1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread West Ham United v Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Apr 5, 2017.

1. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Guido should never have had the job. He kept us up yes, and we should have said thanks and let him go. He wasn't good enough and then it just got worse with Bobby.

2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Monk would have kept us mid table and safe by now........I have no doubt about that......I hope he wins the playoffs and sticks the middle finger up to Jenkins as we swap places .....That would be poetry in motion for him....<laugh>

3. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Roof - for what it's worth, my view is that Huw was "forced" to appoint Guidolin because of Guido's achievement in taking us to safety last season.

As such, Guidolin was a half-hearted appointment whom Huw didn't back him in the transfer market - rather he 'encouraged' Guido to say that he was happy with our squad....

It may have been better all round to have let Guido leave and to have appointed someone else - as it was, Guidolin was a sacking waiting to happen, and the rest is history......

There is also an argument that if Guidolin had not been sacked, we would be higher placed in the PL today.

That's why I feel Valley is correct - the "rot" started by Huw grudgingly appointing Guido......

4. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Your making a lot of assumptions there taff . Guidolin had a hard start in his only 7 games of this season . Playing Chelsea , Liverpool and Man City . We managed a draw with Chelsea and his last 2 games in charge were against Liverpool and Man City and we were playing ok . We got beat by a very hot Liverpool team on a late penalty after Liverpool scored 11 goals in there previous 3 games . And Man city beat us while receiving 2 penalties . Guidolin was adjusting to the " new " team and had the rug pulled out from under him . And as long as assumptions are on the table , it's mine that Huw gave Guidolin the contract because the Americans didn't want him , while Huw was still playing " Tough " in the negotiations . The Americans were waiting for the first chance to sack Guidolin when the finally took over , so they could install their " American " manager . Also , it was funny to read recently that the Americans are " Distancing " themselves from knowing anything about any Supporters trust agreement while talks were held ...... Someone should be held accountable for with holding info , whether it was the incoming or outgoing owners ....it's pretty stinky IMO

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  5. Taffvalerowdy

Hi Roof - yep, some assumptions on my part, hence saying upfront "for what it's worth, my view..."
    I think that most people that I spoke to when Guidolin was sacked would have given him more time, but hey, the Yanks made their decision - or didn't Huw claim it was his? - and now they are staring down the barrel of a huge diminution in the value of their shares.....

DragonPhilljack and seabreeze like this.
  6. swanseaandproud

Huw runs the club make no mistake about that.....The yanks back his judgement that's all....He will continue to call the shots for a few more seasons yet and it wont surprise me to see us back in Div 2 in 4 seasons back where we started......The man has been useless for a number of season and needs to step down for a fresh new approach but that wont happen now as the yanks have given him their full backing so it will be the same old same old......as he continues to ruin a once good well respected club.....

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  7. Taffvalerowdy

Dai - I think that Chris Pearlman is now effectively running the Club on a day to day basis - irrespective of what is being said in public by the Yanks.

8. swanseaandproud

No way taff...Huw runs the club from top to bottom....I still have my contacts there who gives me plenty of info......

9. Taffvalerowdy

So do I & I stand by my comments <cheers>

10. seabreeze

Palace up 3 - 0 on Arsenal .......All those " Hard " games Palace had coming are not working out for the " Hard " teams . Looks like Hull is our only way out of relegation , and their playing pretty well . We need to play great our final 6 games or Bon Voyagey

11. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Glad you find the prospect so amusing. Go you!

12. Taffvalerowdy

Palace could move up to 10th with victory in their game in hand...

please log in to view this image

seabreeze and DragonPhilljack like this.
  13. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

The Form Table doesn't make for pleasant reading, both Hull and Palace form is rising , while ours has collapsed, there is only one eventuality, unless there is a miraculous change in our form, I see us down well before the last game of the season, and remember this, we are only 8 points more than Sunderland, who have been absolutely abysmal this season.

One good thing from all this is that the share value the boardroom is holding, will probable drop to junk!.............<laugh>

seabreeze and Kifflom! like this.
  14. seabreeze

The latest Supporters trust statement is a pretty good read , there's a fight brewing and I don't like how it stands for old and new owners alike