1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread West Ham Vs Sunderland: Official Sunderland Not606 Match Thread

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Brian Storm, Mar 20, 2015.

?

Outcome

Poll closed Mar 21, 2015.
  1. West Ham

25.7%
  2. Sunderland

28.6%
  3. Draw

45.7%
  1. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

West Ham Vs Sunderland
    Official Sunderland Not606 Match Thread

please log in to view this image

Upton Park

Preview
    Sunderland travel to the Boleyn this weekend in a fixture which will see Dick Advocaat take his Premier League bow. Having won only one of the last twelve Premier League fixtures Sunderland will be looking for a change in fortunes at a ground where their last victory was under Steve Bruce in 2010.

Sunderland go into the game with only one win from their last twelve games, this being the home win against Burnley in January. Sunderland's away form is remarkably similar to their home form which has seen them win only twice on the road all season, the last being the memorable win against Newcastle in December.

West Ham, as we all know, started the season very brightly and saw them rise to as high as third with fifteen games gone. This form has steadily declined and resulted in the Hammers winning just one of their last nine games.

Match Appointments

Team News
    West Ham
    The Hammers will be without long term injury sufferers Andy Carroll (Knee) andJames Tomkins (Shoulder).

Winston Reid and Carlton Cole could be in contention after both receiving treatment for Hamstring injuries.

Enner Valencia is a slight doubt as he recovers from a ‘Freak Injury’ where he stood on a broken cup at his home.

Sunderland

Adam Johnson is available again after the club lifted the suspension put in place due to his arrest on suspicion of sexual activity with a 15 year old girl.

Lee Cattermole will serve the last in a two match ban for accumulating 10 yellow cards.

Emmanuel Giaccherini is Sunderland’s only long term injury currently with the Italy international likely to miss the remainder of the season.

Will Buckley is still a doubt as he recovers from a persistent knee problem.

Facts and stats

Head to Head
    • Sunderland have lost just one of their last seven Barclays Premier League games against West Ham United (W3 D3 L1).
    • Jermain Defoe has scored four goals in his last five Barclays Premier League appearances against former club West Ham United.
    • Only Sunderland (7) and QPR (5) have picked up fewer points than West Ham (8) since Christmas.
    West Ham
    • The Hammers have won just one of their last 12 Barclays Premier League matches (W1 D5 L6).
    • Morgan Amalfitano has scored three goals from just four shots on target for West Ham.
    • West Ham have the highest tally of headers on target (39) and headed goals this season (15).
    Sunderland
    • Sunderland have fired in fewer shots than any other team in the top flight this season (204).
    • Sunderland have won one of their last 12 Premier League matches (W1 D4 L7), but none of the last six away (W0 D3 L3).
    • Sunderland have won the lowest proportion of games where they have been leading of any team in the top flight this season
    Previous League Meetings

Form

This Season's Reverse Fixture

Last Corresponding Fixture

Goal Rush

Betting
    http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/west-ham-v-sunderland/winner

Streaming
    http://xn--frstrowsports-39b.eu/

2. Home_and_Away

Home_and_Away Well-Known Member

Great job marra <applause>

Brian Storm likes this.
  3. BackO'TheNet

BackO'TheNet Well-Known Member

Quality as per usual Funk !

4. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Great job Funky!

The job's yours!! For life!!!

Brian Storm likes this.
  5. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Good OP

Brian Storm likes this.
  6. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Excellent thread!

This was a match few were looking forward to but I suspect that's all changed now.

Shame Cattermole isn't back for this one as he'll be raring to go.

At least he won't be sent off prior to the derby <ok>

Brian Storm and grandpops like this.
  7. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

Aye. Here we go again. <doh>

8. Smug in Boots

Makes you sick doesn't it?

9. grandpops

<laugh> It does get a bit tiresome mate but it seems to be what we do.

10. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

I'dtake a draw but a win would light the place up ahead of the derby.

If I was DA I'd put Johnson on the bench even if Ihad no iintention of bringing him on. Could be a psychological boost to players he's close to. As far as team selection. 4-3-3 to flexible 4-4-2 with wickham drifting in off the left and Roswell linking up with PVA.

--------Pantillimon----------
    Rev---Oshea---Brown---Pva
    ----------Bridcutt-----------
    -----Larsson--Rodwell------
    Alvarez----Defoe---Wickham

If we need to go more attacking Bridcutt off for Watmore and go to a 4-2-3-1 with Alvarez centrally with watmore and wickham either side

11. Brian Storm

It's like Poyet is still here :emoticon-0136-giggl

12. master-simpson

master-simpson Well-Known Member

Whilst I would take anything from this game, I don't think Dick will have had time to wave his wand, so I am predicting a West Ham win.

What I think we will see is a much better attacking performance - well I hope so anyway.

Its gonna be interesting - if we do win, I am looking forward to a hangover on Sunday morning.

Bart (Good Luck Dick)

13. grandpops

Pants
    Jones Brown O'Shea Rev
    Johnson Larsson Rodwell PVA
    Defoe Watmore

That would be interesting

14. Brian Storm

I've noticed Mr Bart, that you've voted to us getting beat since I started doing the Poll. You've been disillusioned a long time haven't you? How you feeling now fella? More optimistic or on the fence? I've gone draw tomorrow but think we'll be ok now

15. MackemInTheMiddle

MackemInTheMiddle Well-Known Member

It's like Groundhog Day.

Hadn't realised what a poor run WH are on right now - gone for a draw but could squeek it, though we are on telly.

16. master-simpson

master-simpson Well-Known Member

Been increasingly disillusioned over the last 2-3 months, to the point where I don't know where our next win is going to come from.

I am quite excited about Saturday's game, primarily coz Gus has gone and not necessarily because of the arrival of Dick. However I think he may be the right man for our final 9 games.

I just think West Ham will be strong at home, and the game has come too early for Dick.

I am hoping the style of our play will be more adventurous, and will at least give it a go.

If so I will predict 5 in a row against the SCUM!!!

Bart

17. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I feel that SAFC fan optimism that usually comes after turmoil and genuinely think we will nick it.

West Ham are a decent team but I'm expecting a few surprises in the team and to catch them on the hop.

West Ham to get dicked 2-1. (Geddit?)

C19RK73 likes this.
  18. Smug in Boots

Just said the same thing, I'd do the same with Watmore ........ against Villa, Poyet had Jones, Vergini AND Coates on the bench.
    There could never be circumstances where he'd need to bring them all on, at home, so why do it?

19. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

Gone for an optimistic draw as we rarely do well at WHU. I'm still scarred from 1969(?) when they hammered eight past us. Could have been eighteen but for Monty.

20. Smug in Boots

I was at a wedding reception, in Consett, that day ....... 50/50 split with B&W's, oh joy <doh>

I'm going daft today and saying 1-0 to Sunderand, having a few quid on it.

Just noticed the odds on Newcastle beating Arsenal ......... 5-1 at home <yikes>
    Might be good if Man City don't beat West Brom, Arsenal would have the chance to go 2nd.
    A real battering for Newcastle could see them trudge into the SOL for the derby.
    http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/newcastle-v-arsenal/winner

Carver keeps banging about 13 fit players ffs.

Perhaps continually selling players, or loaning them to Rangers, in't such a master-plan after all.
    Might be a good idea to avoid gobbing on opponents as well <ok>

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    Sam_Fring likes this.