions than it does answers. Is Chippenham running solely to obtain a handicap mark??? Will he therefore be allowed an ‘easy’ race to secure a lower perching??? How good are the unraced horses – especially Clive Cox’s filly??? How does Eskendash’s Bumper form translate here??? Hawkerland is fabulously bred and has to be better than he showed on his sole start…doesn’t he??? Will Temir Kazyk’s steady improvement continue???

Very difficult race to read, methinks.