1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What are you lot like

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Feb 16, 2012.

1. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Happy Bday GC

kiwiqpr likes this.
  2. barley_hoop

barley_hoop Well-Known Member

Age 60 (last week), live in thatched cottage in North Hertfordshire, work in the City of London. 2 daughters, 1 granddaughter and another on way.
    Computer Programmer since 1979
    QPR fan since October 1970, lived in Shepherds Bush (in Richmond Way next to the BBC building) 75-76
    second team is Wealdstone where my Mum was born and I attended my first football match in 1969 to see a Johnny Haynes XI against the Stones (a 7-7 draw)

kiwiqpr likes this.
  3. Jimbo ranger

Jimbo ranger Active Member

that's sad , the fact you took time to do that shows your a sad lonely old **** ....I pitty you

kiwiqpr likes this.
  4. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Jeez just been through the thread and it looks like I missed it first time around, well done Kiwi for giving it a bump. There's some cracking reading here and a few gems from Brix, love the confused post from 9's about Brix's gender!!!!!!!.....

Anyway for the record I'm 54 going on 55, married to a Waterford born lass, no kids.

Born in Hammersith Hospital Du Cane Road, lived 200 yards from HQ, went to The Wren, then gradually moved further West as even back in the early 80's we couldn't afford to buy a house in London, first to Maidenhead then moved to Ireland in 1999, been here ever since.

Self employed as a Bookkeeper/Payroll administrator, some would describe it as Accountancy.

First R's game was in January '66 against Brentford, my late father hoiked me over the turnstile to get on to the South Africa Road terrace and sat me on a crash barrier to watch the game. I know we won 1-0 but couldn't tell you who scored. Thereafter went to pretty much every home game and some away games through until roughly 78 or 79 when I played club rugby on a Saturday afternoon so could only get to the odd game for the next 10 years or so.

I suppose in a way these last 20 years I should be classed as a very casual fan I think I only saw 3 or 4 games in that period, although one of those was a mind numbing 0-0 draw with Plymouth about 6 years ago so that takes some doing and must get a few brownie points......

Have reignited my enjoyment for the R's since joining this Board, often felt I was the only R here in Ireland, how wrong was that? We now have a great following in this country and our meet ups take on epic status as do our frequent trips over for games.......long may they continue and OBZ day was a legendary day for all the right reasons, can we have some more please........

5. Tonythomas123

Tonythomas123 Active Member

Age 48
    Director of well known high street brand
    Based in Bangkok
    Married with 3 Daughters

kiwiqpr likes this.
  6. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

Apologies everyone. I said I was 34 when I'm actually 36.

Compulsive lying must be added as a hobby of mine! ;)

kiwiqpr and Uber_Hoop like this.
  7. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Aged 48 now and still making an awful lot of money for other people whilst wondering if I'll ever do the same.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  8. KooPeeArr

I'm still amazed nobody figured out you do the printing for a counterfeiting operation.

I'm not sure how spreadsheets help you though...?

Uber_Hoop and kiwiqpr like this.
  9. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Sorry Kiwi, I'm not sure what your game is on this thread mate. So I give you a few personal details and then tomorrow my current account will be empty and Interpol will be knocking on my door, they want to know why my passport has been used to cross into seven different country's in the middle east on the same day?

kiwiqpr and Steelmonkey like this.
  10. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

damn it
    rumbled

Steelmonkey and UTRs like this.

11. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

At least you didn't try the 'I'm Prince Michael Olabide who needs to find a home for $10 million dollars, can I use your bank account?'...

Steelmonkey, UTRs and kiwiqpr like this.
  12. KooPeeArr

It's OK, his royal Highness is already using my bank account so no further assistance is required.

UTRs, Sooperhoop and kiwiqpr like this.
  13. QPRoma

QPRoma Active Member

Age 48
    Married with 2 girls and a boy
    QPR fan since 2006 when I moved to London. Credit to me as I bought season ticket for my son and me under Paulo Sousa...
    Work in finance but none of the banker w£&&er or other adjectives applicable as I worked for RBS for 12 years.
    Hate Chelsea ,Manure (not sure why) and Roma ( sure why).
    Stuck in West London as Missus and Kids refuse to leave. Can't blame them. LR and you lot won me over with genuine football passion.

kiwiqpr, Steelmonkey and sb_73 like this.
  14. mapleranger

mapleranger Well-Known Member

I am 61 until May - thought I was going to be over for the last two matches of the season but I was made redundant a week ago and travel to the UK is now on indefinite hold

2 kids - one in Canadian Army, the other lives in Lewisham and loves Goldhawk Rd but doesn't seem to know that QPR exists - I am still working on that

I am a (currently unemployed) mech engineer

Born in Windsor Canada, and now live in London Canada - sorry about the place name but they were given by homesick settlers long before I got here

First QPR match - Boxing Day 1980 when the Hoops fashioned a 3-0 victory over second division leading WHU

