1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What's left?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just 3 games to go on my ST, and to be honest I can't wait for the season to be over and get into the summer speculation. In fact it's only 2 games left for me - I'll be there for Brentford and Forest but will miss the Geordie game - I'll be down in Dartmouth that week (looking for Doris....<laugh>).

Not sure what the rest of this season will bring other than to endure some boring dead rubber stuff starting with Brentford. Experimentation might be the key to unlocking some interest otherwise any more repeats of the last two performances will turn more fans away than attract them.

Roll on the summer break and some juicy rumours and speculation - my enthusiasm for the next couple of months has fallen away recently. At least it should stimulate some activity on this board which let's face it, has been pretty dead recently.

OK guys, what can we (the club/Warnock) do to get something from these last half dozen games with nothing to play for except pride?

Unless Warnock has already made up his mind who's going and who's staying, we could try some youngsters or fringe players. It's difficult to lay down some setup changes at this time - with new imports likely in the summer and no certainty of the actual personnel to arrive, it all looks a bit iffy to design a team/tactics right now for next year uless he's pretty certain he'll get his targets.

2. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

I think Warnock will give the fringe players the chance. I see that he took Declan off after 65mins last night could be his last chance.

Joe Bennett on the other hand looks to have made an impression Warnock said "That was Joe Bennett's best game for me at the club by an absolute mile. There's a player under that shirt somewhere and tonight he was unbelievable."

3. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I like Bennett Dai, although I had serious doubts about him after he was destroyed by Fredericks in that Fulham Cup game. I think he got injured after that but has come back well recently from that drubbing.

He's not that big nor physical but nevertheless a clever player for a fullback. I wouldn't have thought he was a Warnock type at fullback like Peltier on the other side, but maybe Warnock will go for pace and guile as well as just a blunt object.

I'd like to see Meite and Mark Harris feature up front before the end of the season - they must be given a chance.

4. DaiJones

Agree Sparks, Harris looked good for that small amount of time he game on as a sub.

5. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

Totally agree about Meite and Harris. As Zohore has showed (in some style) you've got to be given a decent chance and writing players off after a few sub cameos could be a massive mistake.

That's about it though, work out if any fringe players are worth a chance and try to be as entertaining as possible. I think we're all thinking about next season already, which for the first time in a long time holds genuine hope.

We need the summer window and to get on with next season.

I think this board reflects that everyone has given up on this season.....

Oh yeah, I've 'got' to get the CL final out the way first as well........ <laugh><laugh>

6. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

What's left? Whitts' only useful foot - Not used much lately and may be hopping off somewhere else in the summer.

7. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

I read that Lambert is now fully fit but NW won't pick him. I'd give him some game time just to see what he's like again and if he's being paid such a whack of cash then at least make him earn it.

Maybe give Miette a few late cameo appearances.

Overall though I want to see us play committed and entertaining football, and finish the season on a high. That would have a positive effect on the squad pre season.

ps I don't think we'll see Fred again though.....thankfully<whistle>

8. DaiJones

We can but hope.

9. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

and just to prove you wrong, a collector's item, he tucks one away with his right!

10. BluefromBridgend

Delighted to hold my hands up to that. I wasn't there due to house move but from radio it sounded like Whitts had a good game, especially second half.

11. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Good goal for a Whitts right peg shot but I couldn't believe how much time he was allowed to take a second touch.

If it had happened in our box with one of theirs, Gunnar, Manga or Morro would have had the legs from under him for taking two touches - fairly of course......<whistle>

12. DaiJones

Whitts improved no end in the 2nd half, brilliant corner for Morrison's goal and of course the right peg winner.

Other than that his marking was abysmal, his only tackle led to his normal yellow card. His free kicks were if I'm kind average.

I'll still think he will only get slower next season, time to get rid.

13. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

What's left?

Us taking 6 points off you next season!!!.........................<party><party><party>

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  14. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

your not down yet philip so have some faith in your shower of shi.t will ew

15. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

How many goals does Whitts need for a century of City goals now?

Will he get there?

16. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

He's got 96 goals overall for City in all competitions including 85 league goals.

17. BluefromBridgend

Would be great if he got the 100. Have to get a shift on though.