1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Wembley Final Chairboys v Shrimpers 23rd May Que Sera Sera

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, May 20, 2015.

1. MunichDan

MunichDan Member

Pretty poor game to be honest, neither side looked great. Couldnt see them getting an equaliser to be honest but once they did I thought we would lose the penalty shoot out. Would Ingram being in goal have made a difference,who knows? Feel Lynch is a little on the short side but aside from one their pens were pretty good.

I think we would have struggled in league 1with no money to spend and probably having the smallest squad again.

Onwards and upwards, the future is brighter than it was 12 months ago.
    Loved the fact the managers stood next to each in the shoot out...nice touch. Congratulations to Southend, not the better team but neither were we.

Ron likes this.
  2. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

Ingrams a pretty good penalty saver but its only speculation as to if it would have made any difference at all. Yesterday was truly devestaing, especaailly after Holloway had that excellent change just before the end where he was too indecisive. All in all though what a superb season for Wycombe, the big challenge now is getting stronger, especially with the lose of fred, saunders, nico and especially mawson

big mention for the turnout yesterday - fans were superb! Really feel for Wood and Bloomfield - couldn't pick two nicer and more committed guys to suffer that heartbreak

Ron likes this.
  3. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

Yawn

4. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

A great day out at Wembley shame we didn't win......still we got Bristol Rovers twice next season .looking forward to the banter with captain jack sparrow on here

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

At least you lot know what banter is Rocky and can take it <laugh> The muppet above your comment obviously cant. She is obviously bitter about the past! Or she is on the blob ! Maybe both. I'll go with both <ok>

I would have thought KDS may have learned something from last time she got involved with me but obviously not. Going on another clubs board just to say "yawn" in reply to me when I wasnt even talking to her! I feel dirty where she has tried to speak to me! Now I would rather let you Rocky take a dump on my chest than have a conversation with someone who is on a 24/7 period :)

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I noticed one of your directors (Dale Jenkins) is looking forward to meeting us next season! <laugh>

7. TheLuxuryFan

TheLuxuryFan New Member

Hello Chairboys,

I'm The Luxury Fan, and I pen somewhat odd lower-league match reports. I was at Wembley yesterday, and I've written about the game (here: https://theluxuryfan.wordpress.com/2015/05/24/not-with-a-bang-but-a-shrimper/). It was a truly cruel end for Wanderers, but keep the side together and next season should be a bright one. Bad luck, still. I look forward to visiting Wycombe come August.

Any feedback much appreciated. I'm @ TheLuxuryFan on Twitter and Facebook.

Cheers,

TLF

Ron likes this.
  8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Excellent <applause>

TheLuxuryFan likes this.
  9. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

<cheers>
    Glad to see you got home safe Ron after what was a very emotional and tiring day

Ron likes this.
  10. Hounded Out By Morons

Sad to say that you have learned nothing. Still the same foul mouthed numpty who thinks what he utters passes for banter. To set the record straight i went on to the Bristol Rovers thread to congratulate them........never again as long as it is inhabited by low life.

11. Rocky blue army

I read that cjs a bit surprised by his comments to be honest from someone in his position. <doh>.looking forward to next season but we will have to see what players we get in .Our loan signings have been brilliant but it remains to be seen if any of them will return for next season.glad to see rovers back up banter should be great next season despite some of your fans calling us a tin pot club with no support I don't have a problem with your club .you have to put things into perspective wycombe is a small town compared to the city of Bristol and we are so close to London we are never gonna compete with the likes of reading qpr chelski spurs arsenal etc for a fanbase. <cheers><cheers>

Guywanderer likes this.
  12. Rocky blue army

I read that cjs a bit surprised by his comments to be honest from someone in his position. <doh>.looking forward to next season but we will have to see what players we get in .Our loan signings have been brilliant but it remains to be seen if any of them will return for next season.glad to see rovers back up banter should be great next season despite some of your fans calling us a tin pot club with no support I don't have a problem with your club .you have to put things into perspective wycombe is a small town compared to the city of Bristol and we are so close to London we are never gonna compete with the likes of reading qpr chelski spurs arsenal etc for a fanbase. <cheers><cheers>

Ron and Guywanderer like this.
  13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Surprised you included Arsenal there Rocky. <laugh>

14. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

It was good to get together with everybody on Saturday tired and emotional yesterday now time to put it all to bed and look forward to next season a little over four weeks until the fixtures to come out I can't wait:1980_boogie_down:

15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'll be glad when I can get that game (or parts of it) out of my head. Every time I wake up my head keeps replaying parts of the game but with different outcomes.
    1. At 1-0 Holloway slips the ball to Hayes to slot home and seal the tie
    2. Under strict instructions not to allow crosses in the final 10 mins Bean commits fully but as Weston skips past him Mawson clears to safety. Seconds later the whistle goes.
    3. Pierre's header goes in

The most recurring one is No 2.

However, I do agree with the philosophical view that we are not ready for L1 yet. Higher salaries, limited budget etc plus the liklihood of dropping straight back down. The bookies don't rate our chances of a repeat next season with 9 teams quoted at lower odds than those available for Wycombe. At least they don't have us as one of the favs for relegation.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

YAWN

<laugh> ****ing numpty <laugh>

17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I heard you the 1st time mate, no need to say it twice <laugh> To be fair though, those calling you tin pots are correct mind ;)<laugh> Personally though in all seriousness, I dont think your a tin pot club. Strawberry Town though is a proper tin pot club with tin pot fans with tin pot brains, which has been proven in this very thread ;)

KDS, just remember, you started this. I havent said anything to you in a very long time (in fact its been years since you were last a little bitch) as I have no interest with you and im sure the feeling is very mutual. Why you had to re-start things I just dont know. So again, remember, you started this not me. I guess a bitch on the blob will always have something to say and moan about hey!

Rocky and fellow Wycombe fans, as always, it been a pleasure <ok> I will say again, im disappointed for you with what happened at Wembley as I get on with a few of you on here but at the same time, im delighted that we get to meet next season. Have a good summer and i'll see you in August :) In the meantime, I will leave this thread alone and not ruin it any further because of KDS aka twatface <ok>

18. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Blue_Slasher and Guywanderer like this.
  19. Rocky blue army

Cheers mate c u in august

20. Hounded Out By Morons

You wouldn't know the truth if it came and bit you on the face. I congratulated BR on their promotion with a tongue in cheek comment also. To be met by a yawn response hence my reply to your reference to Shrewsbury. Note the date of your reply. The bit about bribing the ref IS banter not the outrageous sexist comments you make.

please log in to view this image

Captain Jack SparrowPirate

Start a Conversation

How much did you bribe the ref? Congratulations, nevertheless.
    yawn.
    Captain Jack Sparrow, May 17, 2015

Last edited: May 25, 2015