Shawswood and kiwiqpr like this.
  15. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I remember that game Maple. Silkman, Currie and Stainrod scored. We also beat them 3-0 at home the season before. I was at that game with my West Ham supporting Uncle and Cousin. Is that London Ontario where you live? If so I've been there when I travelled from Toronto to Niagara Falls and down the Eastern Seaboard. I hope you find work soon mate.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  16. danishqp

danishqp Well-Known Member

OK, cant carry on reading this Golden thread without contributing, here goes -
    47, seeing the light of day in St. Mary's Harrow Rd. Brought up in Kilburn of Spanish parents.
    Attended St. Georges Maida Vale by day and The Spanish school in Portobello Rd. by evening ( Mon to Fri!)
    Early adulthood was an array of jobs before going back to studying ( much to do with being constantly badgered by everyone around me incl. our very own Mick Leach. Read EEC Law of all things at Southampton Uni. Bored stiff, so bought the lease on The Crown in Borehamwood, as you do. Ended up in a bad place and started a mini cab office a la Brix in Swiss Cottage. Met The MRS on the phone, a blind date and 18 years later I find myself in Denmark which after 11 years is home.
    Two fantastic boys, eldest a true R and a gymnast, the youngest a footballer and for all my sins a Chelsea fan - and mad about it as well. Strange thing on writing this is that in England, I was The Dago, in Spain, El Ingles, but in Denmark, those that know me well call me Mr. QPR.
    Too often have this site open for some therapy and thoroughly enjoy it. A thanks to all for making it what it is.

17. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Don't know how I've missed this one, so here goes............

Born 1961- Sydney ( at a very young age )
    Reside - Gold Coast. ( past 25 years )
    3 x adult children, 2 x grand-kids,
    1 x lovely wife.
    1 x old fart, (me ) Builder ........... mainly do a lot of government work.
    Been following QPR since I was 10 years of age ( 1971)
    Love golf but it don't love me.
    Plan to retire as soon as I find a spare million .............. ( not holding breathe )

kiwiqpr and QPR999 like this.
  18. TimPR78

TimPR78 Well-Known Member

In Northamptonshire I was born and raised
    Having a kick about on the park is where I spent most of my days
    Pretending to be Bannister, skinning every fool
    In the blue and white hoops I was so f’ing cool

Well at least I thought I was, can’t stand Will Smith though

Anyway 36 on wife no 2, 4 children (inc 2 step children) between 9-6, have one of them into QPR and took her to her first game 2-0 will over Burnley at the end of the year, at which I made her stand outside in the freezing cold for 2 hours to get pics and autographs from the players, hoping to induct child number 2 very soon.

For work, I sit at a computer, messing about on spreadsheets and stuff that is ridiculously easy and getting paid ok for it, I look on the bright side, not a lot of stress involved.

To many likes to mention, but dislike Chelsea, obviously, and next to them it’s Liverpool, I know far too many ‘supporters’ of that bunch (in Northampton as well) and the majority are deluded Muppets who can’t understand why I couldn’t give a flying **** about their club let alone watch their games, it’s painful.

Hope for this season is, like most, to stay up!!

QPR999, Didley Squat and kiwiqpr like this.
  19. QPRCate

QPRCate Well-Known Member

I am obviously one of the newbies Kiwi is referring to so here goes...

Born Paddington General 1964
    Early years Kilburn, then moved around Northolt, Sudbury, Ruislip until moving out to Berkshire when I got married and now in Cornwall.
    I step daughter
    1 dog
    And a husband!
    I don't have the memories like you all do of first matches etc. QPR was always part of our lives, dad supported them, he would take us when he could afford to.

Scariest match I remember away at St Mary's, I must have been 20 it was a bank holiday weekend. Dad, sister and I went, still standing back then. A surge forward we all got knocked over then a very large chap who was behind us just scooped my sister and I up one under each arm and stood his ground until it was over. No idea who he was but saved us from being stepped on. Don't even remember result.

Worst game when we got relegated, my dad was in corporate box and did not know other results, I was in Ellerslie had to trudge round to SA entrance to meet up with dad (he was with sister and nephew) I had to tell them all that due to other results we were down, they all just looked at me and turned and walked off I am sure there were tears.

Best game there have been many over the years but my favourite is more recent, not OBZ day as it does not count because I was not there, but QPR v Liverpool with my Liverpool supporting husband under the flood lights when Mackie scored!!!!!

20. 4StringR

4StringR Active Member

I don't remember seeing this one since being encouraged to look in on here by Nuts. Some interesting reads looking back on it.

Aged 47
    Born: Du Cane Road Hospital 1967, but some months after the Wembley Cup Final
    Mum arrived over from Co Kerry with her family aged 6 and lived on the White City Estate until dad whisked her off to the delights of Wembley, he had arrived in to Harlesden aged 16 and 3 weeks from Co Kilkenny at the time when bedsits still had the "No Blacks, No Dogs, No Irish" signs in their windows.
    Mum and Dad got married in the church on White City Estate and had their reception in the General Smuts. So there really was only ever going to be one team for me wasn't there. Can't remember first game as I was apparently only 2 when dad used to take me and we are talking Rodney Marsh days back then.
    We moved out to the sticks and were brought up in Eastcote, but I ended up back in Shephereds Bush at Cardinal Vaughan for Secondary School and then Natwest Branches in and around Hammersmith and then Citibank Hammersmith - so there was no escaping the Rangers for me.

Now living in Ruislip, wife and three girls, work in the card payments industry as a Project Manager and at the weekends play bass in a function/wedding band and in my spare time Chair of Governors at my local primary school - which is rewarding but I had wished I had waited until I retired before offering my services for that one.

Season ticket holder in SAR and have persuaded the old man to become a season ticket holder again as it was his fault that he got me into this mess in the first place, so I am dragging him back into the ongoing suffering.

Didley Squat, QPR999, kiwiqpr and 2 others like this.