1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

West Stand

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by N, Jan 26, 2011.

1. N

N Active Member

I've spent this season in West Stand, I used to get single tickets in the North. WS has been abysmal this year. Yes its always been quiet, but at points you really could hear a pin drop. You can't even try and create an atmosphere as you look like a single lunatic, even the stewards give you evil looks.

Something really needs to be done about this.

2. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Give us a song, west stand west stand give us a song!

Lincoln Tiger likes this.
  3. mark2112

mark2112 Member

Go for a move to another part at the end of the season....its the only option i'm afraid OR join OLM behind the dug out

4. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

It's never been loud in the west stand, but you can usually enjoy the atmosphere created by the east stand. This season there is nothing from any of the 4 stands and this is the problem. The east stand by their standards have been far too quiet. For me the main problem is there are no individual songs for players. In 07/08, any time FC touched the ball, even if he ballooned it out of the ground, the entire ground would erupt into 'Da Da Da Da Fraizer Campbell!' and he must have loved it. This season's players aren't loved like this though :(

5. N

N Active Member

I think if the team was on fire (QPR) then the atmosphere creates itself. Nicky and Ash are the only players who get songs for them now.

6. mark2112

mark2112 Member

Dawson, Ashbee get their songs mainly away games mind

7. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

The atmosphere has always been quieter in the West, but there was a whole block of us who did make some noise and had a good laugh together. Unfortunately, Duffen decided to dedicate that block to the smaller of the two suites, which came with a meal ahead of each game, so to keep our existing memberships we had to move to a different block a bit further across.

The view is actually better, but neither the away manager or the lino can hear me now and I got a formal warning after only the second game, thanks to my new neighbours complaints of 'threatening behaviour'(which only really involved me shouting 'cluess twat' at the ref).

I think Pearson would like to separate the lads from the family's in there, as there's plenty of lads that do aways and would make noise if they were all together. The big problem is that many of us bought life memberships, which fixed our seats for life and it's now very difficult to move people.

8. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

The atmosphere in general at the KC is terrible these days , only a small section of the east stand make much noise and they are generally harassed by police and stewards

It didn't used to be this bad did it ? What happened ?

9. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

To claim that in the west stand that people do not want a sing song is wrong, there are plenty of us who go to away games in there and plenty who are always up for a song and get involved. However they are spread out amongst all of the families. I would love to have a sing song, but i am stuck infront of people who think everything is offside and that it was Ash's fault for global warming. I would love a song but its not going to happen when all of them in the west stand are spread about. Not much you can really do about it though... If we created a sing song area, we would get ridiculed by everyone.

10. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

I'm in the WS too and feel the same, - you'll look like a single lunatic.
    It seems though that half the stand feels like this, each fan doesn't want to look stupid and therefore stay quiet. I don't really know how it got like this but now that the WS has a reputation of being quiet, people seem to feel obliged to keep it that way.

11. N

N Active Member

Lets hope AP doesn't copy what other clubs do and stick a load of those inflatable sticks on all the seats to bang together. I wouldn't mind a free scarf though, I left mine on a train :-(.

Maybe we should sit next to each other James and we can look like lunatics together.

12. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

Or some vuvuzelas ;)
    We should - we'd provide 5 minutes entertainment for the WS before being dragged out by the stewards :police:

13. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

It's not just the WS, even in ES you struggle to get people chanting unless the game is really lively. The stewards E1-E4 are complete and utter pricks anyway always telling us to sit down and behave! What the ****, we're at the football I don't go to behave myself! I mean, I go with my mum and saturday afternoon is the only time i can get away with shouting you ****ing **** in front of her!!! :emoticon-0105-wink:

14. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

What is it with our stewards ? At other clubs its away fans who get treated the worst

15. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

stewards at hull are certainly the worst I have ever come across, I'm pretty suprised that after years of complaining there hasnt been anything done about it, have people aired it to adam at the supporters club meetings?

16. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

And we thought we had it bad back then...

17. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

May not be the main problem, but it's certainly a big problem

I might write songs for the current first team squad members that we have left at the club at the start of next season...both of them

Real ale tiger likes this.
  18. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I mean I did write that 6 years ago.

Walter Sobchak likes this.
  19. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

I'd just started rehearsing 'he's magic you know, he;s Moses Odubajo'... and the sod goes and gets himself injured again... get well soon Moses ..

I nearly commented about the all the other stands than North and then clocked the dates of original posts thank goodness..

dennisboothstash likes this.
  20. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Haha
    Doh!...sorry
    Amazingly we still have exactly the same problem though

Walter Sobchak and StCloudTiger like this.