1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What are we missing?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by invermeremike, Oct 19, 2016.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

A couple of results have gone against us and, although it isn't time to panic, I just get the impression that a lot of you who get to go the games think we are a little deficient in some areas. Another striker to complement Tammy seems to be a big request but perhaps you feel the mid-field and defence could do with some seasoned help. What options are available to us to put some of your concerns to rest?

Engvall keeps coming up as to whether he is ready and available for the big time and I wonder if a substitute appearance would help all and sundry to evaluate him? At least we are not leaking goals but nonetheless something appears to be not quite right and I ask you if you think it is the players or the formations. Lee is doing a good job, with some extra work still required, and the next home game vs Blackburn will be a good chance to ring some changes if you think that may be required.

2. Squasher

Squasher Active Member

Decent officials wouldn't go amiss,they have been pretty woeful in the last couple of games.

3. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

We always lose games straight after long international breaks. Watch us win on saturday, then win the next 4/5.
    Paterson needs to play closer to Tammy and Bobby Reid needs to improve his finishing as does Freeman (missing
    absolute sitters). Odd one Engvall, injured but an unknown quantity. Bryan has struggled at left back and it appears
    to be an area of weakness. I would think it certain a new striker will arrive in January probably for a record fee.

4. cidered abroad

cidered abroad Well-Known Member

It's not too clear at the moment, Mike, because with longer term injuries to Korey and Engvall added to knocks for others and the disruption that the international breaks cause, we haven't really been able to field a team consistently. LJ appears to be using this period to keep everyone in the squad involved, so we have not seen a settled starting eleven if we ever will with the modern rotation system that most clubs now use.
    We are seventh after the Wendy's draw at Cardiff tonight with 20 points from 13 matches. If we continue at this rate we will end up with 70 points and a possible shout for the pray-offs. Or looking at it another way, safe from relegation after 32/33 games.
    We are still very much "work in progress", I'm confident that we will win enough to keep us well away from the dogfight at the bottom and could add one or two to the squad in January, albeit maybe only loans with permanent new recruits left 'til next summer when I would expect that as many as six or seven could leave and be replaced by players nearer to top Championship or bottom Premiership quality.
    Keep the faith, brother, as the next eighteen months could be a very interesting period.

5. invermeremike

I'm keeping the faith out here on Vancouver Island cidered and I hope you're well and enjoying the season.

6. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Goals

7. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

inver said "What are we missing?"
    a plan a; b; c; d
    we are currently playing a plan a with plan b bringing on subs and hopefully turning a dour result into at least a draw or maybe a win ..
    SC played 3-5-2 which was plan a; b; and c didn't have a plan d!
    it only takes one clever manager to suss out a way to go for at least a point and maybe all 3 and it all goes out of the window enter stage left!!!!
    Tammy DID WELL but is now a very marked man and has no escape ..like a similar player that can take off the pressure, and supply a diversion ..like Wilbs does when he comes on!
    why is tammy out on loan?? because he is nowhere near prem level otherwise he would be in a prem team..
    he can score goals pt 1 of his training ticked off
    he shows a keenness to compete pt2 ticked off
    pt3 is learning further skills to avoid the attention of clever and experienced defenders
    pt 4 is pt3 and having a player or 2 to assist in avoiding attention and making opportunities
    I am no way saying he is greedy and selfish, but development is a complex animal and we know he is accomplished the beginings bottom bit of bread in the sandwich, now comes the filling ....

we know how good ALBERT is/ can be and Villa are going to have a goal machine with these 2....... we need something similar we have half we need the other half now

8. invermeremike

Like the rest of the squad let's hope he rounds out his game by learning well.