1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Welcome to the Norwich board

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DHCanary, Dec 30, 2013.

1. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Welcome to the Norwich City board!

Hello to all football fans visiting this yellow-and-green corner of the internet, whether you're a Canary, that funny lot of a blue-and-white persuasion down the road, or a rival fan. Our aim is for this board to be one of the best places online to discuss Norwich City football club, football in general, or anything else (within reason!) you might want to discuss with our friendly bunch.

To try and make things run smoothly, the moderation team on this board (that's Canary-Dave, Resurgam, DHCanary) have agreed to try their best to enforce some fairly basic rules, which we expect most people would naturally follow anyway:

Board rules:
    (Not Safe For Work tag simply used to save space, it's fine!)​
    [NSFW]Not606 is growing in numbers across most boards which inevitably means the potential for disruption to our board, to add to this concern it is possible for other boards to create a ‘cross board thread’ in an attempt to draw a reaction from the other teams board.
    Canary Dave, Resurgam and DHCanary, the current moderators on this board have agreed we need to put in place some guidelines with regards to the behaviour of our fans (who in the main are no problem) and visiting fans (again, who in the main are no problem).
    While we have no intention of re-creating a BBC 606 style of moderating we do believe we need to draw a line to indicate what is acceptable and more importantly, what is not acceptable.

Basic standards for us has to involve levels of respect for others and the need to avoid personal insults with particular regard to our human differences on gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation; and religious and/or political beliefs.

Furthermore, our moderators have pledged to set an exemplary example for all to follow and make you proud.
    In conclusion, we have agreed the following:-

Swearing
    Not606 is a public forum and has many people from different walks of life. Some more articulate than others and can get their point across without using swearing, however swearing is a feature that is permitted on Not606 and we recommend if you do not wish to see such language, you change your settings accordingly. If you do not know how to change these settings please contact Canary-Dave, Resurgam, DHCanary or try the technical assistance thread.

Banter
    General banter is fine but trading insults is not. Any thread created on the Norwich City board that descends in to insulting posts will be locked. The protagonist(s) will receive a private message warning them about their future conduct. In the case of a visitor to our board, we will send their board moderator a private message issuing a similar warning about his/her board member.

Wums (Wind Up Merchants)
    Wumming is not banter, it is intended to provoke an over-reaction from other supporters. Its sole purpose is to antagonise other fans. How you as individuals deal with such attacks we will leave to your own judgement, up to a point. It is better to ignore them, soon they will get bored and disappear. However, once it becomes an insult war the thread will be locked. The protagonist(s) will receive a private message warning them about their future conduct. In the case of a visitor to our board, we will send their board moderator a private message issuing a similar warning about his/her board member.
    Where a visiting supporter creates a significant number of WUM threads and/or posts (which will be determined by Canary Dave, Resurgam and/or DHCanary), we will send that member’s moderator a message warning them about their future conduct. If that member persists then he/she will be banned from this board.

Inserted Pictures
    We are happy for members to include pictures, DVD Clips etc on to the board providing they are not of a sexual nature. We will remove such pictures and message the poster warning them about their future conduct.
    If you create a link to a picture, DVD clip etc that does contain material of a sexual nature then you must issue a warning of the content. Failure to do so will result in the link being removed and a warning will be issued to the member that posted the link.

Ignorance is no excuse
    If any member, Norwich City fan or visiting fan does not read these rules/guidelines and is in breech of them, the fact they did not read this will not be accepted as an excuse or reason.

We also advise you read these rules on a regular basis for two reasons.
    1. To get better acquainted with them/refresh your memory.
    2. To check for any updates that may cover issues not previously identified.

If you have any questions please contact any of us.
    [/NSFW]

We also have several threads which get used a lot, so rather than having them clutter up the top of the board as stickied threads, they're listed here:

Update on Site Problems
    Technical Assistance
    Books and Magazines Thread
    Film and DVD thread
    What are you listening to?
    Places to visit
    The bad joke thread
    It's a numbers game...
    Final points tally

If you're new to the board, feel free to use this thread to introduce yourself to everyone, and if you've got any questions, complaints or comments, feel free to contact any of our moderation team and we'll try and help you out.

(Please note that this thread is only meant for introducing yourself if you're new, and welcoming new members. Anything else may be removed)

2. THURNBY YELLOW

THURNBY YELLOW Well-Known Member

Hi DH, can you answer me a question please.
    Why is it that occasionally access to the board is denied and you have to re-input the password? i know this has happened if there has been an absence and that is understandable but one day recently I went on early in the day and it would not accept me about 2 hours later. Is it a security thing or just computers taking over?

3. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

It's never happened to me, even after my recent long(ish) absence!

4. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

DH - your NSFW tag doesn't seem to have worked. This should probably be stickied as well with all other stickies removed.

Separately - cross board threads?? I've not seen any of those since (I thought) it was banned when they descended into firefights.

5. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Hang on - this thread is two years old <doh>

My bad!

6. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

7. THURNBY YELLOW

THURNBY YELLOW Well-Known Member

I think it must be my IT skills again then Dave. I fear that one day I will never be able to get back on here again and then I think, is that the underlying thing here. <laugh>

8. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Apologies Thurnby, not sure. At a guess it might be something to do with the way "cookies" are saved by your browser. If they get cleared frequently it might lose your password info.

And yes Rob, it appears the NSFW tags aren't supported by this forum software. This thread, and the rest of the stickies, etc could probably do with a clean up, unfortunately I don't have the time to do it at the moment.