1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What is the difference with your team

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 22, 2017.

1. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

What does this season tell you about what went on last season with your players?

Remember Costa and Hazard getting real stick after JM was sacked last December from Chelsea fans at the bridge.

So was it the players or the manager to blame?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Jose wanted out and pissed off as many people as he could, as often as he could to get that.
    The players should have shown a lot more pride in their own performance and said **** him we are good enough without him.
    In effect the players did exactly what Jose wanted and let themselves, the club and supporters down just as much as the man who wanted out with a big payoff.

3. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Diego may well be spot on. There was definitely something going on behind the scenes and, whatever it was, Jose got the hump.
    His behaviour was weird all season especially that rubbish with Dr. Eva. He and the Club handled that really poorly. Jose got more manic, more Grumpy and more sullen as the season wore on.
    As for the players, I'm not certain they "tanked it". The team spirit was non existent, the performances were dreadful, and the heads were down. Were they "not playing for" the Manager ? I don't know. Lack of motivation for sure, but isn't that a big part of the Managers' job? The team were just rudderless, listless and out of sorts. Who knows the real reason? Not me, just glad it's over and we are on the right track again.

4. george the blue

george the blue Active Member

everything just went wrong.

poor pre season.
    poor signings.
    poor form
    poor start.
    bad morale.
    manager made mistakes.

it wasn't jst 1 thing. everyone wants it to be easy, bt it just isn't.

sometimes things fall apart, and that's ok in the scheme of things.

5. remembercolinlee

I kind of get that but to go from premier league champions to being that poor in a matter of a couple of months was very surprising as was watching JM being incapable of stopping it going so wrong.

6. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

That's why I think Diego might be right. Jose looked and acted as if he wanted away, the team played as if they were not being managed properly. It's all guesswork as to why and what was happening "upstairs", but something was. The old adage "if it's bad on the pitch, it's because it's bad off the pitch" sure seemed to be true.

7. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Whatever happened is ancient history. This has been discussed so many times. We've got Conte, an absolute class guy. Pointless thread.

8. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Exactly the same thing has happened at Leicester though without any of the dramas we had last year. Sometimes bad runs are just hard to stop once you are in them. We weren't exactly flying in the few months after Jose left either. It's really taken Conte to come in, make a few key signings and turn the whole thing around.

9. remembercolinlee

Was just interested as an outsider...that's why my OP was polite and not a piss take.
    We had a similar thing under Ramos until Redknapp came in.
    With us it was a tactical thing ... Ramos appeared clueless after winning the Carling cup.
    Think he only won 3 matches...possibly 4 between march 2008 and October 2008.

10. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Ignoring Diegos WUM as if he truly believes Mr Jose Ego extroadinaire (still a chelsea legend mind) would for a few million (he could have resigned if he really wanted to quit the club) risk his legacy by ****ing everything up on purpose to get "fired".

- I read somewhere his dad was seriously ill last year so thats 1 thing
    - some of the players lost their hunger and we had a notoriously bad pre season (dont think we won 1) as well as starting our pre-season late
    - I think the players lost respect with him after caneiro got fired, certainly it looked like there was a lot of affection for her
    - Jose was probably a little annoyed that he probably wanted to spend quite a bit of money. In the end we didn't spend that much and what we spent, i'm not sure were really jose type players (rahman, pedro were our big money signings). As a result the squad wasn't really refreshed and Jose rarely played these 2.
    - Our defence was aging and Jose had his favourites who he played even though it wasn't working. Bad form, bad defence led to more and more confidence issues. As someone noted, Leicester are in a rut and they were champions last year! You can note when steady hand Hiddink took over, our form was still one of a mid table side and was no where near top 4 form let alone champions.

Theres been a big change this year Conte has reinvigorated the squad. He has the respect of the players. He's dropped all the defenders who were passed it and has the players playing to a system that suits them. He's got the team playing to the sum of their parts rather than individuals.

Blueman and remembercolinlee like this.

11. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I think 2 or 3 keys signings is essential every summer to ensure things don't go stale. When we last won the title we had brought in Matic in Jan and then Costa and Fabregas in the summer. The following year when we defended the title we were still playing with essentially the same 11 and we suffered for it. Conte came in, brought in Kante, Luiz and Alonso, put them all in the first team in a new system and we've been great.

What ever happens this season, we need to make sure we don't stand still again in the summer.

Blueman likes this.
  12. Rubbersoul

Rubbersoul Well-Known Member

Why did Jose want out though?

13. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

No way did jose want out,he and his family love the london life.Jose can't hide his emotions
    and he looked devastated at times last season.When it all changed was after that defeat at spurs.
    He made us play a more defensive,rigid way after the humiliation at spurs.Our talented attacking
    team were not happy inspite of winning the league and this bad feeling rolled on into the next season.
    My opinion only chaps!!!

14. The Ginger Marks

Totally unprofessional behaviour by Jose the club and the players.....they all played a part. Reasons? Egos, control freakishness whatever it's over and now we have a top manager with a strong work ethic and a hard working squad. Past is past....we've moved on!

Blueman likes this.
  15. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Yes we have, as it's ancient history. <ok>

16. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Perfect Diego.

Exactly what I said last year August. Too bad it took all over hierarchy to see Jose's antics.