1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Wembley Final Chairboys v Shrimpers 23rd May Que Sera Sera

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, May 20, 2015.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Cheers Vic

2. MunichDan

MunichDan Member

Cheers, and the same to all those from other clubs that have passed on the good luck messages...

Proper fans....

Ron likes this.
  3. ChairboyTom

ChairboyTom Member

Woke up stupidly early this morning, could barely sleep with excitement, it's like being a 6 year old at Christmas all over again!

Que sera sera
    QUE SERA SERA
    Whatever will be will be
    We're going to Wembley!

Ron likes this.
  4. ChairboyTom

ChairboyTom Member

Should also mention that I bumped into Matty Ingram a couple of days back, being an old school friend of his I asked if he was going to be fit for today, but he was keeping his cards very close to his chest, probably on Gaz's instructions. Either way, I have confidence in Lynch especially after last Thursday, should be a cracking game. COYB <cheers>

5. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Can't make Wembley as travelling is too difficult for me. <steam> I'll be watching at home with a few mates and lots of beer. <cheers> Whatever happens i will be proud of what we.ve achieved this season, if we go up i'll just be happy to avoid relegation and if we're still in league 2 with most of the team contracted until the end of next season i'm sure will be challenging for promotion again. Safe journey everyone and enjoy the day i know i will! <party>

Ron likes this.
  6. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Always had a soft spot for Wycombe - my brother was an assistant manager in Wetherspoons there for a few years and have gone back a few times since. The very best of luck today and hope you have a great day out

Ron likes this.
  7. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Good luck guys, you know I am rooting for you. Will be watching, which will be the first time this season (really wish you got more coverage for live games).

I am hoping for a fantastic double this weekend, WWFC & NCFC winning would be just perfect <cheers>

Ron likes this.
  8. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

So effing nervous now, banished the wife, bubbly on ice. Geez, not even sure I have the nerve to watch it.

Ron likes this.
  9. Cardiff-Wycombe

Well that's a ****ing **** start.

Ron likes this.
  10. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

That was an unbelievable start! but the game has evened out again.
    Looks like 1 goal could be enough to win this.

11. Cardiff-Wycombe

What would I give for a JJ inswinging corner.

12. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Unlucky lads come back stronger next season and go one better

Ron likes this.
  13. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

Gutted for you. Your keeper never had a save to make.

Ron likes this.
  14. gasaregoingup

gasaregoingup New Member

Cheats never prosper no lighting scares to save you this time - see you next season

15. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My experience of Gas supporters is they are generally decent folk unlike the one above who clearly has a penis for a head.

What an ending for you guys and am genuinely gutted. Listened to some of it on Five Live. First half most forgetable as was most of the second until the last 20 minutes. Extra time seemed the obvious outcome and sure enough it happened. One up with 15 seconds to go and blow me they pop one in. One nil up in pens until the last of the 10 and the keeper saves it. You then conspire to lose. I couldn't believe it and if ever a team deserved to go up it was you. I just hope this lose doesn't ruin your season next time. It can have a real effect of teams. Great season though despite the ending and you should be well proud of them.

Ron likes this.
  16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Well I certainly havent forgot that incident <grr><laugh><ok>

Im surprised your safety officer didnt try and force the bomb to go off just before the penalty shoot out, to abandone the game <whistle>

In all seriousness, I get on with a few of you so I am disappointed for you <ok>

But there is always a positive to a negative. Im sure the games/banter on here between the 2 sides would be more fun than you being in league 1 with the tinpots strewsbury <laugh>

17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I always think something fishy is going on when a fan of another club joins a forum and posts their 1st and only comment on another teams board. I often found when I was mod that its someone you will already know on not606 who has another account. A reasonable explaination why I think this is the case is because if it was a complete newbie, surely they would post their comment on your main official forum, not here on not606 if you know what I mean.

18. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Don't keepers have to save penalties ?
    You really should have been able to beat a team with a couple of Gills rejects (Barrett &Weston)....Oh well, at least it gives me a 'short' trip for one away game next season - and getting out of Southend is a damned sight better than at Wycombe -- although I took the park & ride last time-much better.

19. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

All in all it was a pretty poor game yesterday in the 90mins.
    Once we lost Saunders from that bad challenge after the kick off, we lost probably our best player, certainly in terms of creativity.
    The defence played well and limited Saaarfend to very little in front of goal. Not a game for the neutrals!
    General feeling of the fans is still quite positive. I said before the match I don't think with such a small squad we could have survived League 1 and the apathy towards the team last time we were in League 1 and struggling, cost us in more ways than just the relegation. The club is starting to manage it's costs more effectively and Ainsworths reputation with bringing on young players is certainly being talked about. This only bodes well for picking up players in the summer.
    It will be interesting to see who we pick up this transfer window as Mawson, Saunders and Yennaris return to Brentford. Sounds like Murphy may be making his way back up north, if what I read was true and there are a handful at the end of their contracts.
    It will take a lot to create that same unity the small squad had this year, but with Gaz and also Hayes (such a magnificent job as captain) we have every chance of being right up there again.

Ron likes this.
  20. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

You have to hope the manager now stays and does not get an offer from some one else. Seems he has done a good job, also a good character about him.. the game needs these managers with a bit of go in them.. unlike our stiff. :emoticon-0139-bow:

Ron likes this.